2024 BA Top 100 Prospects

BA released their pre-season list today.  Only two White Sox made the list in Montgomery (#15) & Schultz (#40).  Nastrini & Ramos were included on the “Next 15” list, which is nice to see although I had hoped Ramos made the cut.

Quero has slipped from roughly 70th on their 2023 mid-season list to somewhere beyond the top 115.  He did receive some votes but not enough to make the cut.  Eder and Jacob Gonzalez also received top 100 votes.  Looks like Haber may have taken a position over at BA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MLB.com did a big survey last week, and it was glaring with regards to the lack of elite talent in the system.  There were a lot of categories, and I think only Schultz’s slider and Leasure’s fastball got a vote for “best of” pitch.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

How tf did Eder and Gonzalez receive votes. Schultz i'm guessing just barely edged out Joey Ortiz?

Eder's age is going to stop him from getting a ton of prospect attention at this point, but I just think he's going to have a big 2024. He was on the verge of being a big time prospect before the injury, and even was considered a top 10 LHP prospect in the game by multiple outlets as recently as the trade.  Obviously the SSS with the Sox was  terrible, but it was just that, and honestly to be expected coming off TJS.  I think its fine to pretty much move past the 2023 performance. I still think that's a trade the Sox ultimately will do OK on when all things are said and done. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Eder's age is going to stop him from getting a ton of prospect attention at this point, but I just think he's going to have a big 2024. He was on the verge of being a big time prospect before the injury, and even was considered a top 10 LHP prospect in the game by multiple outlets as recently as the trade.  Obviously the SSS with the Sox was  terrible, but it was just that, and honestly to be expected coming off TJS.  I think its fine to pretty much move past the 2023 performance. I still think that's a trade the Sox ultimately will do OK on when all things are said and done. 

I like Eder a lot. Just surprised he got any votes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

His OPS dropped from .965 in 2022 to .731 in 2023.

He was also a 20 year old in AA, playing against competition more than 3.5 years older that himself. The Angels did him no favors by rushing him to AA because that's what they do.

4 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

He was also a 20 year old in AA, playing against competition more than 3.5 years older that himself. The Angels did him no favors by rushing him to AA because that's what they do.

I hope he doesn’t go higher than AAA this year, no matter how well he does. Let the kid play. Don’t rush him.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

26 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I hope he doesn’t go higher than AAA this year, no matter how well he does. Let the kid play. Don’t rush him.

I don't think it'd be unreasonable to have him begin the year in Birmingham. There's no rush for him to come up, so let him go back to AA and progress before sending him to Charlotte. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

White Sox prospects don't sell copies of BA lol.

You have to be Witt Jr. these days coming out of the AL Central.

Somewhat joking, but hopefully Montgomery can break through/stay healthy...because it feels like Sox players are being penalized just by being negatively associated with the team name at this point.