Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think the Cubs are a team that matches up well that isn’t discussed enough.  They have young starting pitching they can offer, along with a ridiculous number of hitting prospects.

I think the question though is just looking for teams that are probably close to max spending and just have a few needs.

With Cubs, they may come into play, but not until the board is more resolved.

But I guess I would say I think the NL central is more likely to trade for him than AL east 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think the question though is just looking for teams that are probably close to max spending and just have a few needs.

With Cubs, they may come into play, but not until the board is more resolved.

But I guess I would say I think the NL central is more likely to trade for him than AL east 

I have a feeling the O’s are one of those teams that may prospect hug a little too tightly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think the Cubs are a team that matches up well that isn’t discussed enough.  They have young starting pitching they can offer, along with a ridiculous number of hitting prospects.

If Getz' first big move as a GM is a trade with the Cubs, it has to be an immediate fleece or else Jerry might never let him live it down.

Especially if it's Cease.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I have a feeling the O’s are one of those teams that may prospect hug a little too tightly.

Agreed

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

The Cubs do match up well and have a deep farm system. Unknown what their level of interest in a reunion of sorts would be, and if they are willing to start dealing prospects at this stage. 

27 minutes ago, fathom said:

I never said it was a good trade.  It fits if they’re going to try and pretend to contend though.   Carlson absolutely sucks.  Would rather try O’Neill in RF in a lesser deal.

You don't think (or are hearing) we would do something like this.... right?

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic