Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

4 minutes ago, Sox72 said:

Just upset he can’t brow beat an entire message board into believing his opinions are gospel. 

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Seriously...when opposing teams are down and desperate....coming to their board to lord over yet another #1 farm system that they almost completely refuse to trade from isn't going to go over very well.

I think this dude is related to someone we are talking about. He's taking it so so personally that we have different opinions on another teams prospects it's hilarious. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Seriously...when opposing teams are down and desperate....coming to their board to lord over yet another #1 farm system that they almost completely refuse to trade from isn't going to go over very well.

I have said I would do a deal that most of you have said you would like to do.  Try reading and not generalizing.  It makes your points and posts better.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I am super confident what a ridiculous trade request is and I’m also super confident that a ridiculous trade offer hasn’t been offered or else the deal would be done.

Do you think Getz is turning down deals that where they are offered multiple top 35 prospects?

Are we approaching a deadline of some sort? What hasn’t happened to date is not a solid indicator of what’s “reasonable”

• Like 1

I have said I would do a deal that most of you have said you would like to do.  Try reading and not generalizing.  It makes your points and posts better.

I'll speak for him and everyone. But no one on here wants your advice on how to post better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, SkokieSox said:

Are we approaching a deadline of some sort? What hasn’t happened to date is not a solid indicator of what’s “reasonable”

Yes it is…when the consistent thing you are hearing is that teams feel Getz is asking for too much and a trade that they have been talking to teams about since July still hasn’t happened, that tells you what you need to know.

If he was only talking to the Os, you would be right..but hes not. We know (or at least if the rumor was true) what he asked for from Cinci and clearly that was greeted with a no. We know he asked for Holliday in July, that was greeted with a no. 

So yea, we have that idea.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Baron said:

I'll speak for him and everyone. But no one on here wants your advice on how to post better. 

That’s fine..it’s not advice I care to give.  However, if you are going to misrepresent what I’m saying, I’m going to say something.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sports Guy said:

That’s fine..it’s not advice I care to give.  However, if you are going to misrepresent what I’m saying, it’s not going to go unnoticed by me.

I'll just say this. Your passive aggressive BS is going to be very short lived on here. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes it is…when the consistent thing you are hearing is that teams feel Getz is asking for too much and a trade that they have been talking to teams about since July still hasn’t happened, that tells you what you need to know.

If he was only talking to the Os, you would be right..but hes not. We know (or at least if the rumor was true) what he asked for from Cinci and clearly that was greeted with a no. We know he asked for Holliday in July, that was greeted with a no. 

Getz wasn’t the GM in July. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Qualifying as reasonable is a subjective measurement. You have your view, cool. The league hasn’t met Getz’s asking price to date. But it doesn’t sound like Getz is done talking with other teams, who are well aware of the ask. If he ends up keeping him, that’s the choice. Nothing about that is unreasonable.

Just now, SkokieSox said:

Qualifying as reasonable is a subjective measurement. You have your view, cool. The league hasn’t met Getz’s asking price to date. But it doesn’t sound like Getz is done talking with other teams, who are well aware of the ask. If he ends up keeping him, that’s the choice. Nothing about that is unreasonable.

I can’t state this enough, the best Sox insider has said all along the plan was to deal him AFTER Snell and Montgomery go elsewhere.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I can’t state this enough, the best Sox insider has said all along the plan was to deal him AFTER Snell and Montgomery go elsewhere.

and today was a perfect picture of why being patient was the right move. Teams are overpaying massively for pitchers that have barely pitched in the past year or two. Cease's games pitched over the past two years is a huge asset. The market for pitching is horrendous. 

Edited by Baron
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SkokieSox said:

I want to be clear..Getz is doing what he should be doing. This is how these things work. Trading team asking for too much…teams trading for player are offering too little.  Eventually some team is able to come to an agreement.

Getz is doing his job and as of now, he’s doing it properly and well.

Elias and other GMs are doing the same.

But an unreasonable trade, such as Mayo and Cowser (which is where this started) has zippy chance of happening and if it did, it would be done by now. I don’t see how anyone can possibly disagree with that.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sure..but a high end offer would cause them to make a move now. 

Getz isn’t just sitting around doing nothing with Cease until those guys sign.

I want to be clear..Getz is doing what he should be doing. This is how these things work. Trading team asking for too much…teams trading for player are offering too little.  Eventually some team is able to come to an agreement.

But an unreasonable trade, such as Mayo and Cowser (which is where this started) has zippy chance of happening and if it did, it would be done by now. I don’t see how anyone can possibly disagree with that.

I don’t get why anyone would take it so personally when another fan base, on their team board, wants their GM to get a huge return.  Trading Cease is the Sox Super Bowl for the upcoming season.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Likelihood and what’s reasonable are not the same thing  

6 minutes ago, Baron said:

How the hell did he miss that one lol

I didn’t but it also doesn’t change my point. Getz was likely involved in those talks and while he may have different ideas than what Hahn wanted, the conversations still happened and the negotiations were still there and no question Getz was either involved or knew what was being said.

• TLR 1
  • Paper Bag 1

I didn’t but it also doesn’t change my point. Getz was likely involved in those talks and while he may have different ideas than what Hahn wanted, the conversations still happened and the negotiations were still there and no question Getz was either involved or knew what was being said.

Getz’s focus on players has been significantly different than his predecessor.

• Thanks 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic