Sox vs. Greasy Gabagools 8/9 7:10PM

DoUEvenShift

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

One side or the other should refuse it.

Which is why mutual options are rare but yeah in this case, he's pitchedĀ  better than $12 million. No trade market though should be a pretty good indicator to him what his FA market will be.

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Which is why mutual options are rare but yeah in this case, he's pitchedĀ  better than $12 million. No trade market though should be a pretty good indicator to him what his FA market will be.

He's also had two IL stints and two TJ's in the past so anything is possible.

6 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

Both Clevinger and the Sox have to pick it up. After Clevinger embarrassed the Sox with his off field behavior I expect them to pay him his $4M to go away.Ā 

They are gonna need someone to pitch. What the heck is the starting rotation gonna look like?

If Katz stays, will they go after Flaherty?

7 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

Both Clevinger and the Sox have to pick it up. After Clevinger embarrassed the Sox with his off field behavior I expect them to pay him his $4M to go away.Ā 

Hopefully. But theyā€™re gonna be desperate to cover innings next year.Ā 

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

They are gonna need someone to pitch. What the heck is the starting rotation gonna look like?

If Katz stays, will they go after Flaherty?

If Flaherty pitches well for Baltimore he might be out of the bargain bin price range.

Ā 

Cease Kopech Touki Scholtens Severino/Martin

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Just now, wegner said:

If there's any $$ left after rebuilding an expensive bullpen again.

Oh god. I kinda like some of the arms we already have in there (Santos, Cronin, Honeywell is interesting enough) but definitely donā€™t overspend here. We all know Rick is chomping at the bit to overpay relievers though!

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Oh god. I kinda like some of the arms we already have in there (Santos, Cronin, Honeywell is interesting enough) but definitely donā€™t overspend here. We all know Rick is chomping at the bit to overpay relievers though!

He does love to go early in free agency and overpay. I wonder if it would be a good idea to just let Hahn go at this point??

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If Flaherty pitches well for Baltimore he might be out of the bargain bin price range.

Ā 

Cease Kopech Touki Scholtens Severino/Martin

Good thing we will still be in the Central with that starting rotationĀ