Colas sent to AAA (again)

YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES!

Also, while nabbing this photo:

When Chris Getz retired, a symbol of Royals futility went with him

As for Chris Getz, he picked up about $3.3 million in his career and as long as he invested it in something other than Blackberry we probably should feel happy for him. He got more of a shot than most players do, and more chances than he would have had in a smarter organization. It's not the Hall of Fame, but it's something special... And it's a fitting monument to the Dayton Moore era in Kansas City.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

Charlotte has 12 games left while White Sox have 18. Not sure what the rationale is giving one of our  better prospects  less games as the season winds  down. I would think Colas should be getting as many MLB at bats as possible before the season ends. 

Rationale? This org?

57 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I think they are sending a clear message that we will hold you accountable. We said that we want you to work on certain things and not continue to do x, y, and z and that is clearly not happening so they are sending a message. I can actually applaud it - its just hard because for year(s) they have not done this and they are clearly NOT consistent in how they have handled it.  

Probably goes into a lot of why they have failed across the board at everything - they don't set the right standard and don't hold people accountable to that standard. It seems to be ripe at all levels, whether its players off-season workout routines, or putting in the right work on the little things and building the right habits that compound into winning ways.  

Not sure it's holding him accountable as much as a misguided attempt at it. Holding him accountable can look like starting him for 18 more games in MLB and then putting together an offseason that leads to some success. Sox have zero chance of that however.

34 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Colas has been a pretty big disappointment and my guess is he won’t be a member of the White Sox next year.

45 minutes ago, flavum said:

There’s got to be a behavior problem here. He’s gone this offseason. 

46 minutes ago, fathom said:

Wouldn’t be shocked at all if this is the last time we see him in the big leagues with the Sox

Man, I'd be surprised by this.  Guy has 2 more seasons of options.  Trading him after a terrible rookie campaign would be silly, especially for a team that badly needs a LHH RF.   

The mistake was just writing his name into the 2023 lineup in sharpie coming out of ST and not making him earn it in AAA first. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Man, I'd be surprised by this.  Guy has 2 more seasons of options.  Trading him after a terrible rookie campaign would be silly, especially for a team that badly needs a LHH RF.   

The mistake was just writing his name into the 2023 lineup in sharpie coming out of ST and not making him earn it in AAA first. 

We do know that Pedro doesn't like Colas' "give 100%" attitude. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

I think they are sending a clear message that we will hold you accountable. We said that we want you to work on certain things and not continue to do x, y, and z and that is clearly not happening so they are sending a message. I can actually applaud it - its just hard because for year(s) they have not done this and they are clearly NOT consistent in how they have handled it.  

Probably goes into a lot of why they have failed across the board at everything - they don't set the right standard and don't hold people accountable to that standard. It seems to be ripe at all levels, whether its players off-season workout routines, or putting in the right work on the little things and building the right habits that compound into winning ways.  

Problem is they seem to only hold rookies or younger guys accountable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Snopek said:

Problem is they seem to only hold rookies or younger guys accountable. 

The players aren't dumb. They all know that they work for arguably the worst franchise in baseball. That cannot be good for players in the position of Colas. Colas' people are no doubt telling him that idiots are handling him and that the faster he gets out of Chicago the better. I'd assume most of the players in the org feel that way.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Colás has been bad, make no mistake.  But the Sox handling of him since Spring Training has been completely fucked.  Holding him accountable to standards they don’t hold others to, namely the washed up vets, or the highly paid poor performers, is infuriating.  There is more going on behind the scenes than we know, but looking at the dopes in charge of his development, is there any wonder why he has massively underperformed for someone rushed to the bigs and totally yanked around all year?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 3

49 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Still think it should be Corlas.  Maybe they’re having issues with agreeing on a pronunciation?   He thinks he’s compromising saying “ok fine call me cor-LAHSS” and Getz is like “na dude; it’s CORE-liss.”

Actually applaud the new GM here if that’s the case

Man what

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

To do what exactly? He's already learned all he can learn at AAA.

Well the big league teams and scouts have clearly figured out a few things about him.

Maybe they're thinking that those adjustments that opposing teams are making will trickle down to AAA, so it'll give him a chance to work on something he's been exploited for, all in an environment in which they know he can succeed?

Trying to put a "player development approach" hat on here....

9 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Well the big league teams and scouts have clearly figured out a few things about him.

Maybe they're thinking that those adjustments that opposing teams are making will trickle down to AAA, so it'll give him a chance to work on something he's been exploited for, all in an environment in which they know he can succeed?

Trying to put a "player development approach" hat on here....

The chance to work on things should be equal in both levels at this moment.  There are 12 games left in AAA and 18 in the bigs, it’s pretty dumb to send him down now unless it’s something none of us are aware of like a behavioral issue 

• Like 1