2023 League Championship Series

flavum

21 minutes ago, chw42 said:

You could even argue that he refused to leave after getting ejected just to make Leclerc sit for longer.

He is so wise. And Bochy wasn't even the second best manager today. Joe Espada had everything under control, all the substitutions worked, Pressley pitched deep into his reserves but shut down the heart of the Rangers order.

The White Sox wanted to hire Joe Espada, but after he had seen the clown show of Hahn, Williams and Reinsdorf up close and in person during the interview process, took himself out of the running, returned to Houston and told Dusty Baker what transpired at 35th and Shields.

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

Jose 12 RBI this postseason. He's a winner, folks. Go Astros and Jose!

I don't care if (insert your preferred Deity here) was playing DH for Houston, I would not root for those fuckers.

I hate them more than the Nationwide Jingle

Edited by wegner
Never mind...went too far there.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

I don't care if (insert your preferred Deity here) was playing DH for Houston, I would not root for those fuckers.

Houston Astros Starting Lineup:

1. SS Christopher Walken
  2. CF David Bowie
  3. 3B Sean Connery
  4. 1B Jose Aberu
  5. LF Burt Reynolds
  6. 2B Chuck Norris
  7. DH Morgan Freeman
  8. C Charlie Murphy
  9. RF Jimi Hendrix

Rotation

1. J. R. Richard
  2. Robert Plant
  3. Dean Martin
  4. Frank Sinatra
  5. Sammy Davis Jr.

Bullpen

1. Charlie Sheen
  2. Joe Pesci
  3. James Caan
  4. Clint Eastwood
  5. Al Pacino
  6. Henry Rollins
  7. Townes Van Zandt
  8. Betty White
Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Houston Astros Starting Lineup:

1. SS Christopher Walken
  2. CF David Bowie
  3. 3B Sean Connery
  4. 1B Jose Aberu
  5. LF Burt Reynolds
  6. 2B Chuck Norris
  7. DH Morgan Freeman
  8. C Charlie Murphy
  9. RF Jimi Hendrix

Rotation

1. J. R. Richard
  2. Robert Plant
  3. Dean Martin
  4. Frank Sinatra
  5. Sammy Davis Jr.

Bullpen

1. Charlie Sheen
  2. Joe Pesci
  3. James Caan
  4. Clint Eastwood
  5. Al Pacino
  6. Henry Rollins
  7. Townes Van Zandt
  8. Betty White

Sorry, still got go with.....

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, wegner said:

I find it easy to root for them cause of Jose. Sox clearly thought he was washed up. He's had some really key hits and I think four homers in 9 games. Sox coulda paid Jose and got rid of TA and Moncada before this disastrous season to save $$.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

I find it easy to root for them cause of Jose. Sox clearly thought he was washed up. He's had some really key hits and I think four homers in 9 games.

Whether the Astros win or lose, Pito is the Rocky of the 21st Century and beloved by people throughout the world.

The Final Bell (Bill Conti). RIP Burt Young

Ladies and Gentlemen, your attention please.

Tonight, we've had the privilege of witnessing the greatest exhibition of baseball stamina in the history of the sport.

The Astros may have been the team caught cheating but that happened and they just went out and continued to dominate the AL afterward. You gotta respect that. We wish the Sox could hold the Astros jock at this point. Hate them all you want, and I wont try to change your mind, but at this point several years removed from the scandal its my opinion that  they are now the class of the AL and it's not even close. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Southwest Sider said:

The Astros may have been the team caught cheating but that happened and they just went out and continued to dominate the AL afterward. You gotta respect that. We wish the Sox could hold the Astros jock at this point. Hate them all you want, and I wont try to change your mind, but at this point several years removed from the scandal its my opinion that  they are now the class of the AL and it's not even close. 

I really have been wondering lately how popular this team would be if it wasn’t for that scandal. Aside from them “always being good”, is there anything else to hate about them? Hell, in 2017 there was a part where the Rangers refused to play games in a different park in the series right after Harvey hit, people might even be cheering against Texas for that if not for this scandal.