f*** This Organization

Paulie4Pres

5 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Maybe the older Sox fans can confirm this for me, but I believe hearing stories in the early to mid 60's, there were many Chicago baseball fans who were both Sox and Cubs fans. Yes maybe they had a love for one team or the other team, but they followed both teams. I believe this was a result of when both teams were on WGN TV and radio and Jack Brickhouse did the play by play for both the Sox and Cubs. I'm not saying this was a common practice for the majority of Chicago baseball fans, but many did like and follow both teams.

Maybe there is more room for Sox fans to not drop the Sox, but just add another team. It's really no different than when some of the Sox fans here who moved to Florida adopted the Rays or Marlins. 

Cub fans are the same folks who sit next to us at Bears, Hawks, and Bulls games. Growing up our youth baseball league always went to a Cub game.

I always said the battle is for the casual fan who decides to go to a baseball game or two each year. They will decide based on date, whose going better, dinner options, whatever. Both teams have their hard core fans. 

Look I get being frustrated but I don't get being frustrated after this deadline. We needed to move these guys we aren't going anywhere this year.

Furthermore, we cleared some future salary too. Got some prospects we could use to help rebuild or bring a player that can help us. It was overall a good week in what has been a god awful year.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Cub fans are the same folks who sit next to us at Bears, Hawks, and Bulls games. Growing up our youth baseball league always went to a Cub game.

I always said the battle is for the casual fan who decides to go to a baseball game or two each year. They will decide based on date, whose going better, dinner options, whatever. Both teams have their hard core fans. 

That's a great point that the Cub fans are also die-hard fans of our Bears, Bulls and Hawks.

It's too bad this town doesn't have just one team and that being the Sox, but I understand that will never happen. I have way more family and close friends that are Cub fans than Sox fans. Father time is ticking away and it's now just a waiting game for the new owner.

• Hawk 1

I mean it could be worse at least we moved our guys take a look at what the redsox and yankees did.

I would be much more upset if we did nothing. We chose a direction at least by retooling. Time will tell if it was the right decision we could be right back in the same spot next year if Hahn wastes money again in FA instead of bringing in the guys this team needs.

But at least there is some semblance of a plan forming.

Edited by wrathofhahn
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Highland said:

Got a chance to see the JR segment when he said a third place or even fourth place finish can be a good season. What was worse was when he was talking about baseball economics. He spoke about having to please his shareholders which I think we all understand. However, from his tone, I got the impression that he thought it was almost impossible to have a winning team for a sustained period. There was an almost a resignation to it. Didn't exactly give me hope for the future, long 

What need do we have of further witness ?

CWS will be a S-Show as long as the Dorf Cabal are in the owner suite using the organization as a defacto tax haven.

Edited by GradMc
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

It's been a clownshow since 2016

Sox have literally been one of the most embarrassing teams in baseball for the last 3 years. 

Before that, they were just a poorly run organization... Now it has gone from embarrassing to flat out comical. It's a joke. Sox are the butt of the joke for a lot of reasons, hard to fathom paying hard earned money to support this clown show right now.

JR is so hard headed, he will continue to own and mismanage this team just to spite those incredibly pissed off. FU Jerry, FU front office, but bottom line is unfortunately the jokes on me. The jokes on us. We are the losers, JR and his band of fools are living the good life and our fandom is doing nothing but pissing us off. Time to step away for a while, send a message that finally might be heard. Oakland A's style...6k fans a game style. Bud light abandonment style.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

On 8/5/2023 at 12:53 AM, Paulie4Pres said:

This org is completely irredeemable. In every aspect. There's not a single reason to be a fan of this team. Not a single player to root for. There is absolutely nothing they do, that isn't bottom 5 in the MLB. Training and conditioning? Lmao. Medical staff? Lmao. Analytics? Rofl. Minor league system? ROFLGFY. The Cubs have FOUR TIMES the staff the White Sox have.

Worst owner in sports, fucking hands down, no question. [Removed], and spare all of us, that you've been DUPING for four decades.

f*** you. f*** you. f*** YOU.

Many many moons ago, there used to be a thread called Mother Fucking b**** Ass Passionless White Sox. Maybe we need to create a new one and bump it.

Edited by The Beast
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, SoxFest23 said:

Sox have literally been one of the most embarrassing teams in baseball for the last 3 years. 

Before that, they were just a poorly run organization... Now it has gone from embarrassing to flat out comical. It's a joke. Sox are the butt of the joke for a lot of reasons, hard to fathom paying hard earned money to support this clown show right now.

JR is so hard headed, he will continue to own and mismanage this team just to spite those incredibly pissed off. FU Jerry, FU front office, but bottom line is unfortunately the jokes on me. The jokes on us. We are the losers, JR and his band of fools are living the good life and our fandom is doing nothing but pissing us off. Time to step away for a while, send a message that finally might be heard. Oakland A's style...6k fans a game style. Bud light abandonment style.

Even if fans boycott games, JR won't get the message. When fans stayed away after the White Flag Trade, he didn't get it. We fans didn't get it, and why couldn't we be more like Cub fans? 

We are in the middle of another rebuild unless the team does something dramatic in the off-season, and I doubt that. And I don't want to hear how great these prospects are rated. Not one can be considered great or even good until they prove themselves at the major league level. They say JR wants to win. I see no evidence of it.

• Hawk 1

45 minutes ago, Highland said:

Even if fans boycott games, JR won't get the message. When fans stayed away after the White Flag Trade, he didn't get it. We fans didn't get it, and why couldn't we be more like Cub fans? 

We are in the middle of another rebuild unless the team does something dramatic in the off-season, and I doubt that. And I don't want to hear how great these prospects are rated. Not one can be considered great or even good until they prove themselves at the major league level. They say JR wants to win. I see no evidence of it.

JR wants to win once every 15 years or so, the other 14 years he's ok finishing 2nd or 3rd and keeping costs manageable. He's running it purely as a cash cow business, profits ahead of morale and championships.

16 hours ago, southsideirish71 said:

Almost comical. 

So shocking why Eloy pulls so many hamstrings and groins. LOL!

Again this only happens because there are no leaders on this team to kick Eloy and others in the ass, as well as coaches and a manager making sure the players stretch better.

This organization is absolutely the worse in terms of accountably and leadership skills. 

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

So shocking why Eloy pulls so many hamstrings and groins. LOL!

Again this only happens because there are no leaders on this team to kick Eloy and others in the ass, as well as coaches and a manager making sure the players stretch better.

This organization is absolutely the worse in terms of accountably and leadership skills. 

“Accountability around here is not a problem.”- Kenny Williams 4/25/23

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

6 hours ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

My favorite team is the White Sox. My second favorite team is whoever is playing the Cubs. Anyone that doesn't feel that way is not a Sox fan........ brought to you by an OLD White Sox fan! 

Nah, I hate several teams more than the Cubs. My ancestors were all still in various countries overseas when they last played important games in 1906.

Yankees, Boston, Minnesota, Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, Oakland, Kansas City, the Dodgers. I hate them far more.

For folks with obnoxious Cubs fans in your life, just ignore / don’t engage when they talk s%*# or ghost them.

On 8/5/2023 at 12:13 PM, Highland said:

Got a chance to see the JR segment when he said a third place or even fourth place finish can be a good season. What was worse was when he was talking about baseball economics. He spoke about having to please his shareholders which I think we all understand. However, from his tone, I got the impression that he thought it was almost impossible to have a winning team for a sustained period. There was an almost a resignation to it. Didn't exactly give me hope for the future, long or short-term.

I have always had the impression that this comment was referring to rank in the league not the division, in which case he would be perfectly right that it would be fine to be nearly the best but not quite the best every year. Remember JR grew up in the era of pennant races, not the playoff era.

What’s the plan for Moncada this off-season? Does he need back surgery? You can totally tell he’s not healthy or anything he was back in 2019. If he needs surgery they should shut him down and get the surgery right away. It’s unbelievable how bad he’s played the last two years. 

On 8/5/2023 at 8:35 AM, reiks12 said:

What i love about this post is that it was at 1:30 in the morning. Ive been there after a few drinks myself. Ive been there sober too.

This is the darkest era of my White Sox fandom. I was born in the Chicago suburbs. My dad was a Yankees fan but I wanted to cheer for a team that was local. I watched both the Cubs and Sox growing up and loved both of them. I regret not ultimately picking the Cubs. 

I dont see us crawling out of this rut the FO and Jerry put us in. It will take YEARS for me to find my passion in cheering for baseball again. I will drink the best champagne when JR finally croaks.

They say that you say what you truly feel when you're at your most inebriated. 

I've had my fair share of sport rants, and sometimes I will sit back and say that this was stupid. But the few I've had on the White Sox. I'll wake up hung the hell over and re-read the comment and be like..."Nope, that about sums it up." 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PolishPrince34 said:

What’s the plan for Moncada this off-season? Does he need back surgery? You can totally tell he’s not healthy or anything he was back in 2019. If he needs surgery they should shut him down and get the surgery right away. It’s unbelievable how bad he’s played the last two years. 

This incompetent organization saw Robert play with basically one hand for a month last year why are you surprised what is going on with Moncada?

I think it will be announced in October he's going to have surgery, they have no other choice. It's obvious he's not 100% and I'm also guessing (and this won't come out) he will INSIST on it.

He's not stupid, he knows he's gone from the Sox after next year and if he can't produce the odds of him getting a good contract some place else are going to be small.

His only chance is to have the surgery and hope he's OK because like you said he is a shell of himself after four months of this so-called "rehab" crap. 

• Like 2

To
Brooks Boyerbboyer@chisox.com
jreinsdorf@chisox.comjreinsdorf@chisox.com
rhahn@chisox.comrhahn@chisox.com
kwilliams@chisox.comkwilliams@chisox.com

No longer a Sox fan, too disgusted

One of best friends growing up together as Sox fans...sent that brief e-mail 
Edited by caulfield12
  • Fire 1