Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

A save is also when a pitcher comes into the game and the on deck hitter represents the tying or go ahead run. It doesn’t have to be a 3 run lead for that to be the case. It can be a 4 run lead.

If I had said that, you would be right it would be moronic. But since I didn’t say that, the only moron is yourself for a) not knowing all the rules and b) not comprehending and reading things my 6 y/o can understand.

That's not what I referred to as moronic in my post. This is: "Straight up moronic to say a guy who pitches the 9th isn’t a high leverage pitcher and can’t pitch any other high leverage spot." Talk about not comprehending or understanding lmao another L for O's Hangout!

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

A save is also when a pitcher comes into the game and the on deck hitter represents the tying or go ahead run. It doesn’t have to be a 3 run lead for that to be the case. It can be a 4 run lead.

If I had said that, you would be right it would be moronic. But since I didn’t say that, the only moron is yourself for a) not knowing all the rules and b) not comprehending and reading things my 6 y/o can understand.

Yes, because you were planning on saving Michael Kopech for situations that happen maybe once in a season, so that is why everyone should have known you were talking about obscure corners of a rule, and not the part that happens 99.9% of the time.

Please show me how many 4 and greater run saves were gotten last year to prove that it actually worth pretending it is valid or GTFOH with this waste of space.

• Like 2
  • Fire 3

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Yes, because you were planning on saving Michael Kopech for situations that happen maybe once in a season, so that is why everyone should have known you were talking about obscure corners of a rule, and not the part that happens 99.9% of the time.

Please show me how many 4 and greater run saves were gotten last year to prove that it actually worth pretending it is valid or GTFOH with this waste of space.

I think you are completely misinterpreting my post.  I don’t feel there’s really anything else to say that wasn’t clearly said before.

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

That's not what I referred to as moronic in my post. This is: "Straight up moronic to say a guy who pitches the 9th isn’t a high leverage pitcher and can’t pitch any other high leverage spot." Talk about not comprehending or understanding lmao another L for O's Hangout!

Just say you were wrong and move on.  

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

This isn't you?Screenshot_20240115_162342_Chrome.jpg

Yep..and the point was that closers are often not in high leverage situations and a save that is 3 runs or more isn’t high leverage.

The or more part is largely irrelevant but it’s still the case. It’s not my fault there are members of this site who don’t know basic MlB rules that decided to focus on that. 

• Haha 2
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yep..and the point was that closers are often not in high leverage situations and a save that is 3 runs or more isn’t high leverage.

The or more part is largely irrelevant but it’s still the case. It’s not my fault there are members of this site who don’t know basic MlB rules that decided to focus on that. 

So, how many 4 run saves were there last year?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

What does Men In Black have to do with this?

• Haha 3

Just now, Pale Sox said:

I wish I could have my memory wiped after reading through this. 

It’s the worst thread I can remember.  The ironic thing is I’ve never seen a thread where more Sox fans have teamed together.

• Like 3

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic