9/4- Sox at Royals, 1:10

flavum

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Not really. That's why I stopped my mlb.com for next year renewal. There's nothing they can do trade wise to improve dramatically. People are talking about trading our one or two minor league "studs" for oldster Salvy. Salvy will help but you are looking at blah stats from him the rest of his career. His leadership will help of course.

But they've got no reliable starters now that Cease stinks. And the bullpen has to be one of the worst in Sox history. They've got no bats besides Robert. And their defense is blah to bad. Beni is one of their best players. Yikes.

All they can do this offseason is see what they can get for Moncada and TA. Big deal. Those will be the big trades. Nobody on here has even produced a feasible "plan" for the offseason. Sox have maybe 3-4 guys other teams would take in a trade off the big league roster. Sox will have about 45 wins max at this stage of the 2024 season.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Not really. That's why I stopped my mlb.com for next year renewal. There's nothing they can do trade wise to improve dramatically. People are talking about trading our one or two minor league "studs" for oldster Salvy. Salvy will help but you are looking at blah stats from him the rest of his career. His leadership will help of course.

But they've got no reliable starters now that Cease stinks. And the bullpen has to be one of the worst in Sox history. They've got no bats besides Robert. And their defense is blah to bad. Beni is one of their best players. Yikes.

All they can do this offseason is see what they can get for Moncada and TA. Big deal. Those will be the big trades. Nobody on here has even produced a feasible "plan" for the offseason. Sox have maybe 3-4 guys other teams would take in a trade off the big league roster. Sox will have about 45 wins max at this stage of the 2024 season.

Can’t get anything for Moncada because of his contract.

13 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Yea, same here . i've had MLB Extra Innings or MLB.com baseball every year for around 20 years . I really don't see any point in going through the nightmare that is coming next year . i'll just watch whatever is on.

• Thanks 1

From DVS story on this afternoon's carnage:

"It was the latest remind of just how big a job new general manager Chris Getz is facing. Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf, expressing belief in the Sox’ core just last week, is trying to convince fans another rebuild isn't necessary, not with the current core, a core that has the Sox holding a 53-85 record, reaching new depths below the .500 mark with each passing day." 

😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

From DVS story on this afternoon's carnage:

"It was the latest remind of just how big a job new general manager Chris Getz is facing. Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf, expressing belief in the Sox’ core just last week, is trying to convince fans another rebuild isn't necessary, not with the current core, a core that has the Sox holding a 53-85 record, reaching new depths below the .500 mark with each passing day." 

😆

They’re fooling themselves but not fooling us.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I just saw the score.  Not certain I'd consider myself a fan at this point.  This is rock bottom and I've been a fan for over 40 years.  Zero interest in these losers. 

Same here!! And I never felt this way about a Bill Veeck owned White Sox team.  Wish he had never sold to Reinsdorf!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

They have NEVER played for Pedro. It's just an absolute joke he's coming back.

I guess this what happens when we hire a guy from the Royals' player development department to oversee the a former Royals bench coach.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Losing is way better than winning at this point, but wow, they sure are looking bad while doing it. Not sure I’ve been this disinterested in the Sox in my lifetime. Blows 

Because somehow...the Rockies will get a future HoF at 1-3 and we'll get another Royals/Sox pick at #4.

At this point...might as well root for the Royals again to get better than the Sox in 2024 to make this whole situation look even more embarrassing.

Only then can they get attendance all the way down to the 1.2-1.3 million mark.

Once upon a time...there was a IL state subsidy if those numbers ever went below 800,000.  They might be challenging it at this rate over the next 2-3 seasons.  Especially if they capitulate and trade Robert.

Not being able to sell ads for their own sports network might also do the trick.

10,646 poor souls at Burning Man/Dante's Inferno at KC.  At least they have Ragans and Witt to crow about now.

Edited by caulfield12