Dodgers have completely overhauled Lynn pitch mix

caulfield12

4 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Even if LA did magically overhaul Lynn’s arsenal, he’s still losing the race with Father Time.  Lynn regressing further with the Sox isn’t the sole reason for their lost season.  We should be thanking LA for giving up anything of value for him. 

Keuchel

Lynn

Hendriks

Abreu (at least they didn't resign him)

Benintendi

Pollock

When are they going to learn veterans in a post steroids era have a shelf life of roughly 33-34 years?  Catchers, even less.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Interesting to see… while we all knew (most did) that there was something wrong in Chicago, what “it” amounts to in stats .

He has a 1.26 FIP difference between the Dodgers (3.94) as here (5.20). 

He's pitched against bad offenses, has a much better defense behind him and likely gives a s%*# whereas he didn't here unless someone made him bend down and pick up a bunt.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

He has a 1.26 FIP difference between the Dodgers (3.94) as here (5.20). 

He's pitched against bad offenses, has a much better defense behind him and likely gives a s%*# whereas he didn't here unless someone made him bend down and pick up a bunt.

I think he’s had poor performances against a lot of different quality offenses in Chicago, which didn’t go so well, but that requires breakdown analysis of which would be way more painstaking than I am able to tolerate. If one is to say he’s not better, and better utilized in LA, or is the same, that’s certainly interesting as well. But that isn’t my take.  Something is different over there. If it’s just him, that would be disappointing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

I think he’s had poor performances against a lot of different quality offenses in Chicago, which didn’t go so well, but that requires breakdown analysis of which would be way more painstaking than I am able to tolerate. If one is to say he’s not better, and better utilized in LA, or is the same, that’s certainly interesting as well. But that isn’t my take.  Something is different over there. If it’s just him, that would be disappointing.

I know we only have 2021 to go off of, but going off of that and his entire career, I wonder if Lynn shits the bed in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Betting on pitchers with elite strikeout rates and acceptable walk rates is always going to be a winning strategy in the long-term. The quality of contact Lynn allowed has been brutal, but there's a ton of variance in that. It's frustrating when every other start he was getting bombed, but nothing in his underlying metrics suggested he was completely washed.