Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

9 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Yes it is. Westburg is valuable. People are underrating him because he's graduated from prospect lists 

Is he Marcus Semien?  Is he a high impact player on a championship team?  I don't think he is.  He's a good player.  Solid avg but I don't think that's the type of player they should be targeting in this trade.  They need to get two high ceiling/high impact players they can build around and I don't think Westberg is that type of player.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

That’s not even an unreasonable ask. 

Yes it is.

Well, let me rephrase..it’s not an unreasonable ask but it’s a completely unreasonable expectation.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • TLR 3

I hope our scouts are savvy enough to be ahead of the curve on this and aren't wed to top 50/100 lists.  Prospects rise and fall; heck the Dodgers just swapped a top 50 guy for an unranked prospect, in a deal that is considered fair.
It gives a lot more leeway on making a deal; and we don't want yesterday's top 100.  

26 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Asking for 2 top 100 prospects for Cease is unreasonable now? If this is where we are at just keep him.

No but I think asking for two top 75 types is a bit unrealistic and that's what this would be. 

19 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Where's the LHS in the deal then, Jimmy?

I would target Dylan Beavers, personally. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes it is.

Well, let me rephrase..it’s not an unreasonable ask but it’s a completely unreasonable expectation.

Agreed. I'd kind of lump Basallo, Mayo, Kjerstad, Cowser and Westburg together. I'm sure some of these guys aren't available but the White Sox definitely aren't getting two of these guys. 

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

If the headliner is Westburg then no it's not "a good one". LHS is priority one. 

If he has put Cowser/Kjerstad and Ortiz/Norby on the table that is a good offer and perhaps the reports earlier are true that we are just haggling over the third piece.

If BAL really does have a "good" offer on the table, this will pressure NYY to really make a "very good" offer....Cashman is on the hot seat.

What’s wrong with Westburg? 

6 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

No but I think asking for two top 75 types is a bit unrealistic and that's what this would be. 

I would target Dylan Beavers, personally. 

Jimmy I know you mentioned Horvath also recently. 

I'm warming more and more to a quantity package here. I read Horvath has a good bat and is projected to have a very good glove and has played both 2B and 3B. 

Instead of getting the IFer as the first or second piece and blowing alot of the value that way, maybe we just get a quantity package, and you get Beavers, Horvath, Povich, Bradfield, McDermott and maybe another piece. 

13 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Jimmy I know you mentioned Horvath also recently. 

I'm warming more and more to a quantity package here. I read Horvath has a good bat and is projected to have a very good glove and has played both 2B and 3B. 

Instead of getting the IFer as the first or second piece and blowing alot of the value that way, maybe we just get a quantity package, and you get Beavers, Horvath, Povich, Bradfield, McDermott and maybe another piece. 

The issue I have in general with Baltimore is that I think Kjerstad ends up at first base pretty soon, Ortiz doesn't interest me at all, Norby might be left field only and Cowser's primary value is as a centerfielder. I've been searching for upside in that system. 

9 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I think it's 25 homer potential and OBP skills at 2B. If Fangraphs said otherwise though, it must be true. 

I get the sense you must have heard it's Westburg, Beavers and something else.

I sure hope the something else is two other really good pieces.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

1. Fangraphs has him at 40 hit and 40 glove.

2. He's right handed. 

Fangraphs blows! 40 hit? LOL 😂 

he was a top rated prospects before he cleared those rankings. Had 27 homers and more than 100 RBIs in 2022 between AA/AAA with a .870 OPS. Last year he had 18 homeruns and a .939 OPS  before being called up, he’s ,370 OBP in the minors. M bettong he puts up an OBP of .350ish with an .815+OPS and 20-25 homeruns this season, 

34 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

How? 2 top 100 prospects for Cease in this market is not a completely unreasonable expectation at all. 

Ortiz is a top 100 guy..so is Mayo. The comp ends there.

What you are really saying is that 2 top 50 guys is reasonable and there is absolutely no indication that is even within the realm of being reasonable.

Cowser/Kjerstad are top 35 guys and Westburg isn’t far off, if not the same or higher in terms of value.

So yes, it’s unreasonable to expect that.

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I get the sense you must have heard it's Westburg, Beavers and something else.

I sure hope the something else is two other really good pieces.

I haven't heard anything, actually. No idea on my end. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic