2023 Division Series

flavum

14 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They interviewed these clowns back in June, and recall at least a few stating they were in the Church of Satan, though I couldn’t find that particular video clip today.

https://www.thesisters.org/copy-of-grand-mother-vish-knew

Religious beliefs: Church of Satan.

The divil is a'comin' for ya!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I think this team is cursed when it comes to free agents. Both of those guys would probably end up playing like Sheets.

Nah, they refuse to get good free agents.

When they paid for the psychopath Belle he was very productive.  Problem is they pay for a good free agent only once every 15 plus years.  There was Fisk, then there was Belle, then …

2 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

When they paid for the psychopath Belle he was very productive.  Problem is they pay for a good free agent only once every 15 plus years.  There was Fisk, then there was Belle, then …

So what you're saying is that they are due? Terrific. I will remember October 13, 2023 as the day that FloydBannister1983 basically guaranteed the White Sox would be signing Ohtani in the offseason. I am sooo excited. Thanks!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

So what you're saying is that they are due? Terrific. I will remember October 13, 2023 as the day that FloydBannister1983 basically guaranteed the White Sox would be signing Ohtani in the offseason. I am sooo excited. Thanks!!!

Reinsdorf: "We're not signing pitchers to long-term, 10-year deals."

Ohtani: "I'm not pitching in 2024."

16 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

Not a fan of the city of Philadelphia or its fans, and Bryce Harper always seemed like a douchebag to me. Yet I’m somehow rooting for them and I don’t know why.

I know why I'm rooting for them: I bet on them to win the World Series at the beginning of the year lol

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wegner said:

He was always the right move to make, and our douchebags never even tried to sign him.

They knew they'd never be in the ballpark of what we got from Philly. The Sox are a top 5 most pathetic franchise in the MLB. The market is what it is for the best players and Reinsdorf simply doesnt even compete and stubbornly sticks to his guns. Couple that with inadequate resources on the farm and it's a recipe for disaster. Go D'backs. 

• Fire 1

Can anybody who watches postseason baseball fill me in? Have the teams that are successful been playing "modern baseball?" i.e. the lift and pull thing where you win if you hit more HRs than the foe? Has this been happening or is anybody playing old style ball? Running, singles gappers?

As far as pitching, are all the teams playing the 5 inning game for starters then turning to 4-5 relievers? I haven't watched anything except 2 innings of an Arizona game and I think all the D-backs hitters struck out during the stint I watched. Or most of 'em. It looked like the same ol modern boring ball. HRs are not that exciting folks. They are OK but again, let's change the rules and have four innings of HR derby to conclude games and 5 innings of actual ball.

I did notice in the 2 innings I've watched that the batters for the most part were staying in the box and the pitch clock seemed dandy. One guy did step out surprisingly and did the Konerko glove routine. Weird.

Edited by greg775

On 10/13/2023 at 8:52 AM, FloydBannister1983 said:

That's more after the fact. 

21 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Can anybody who watches postseason baseball fill me in? Have the teams that are successful been playing "modern baseball?" i.e. the lift and pull thing where you win if you hit more HRs than the foe? Has this been happening or is anybody playing old style ball? Running, singles gappers?

As far as pitching, are all the teams playing the 5 inning game for starters then turning to 4-5 relievers? I haven't watched anything except 2 innings of an Arizona game and I think all the D-backs hitters struck out during the stint I watched. Or most of 'em. It looked like the same ol modern boring ball. HRs are not that exciting folks. They are OK but again, let's change the rules and have four innings of HR derby to conclude games and 5 innings of actual ball.

I did notice in the 2 innings I've watched that the batters for the most part were staying in the box and the pitch clock seemed dandy. One guy did step out surprisingly and did the Konerko glove routine. Weird.

It's all about who is hot. That's it.  See Diamondbacks and Phillies.

On 10/14/2023 at 10:43 AM, greg775 said:

The Diamondbacks and Phillies advanced cause they hit homers. Hell the Dbacks hit 4 in one inning.

The Rangers and Astros advanced cause they hit homers.

Homers in playoffs = good cause it's hard to string hits together against good pitching. Three true outcomes approaches work well in the playoffs. Outside of the 2015 Royals very few teams single their way to a World Series.

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

The Diamondbacks and Phillies advanced cause they hit homers. Hell the Dbacks hit 4 in one inning.

The Rangers and Astros advanced cause they hit homers.

Homers in playoffs = good cause it's hard to string hits together against good pitching. Three true outcomes approaches work well in the playoffs. Outside of the 2015 Royals very few teams single their way to a World Series.

Thanks for the update on hitting in the playoffs. I truly am not following the baseball postseason. Baseball has pretty much lost my interest after decades of zealousness. Like my teachers used to say if you feel that way, rest assured somebody else does too, thus i suspect baseball is declining in interest postseason-wise and soon it'll be like pro soccer. Baseball has a lotta problems, folks. Of course one of the biggest problems is the joke called the White Sox.

p.s. what's going on with the pitching? Are starters making it through the fifth?

Edited by greg775
  • Fire 1