2023 League Championship Series

flavum

3 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Yeah - this plus being the architect of the only 21st Century baseball dynasty?  Pretty good.  Not, like, good-enough-for-Chicago White Sox-good but pretty damn good.

While I don’t think we can pin the last few years entirely on LaRussa, Bochy seemed like an obvious hire. Sigh.

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

While I don’t think we can pin the last few years entirely on LaRussa, Bochy seemed like an obvious hire. Sigh.

What a miserable franchise. Many of the guys we took a pass on for White Sox reasons are out there proving us wrong. Except some of the Padres guys I guess. So much "what could have been"... sigh.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Southwest Sider said:

What a miserable franchise. Many of the guys we took a pass on for White Sox reasons are out there proving us wrong. Except some of the Padres guys I guess. So much "what could have been"... sigh.

I doubt Bochy would have come out of retirement for the White Sox.
Chris Young has a relationship with him from his playing days and showed him the roadmap for their success...good farm system and SPENDING $$$$$$

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 1:20 AM, chw42 said:

This Rangers bullpen is gonna be that team's undoing. 

I really don't get pitching around Abreu that much. He didn't get a single fastball. 

Especially since abreu doesn't have the batspeed anymore to turn around 95+.

Really all he can do at this point is shooting the fastball the other way or turning on a hanging breaking ball.

I would throw him fastballs at the inner half all day (unless I threw less than 91 or so).

I feel Texas got a little lucky in both games and escaped some jams.

The rangers offense apart from that one first inning hasn't been all that good but Houston failed to capitalize on opportunities.

I wouldn't write Houston off at all, the longer the series goes the more the rangers lack of pitching will show up.

On the other hand of course that Texas offense is capable of putting on double digit runs if they break out and if it happens in one of the next 2 games Houston will be im trouble.

At this point the odds are probably like 65-35 in favor of Texas but there is a chance for the astros.

The other series I feel is over, I wouldn't give Arizona more than like a 5-10% chance to turn this around.

Really Philly is better at everything except for defense and maybe baserunning, Philly has better hitting, better SP and better RP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dominikk85 said:

Especially since abreu doesn't have the batspeed anymore to turn around 95+.

Really all he can do at this point is shooting the fastball the other way or turning on a hanging breaking ball.

I would throw him fastballs at the inner half all day (unless I threw less than 91 or so).

I feel Texas got a little lucky in both games and escaped some jams.

The rangers offense apart from that one first inning hasn't been all that good but Houston failed to capitalize on opportunities.

I wouldn't write Houston off at all, the longer the series goes the more the rangers lack of pitching will show up.

On the other hand of course that Texas offense is capable of putting on double digit runs if they break out and if it happens in one of the next 2 games Houston will be im trouble.

At this point the odds are probably like 65-35 in favor of Texas but there is a chance for the astros.

The other series I feel is over, I wouldn't give Arizona more than like a 5-10% chance to turn this around.

Really Philly is better at everything except for defense and maybe baserunning, Philly has better hitting, better SP and better RP.

I think the series will depend on how many good innings they can get from Scherzer. If he goes out there and pitches well for 4 or 5 innings today and they win, the series is theirs.

On 10/16/2023 at 6:24 PM, Southwest Sider said:

Harper, Castellanos, Schwarber HRs. Phil's really know how to pick free agents! Who would have thought the most talented free agents would produce and be worth their contracts leading a team to back to back LCS. 

They turn it up a notch in the post season.  They wouldn't do very well on bad teams.