A Sobering Thought...

Lip Man 1

46 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Why would you tear everything down and keep Robert? You gotta move Robert if you are planning another tank job. 

We're having very different outlooks on tank job.

I'm saying punt 2024 and let their current prospects — the ones they already had, drafted, and traded for — work towards 2025 and 2026.

Robert's age and contract line up with that. Same with Vaughn and Colas.

I was fine selling Cease because he's regressed, I don't see them paying him, and it was a seller's market.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There's a legit possibility that the entire left side of the IF gets DFA by next June. 

The only thing that might prevent it is Montgomery and Ramos not being ready yet. 

They're stuck with Moncada and they're going to pick up TA's option even if they shouldn't.

Edited by baseballgalaly

33 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

There's a legit possibility that the entire left side of the IF gets DFA by next June. 

The only thing that might prevent it is Montgomery and Ramos not being ready yet. 

They're stuck with Moncada and they're going to pick up TA's option even if they shouldn't.

Dream scenario is those two are resurgent in their contract years, then get traded for pitching while Colson and Ramos tear up Charlotte.

But Pedro must prioritize the wins!

11 hours ago, Texsox said:

It will be great. We've hit bottom, now it's time to rebuild. New faces, new stories. It's a return to 2017 when we had a highly rated farm system. This front office did it once, they can do it again. 

Howz that workin out now? Not so good.  Farm system ratings don't always tell the story with many organizations, usually the ones that seem to have more losing seasons than winning seasons. 

Sox scored enough runs to win a lot of games this season but the bullpen pitchers blew way too many leads. A new Manager, pitching coach, 5 decent starters, 4-5 bullpen arms, and a legit Closer could bring the team closer to contention. Bummer should not throw another pitch for the White Sox. Let that game against the Cubs be his last.

Edited by tray
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Did he?

We're so lucky here at Soxtalk to have an insider that provides absolutely no inside information, but always jumps at the chance to let people know that they are an insider. A true asset to this forum. 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, tray said:

Sox scored enough runs to win a lot of games this season but the bullpen pitchers blew way too many leads. A new Manager, pitching coach, 5 decent starters, 4-5 bullpen arms, and a legit Closer could bring the team closer to contention. Bummer should not throw another pitch for the White Sox. Let that game against the Cubs be his last.

That 11 players by my count. Yep, they are that close. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tray said:

This organization called Aaron Bummer untouchable like 2 weeks ago.

9 hours ago, Quin said:

But Pedro is doing his weird "we must compete with the old guys" dance, so here we are. 

Jerry's dime, Hahn's dance floor, as Chet Chit Chat would say.

Hahn makes the decisions, Pedro is the one who faces the questions publicly.

He may agree with the call, but doesn't have much of an option, IMO.

5 hours ago, DirtySox said:

I was waiting for this post. Do I want to know who Shirley would have picked?

Do you actually trust that Harold is an insider ? Lately all I've been seeing lately are posts on Ken Williams Jr having an important roll in Sox minor league development. I brought that up a week maybe 10 days ago and it seems like all of a sudden I see a bunch of posts about him. Harold said he wasn't a part of the organization any more to my post. I responded that he was still listed on whitesox.com among the employed. After that I didn't hear anything. It's only because of Harold that I still really don't know if KW Jr is still around.

Who knows for sure ? Someone show me something that says he isn't part of the organization anymore besides the usual misinformation we get from Harold. He says something then says nothing to support it. I think in most cases why hint at something if you can't give the whole story ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Do you actually trust that Harold is an insider ? Lately all I've been seeing lately are posts on Ken Williams Jr having an important roll in Sox minor league development. I brought that up a week maybe 10 days ago and it seems like all of a sudden I see a bunch of posts about him. Harold said he wasn't a part of the organization any more to my post. I responded that he was still listed on whitesox.com among the employed. After that I didn't hear anything. It's only because of Harold that I still really don't know if KW Jr is still around.

Who knows for sure ? Someone show me something that says he isn't part of the organization anymore besides the usual misinformation we get from Harold. He says something then says nothing to support it. I think in most cases why hint at something if you can't give the whole story ?

There have been more times than I can count where he’s PM me information before anyone else had it that ended up being accurate. I absolutely trust he knows stuff

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

There have been more times than I can count where he’s PM me information before anyone else had it that ended up being accurate. I absolutely trust he knows stuff

Same.

Believe what you want folks. Also look at it from his perspective. Probably not good for business to be putting super specific information out on the public forum for all to read.

• Like 1