Colson Montgomery

ron883

This dude is so good he deserves a thread in the palehose forum. He's only 21 and absolutely outclassed A+. He had an OPS of 1.088. so far in AA, he has crushed it (only 4 games). He looks like a mega prospect that is destined to be ranked top 5. It's crazy how much he looks like Corey Seagar at the plate. A guy like him panning out at SS would do wonders for this org. I hope he can stay healthy. Seems like that has been an issue. 

Edited by ron883
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ron883 said:

This dude is so good he deserves a thread in the palehose forum. He's only 21 and absolutely outclassed A+. He had an OPS of 1.088. so far in AA, he has crushed it (only 4 games). He looks like a mega prospect that is destined to be ranked top 5. It's crazy how much he looks like Corey Seagar at the plate. A guy like him panning out at SS would do wonders for this org. I hope he can stay healthy. Seems like that has been an issue. 

Am reporting this to mods for misspelling Seager and the fact that we’re supposed to defer to his Adopt A Prospect/Minors Forum author, lol…go worship Nick Madrigal’s 717 ops and surprisingly sound defense at third.

11 hours ago, southsideirish71 said:

Lets let a prospect cook for a bit in the minor leagues and get reps before we promote him way too early.   

As I pointed out somewhere in Furure Sox recently, Colson reminds me of Tulowitzki, who came up from AA and took over as starting shortstop, and very quickly as the leader of a pretty good team.

19 hours ago, ron883 said:

Thanks for posting this here because with all the Sox misery, we need some good news to talk about occasionally.

I agree this guy is a stud. My concern is why in the hell is he still in high A? It seems like overkill and the old proverbial "a big fish in a small pond." The Sox didn't do this with Robert, Madrigal, Sale, Rodon and others. I want this guy at SS in 2024 as much as anyone. I think we could be looking at a real star. However Colson needs to go to AA sooner than later and then AAA. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Thanks for posting this here because with all the Sox misery, we need some good news to talk about occasionally.

I agree this guy is a stud. My concern is why in the hell is he still in high A? It seems like overkill and the old proverbial "a big fish in a small pond." The Sox didn't do this with Robert, Madrigal, Sale, Rodon and others. I want this guy at SS in 2024 as much as anyone. I think we could be looking at a real star. However Colson needs to go to AA sooner than later and then AAA. 

He's in AA.

20 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Ok good, I just checked and I see he went there 8-1. Btw, didn't he finish the season in AA last year? I know he was injured for a long time, but when he was ready to play again why didn't he go back to AA?

How can you spend multiple hours a day on this board and not know what league Montgomery is in?

26 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Ok good, I just checked and I see he went there 8-1. Btw, didn't he finish the season in AA last year? I know he was injured for a long time, but when he was ready to play again why didn't he go back to AA?

Because they tend to start them out conservatively coming off injury in order to build/boost confidence... before the much more challenging AA placement.

All development is not linear.

And High A to AA the biggest jump on talent level a young player has to overcome.  Especially Southern League with some of those much bigger parks compared to Charlotte.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Because they tend to start them out conservatively coming off injury in order to build/boost confidence... before the much more challenging AA placement.

All development is not linear.

And High A to AA the biggest jump on talent level a young player has to overcome.  Especially Southern League with some of those much bigger parks compared to Charlotte.

Also he was only in AA to end last year for the “project Birmingham” experiment.

• 2 weeks later...