GT 8/27: OAK @ SOX, 1:10, now I'm stuck doing another one

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Sox a different team with good YoYo.  Maybe he hated Hahn and KW?

It's odd cause he looks more engaged and alive since they gone... Knowing Kenny who knows...

• Hawk 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They will tie the series if they hold on, but it's nice to see they have shown life in two straight games.

They will be 3-3 .500 in the Chris Getz era with a win today.  They finished decent last year as well, going 18-16 under Miguel Cairo.

Bottom line is if we win today we will still lose the season series 4-3 to the A’s.

• Haha 1
  • Hawk 1

1 minute ago, kwill said:

Can I say I love Oscar Colas. I know he has not played great this season but he gets so happy when he gets a hit. 

I think he genuinely wants to be a good player. 

Maybe Colas and Sosa are two guys to build around with Robert.

5 minutes ago, kwill said:

Can I say I love Oscar Colas. I know he has not played great this season but he gets so happy when he gets a hit. 

I think he genuinely wants to be a good player. 

Grifol isn't here for that nonsense.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

This is the Moncada that I was thought would be one of the center pieces of a champion . he sure has looked good lately.

Sox medical staff now that KW/Hahn are gone: "Ok guys, we're actually allowed to institute a stretching regimen."

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

This is the Moncada that I was thought would be one of the center pieces of a champion . he sure has looked good lately.

I haven’t liked this guy since we got him in the Sale trade but for some reason I’ve really been pulling for him this year, one reason probably because I really respect his defense at third base. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I haven’t liked this guy since we got him in the Sale trade but for some reason I’ve really been pulling for him this year, one reason probably because I really respect his defense at third base. 

He is outstanding defensively at 3B. I was against the Burger trade but I also thought the talk of moving Moncada to 2B to make room for Burger at 3B was ridiculous. Premium defense is important and Moncada provides that at 3B.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

He is outstanding defensively at 3B. I was against the Burger trade but I also thought the talk of moving Moncada to 2B to make room for Burger at 3B was ridiculous. Premium defense is important and Moncada provides that at 3B.

Enjoy it next season because after that "he gone..." (and rightfully so)

Given the lack of starting pitching unless the Sox are willing to go out and somehow acquire three starting pitchers you have to give consideration to Clevinger returning next year like it or not. He has been solid in this disaster of a season. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Given the lack of starting pitching unless the Sox are willing to go out and somehow acquire three starting pitchers you have to give consideration to Clevinger returning next year like it or not. He has been solid in this disaster of a season. 

Of course you do, but for how well he has pitched lately, he probably moves on.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I agree. 

1 hour ago, baseballgalaly said:

I agree with this guy. I know I talk s%*# about Yoan because he's not worth his contract but man if he stayed healthy it completely changes the trajectory of the 2016-17 rebuild.

He's been essentially average to below average offensively for four straight seasons. Has it been all injury related? Seems like there's probably a lot more to it...

21 minutes ago, ChetLemon77 said:

He's been essentially average to below average offensively for four straight seasons. Has it been all injury related? Seems like there's probably a lot more to it...

Based on all the reports that have been coming out from various people/sources (including mine this past off season) he isn't the "baseball-smartest" guy around and seems to be a disruptive clubhouse presence.