Sox vs Guardians, Sat

oldsox

1 hour ago, tray said:

Ramirez is a cocky little motherfvcker.

Yep.

... but what have we done to stop him? Can't stop him in the game, and apparently can't stop him with fists either. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I didn’t mind TA defending himself, but why does he have to have guys “hold him back” numerous times after Ramirez knocked him to the canvas? 

Never been in a fight and took one on the chin, huh? Never seen a boxing match? Never watched a hockey game between 1980 and 2010??? First concussion you've ever seen? He was fucking out of it, man. 100% concussed.

So many of you showing your fucking ass in this thread. Good on TA for showing some fire. He was 100% in the right here. Also, one of the luckiest flails I've ever seen a guy throw. Ramirez was throwing hands like a b****. TA was going to work him.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Never been in a fight and took one on the chin, huh? Never seen a boxing match? Never watched a hockey game between 1980 and 2010??? First concussion you've  ever seen? He was fucking out of it, man. 100% concussed.

So many of you showing your fucking ass in this thread. Good on TA for showing some fire. He was 100% in the right here. Also, one of the luckiest flails I've ever seen a guy throw. Ramirez was throwing hands like a b****. TA was going to work him.

I don’t think he was concussed or knocked out. Just got hit while on his heels.

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Bullshit. He was absolutely knocked out. Watch his arms when he gets hit. And watch his eyes and his balance when he gets up. 100% a concussion. I've seen enough of them in my 30+ years of hockey to know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Watch him staggering on his feet while being walked off the field and tell me he isn't concussed.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Sure… TA just needed to connect. Punk. Rameriz just got lucky and caught Tim on his heels.

It was a lame exchange.

Lame or not, Ramirez got a boost of confidence from this one. 

20 minutes ago, JoeC said:

What sucks about this is that I really liked TA, and I really want to like TA... but to pull this kind of stunt when you're on pace for 100 losses is just... yeah.

God forbid a guy playing for a dogshit organization, having a bad season, where he obviously played hurt for a good portion of it, shows some fire, frustration, and balls. When some punk ass on a divisional rival gets in his face over a routine play... What?

Of all the things to complain about recently, I can't believe this is actually one of them. In hockey, it isn't about winning or losing the fight. It's about stepping up. Ramirez is a fucking punk who has been showing the Sox up and strutting around for a couple seasons now. TA finally had enough and said f*** you. He should be getting praised, not ridiculed or laughed at.

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Ozzie making a great point that nobody out there went after Ramirez with Tim when s%*# went down.  Something to think about. Props to Vaughn for literally lifting Tim off the ground and throwing him to the dugout. 

Good point. And we have a lot of big guys on our team,including expendable guys like Sheets.  I guess our big guys like Robert and Eloy are too valuable and too frail to possibly get hurt in the melee.

2 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

God forbid a guy playing for a dogshit organization, having a bad season, where he obviously played hurt for a good portion of it, shows some fire, frustration, and balls. When some punk ass on a divisional rival gets in his face over a routine play... What?

Of all the things to complain about recently, I can't believe this is actually one of them. In hockey, it isn't about winning or losing the fight. It's about stepping up. Ramirez is a fucking punk who has been showing the Sox up and strutting around for a couple seasons now. TA finally had enough and said f*** you. He should be getting praised, not ridiculed or laughed at.

^This.

3 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Indeed. When a guy is challenging you physically, wagging a finger in your face, you need to stand your ground, on or off the diamond.

Before tonight, I hated Minnesota the most, but Cleveland just tied the ballgame and have runners on the corners. Let Jose and that entire city sit there and stew owning the longest winless World Series streak, with little to no chance to reverse the curse. They are lucky Veeck bought, integrated and brought a World Series Championship to Cleveland in 1948, or their streak would be over a century and growing.

And f*** Tom Hanks while we are at it.

• Like 1

Fun things you can also do when challenged to a fight on a baseball field, instead of fighting or "looking bad/weak for backing down" (not a direct quote of anyone; just summing up):

• look completely bored/unimpressed with the dumbass yelling at you, then slowly turn your back on him and fold your arms
  • exaggeratedly flick away the imaginary dirt/filth from your arm/wherever the dumbass poked at you
  • make the Razor Ramon/Scott Hall finger-waggling/ooh-I'm-scared gesture, complete with accompanying facial expression
  • if opponent puts fists up, take one step back, go up on your toes and take a comical 19th-century bareknuckle boxing stance with hands pointed inward, draw a line in the dirt with your cleats and dare them to cross it, then draw another one
  • Ali shuffle in circling pattern
  • wait until opponent is being held back by multiple people, then do the pantomime "let me at him/fighting-against-restraint" gesture to indicate they're not really trying to break free
Edited by Hamhock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

The equivalent action in hockey of "stand your ground" would have been to stay in his face and shove each other.

To square up with a guy when you clearly have no idea what you're doing just makes you look like an idiot who is feeding the other team's confidence. If you're going to answer the bell and square up, at least know what the hell you're doing.

Would he be lauded in hockey for what he did? On some teams, maybe. But he showed enough ineptitude in fighting (just look at his stance and hands as he squares up) to clearly show he's not qualified... and, as you should know, it's not just about winning or losing the fight... but if you get embarrassed in a fight, it's worse than backing down.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

15 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

Fun things you can also do when challenged to a fight on a baseball field, instead of fighting or "looking bad/weak for backing down" (not a direct quote of anyone; just summing up):

• look completely bored/unimpressed with the dumbass yelling at you, then slowly turn your back on him and fold your arms
  • exaggeratedly flick away the imaginary dirt/filth from your arm/wherever the dumbass poked at you
  • make the Razor Ramon/Scott Hall finger-waggling/ooh-I'm-scared gesture, complete with accompanying facial expression
  • if opponent puts fists up, take one step back, go up on your toes and take a comical 19th-century bareknuckle boxing stance with hands pointed inward, draw a line in the dirt with your cleats and dare them to cross it, then draw another one
  • wait until opponent is being held back by multiple people, then do the pantomime "let me at him/fighting-against-restraint" gesture to indicate they're not really trying to break free

Personally i'm waiting for a bullpen brawl.

I love how guys can peacefully saunter down side-by-side from the outfield wall together, then push and shove once they get to the infield.

One of these days I'm just waiting for a melee in the bullpen. 

• Like 1

I liked the production from the middle of our line-up, but we have to hope for 2024+ that more guys come around. Kopech threw a lot better than his last time out vs the Indians. With our pitching line-up for next year, he’ll likely be a starter, but he just seems off.

6 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Never been in a fight and took one on the chin, huh? Never seen a boxing match? Never watched a hockey game between 1980 and 2010??? First concussion you've ever seen? He was fucking out of it, man. 100% concussed.

If Ramirez was a White Sox and TA a Guardian you would be laughing your ass off TA set up as a southpaw and got his ass kicked.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hamhock said:

The line drawing in the dirt is a classic Curly from the Three Stooges move!

9 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Was working at a charity basketball 3 on 3 tournament most of the day today and just saw the video.

I don't think Ramirez pushed his leg very much although given Anderson's injury earlier this year I could understand why he got angry but when Ramirez escalated things... OK I get it.

But then he decked Anderson which in a way I was glad to see, TA's acts big but when push comes to shove? 

Maybe this will teach him a little humility.

But it's so typical White Sox that even when they fight they get embarrassed. And the point about nobody immediately coming to help him out is telling.

Ah, ya' can't beat fun at the old ballpark friends...

Maybe this will teach him a little humility.........LOL I doubt it. Tim will be Tim, he's an angry young man that's mad at the world.

But it's so typical White Sox that even when they fight they get embarrassed. And the point about nobody immediately coming to help him out is telling......Kopech was on it pretty fast.

14 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

He's a baseball player. Of course his "form" was terrible. Of course, nobody seems to be mentioning that Ramirez was basically slap fighting and flailing at him, and just got lucky.

It doesn’t matter if he was luckily or not, he kicked TAs ass. One punch and TA wa asleep.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

We're happy for you Joe!

Yeah realized it came off as cocky.

Was meant to show I at least understand some modicum of hockey fighting culture.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

He's a baseball player. Of course his "form" was terrible. Of course, nobody seems to be mentioning that Ramirez was basically slap fighting and flailing at him, and just got lucky.

Lol…got lucky huh? Maybe TA is the lucky one here that Kopech pulled Ramirez away instead of letting him line up a straighter shot to his jaw line. 

• Like 3

• Quin locked this topic