Sox Quote of the Day 4/12...

Lip Man 1

“Like most people, you’d like to win ball games, so it’s disappointing when we don’t get wins, but from a big-picture standpoint I want to feel like we’re on the right track.” -- Chris Getz. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

“Like most people, you’d like to win ball games, so it’s disappointing when we don’t get wins, but from a big-picture standpoint I want to feel like we’re on the right track.” -- Chris Getz. 😆

This guy and Grifol are both delusional.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

9 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

So what exactly is the big picture Chris? If things continue to slide downhill, our legacy wont be the Black Sox scandel it will be the 121 loss 2024 season. Nice going

This is my favorite Getz quote...." It's really about staying the course", "This isn't something that was going to be turned around Overnight"

Compared to JR's quotes at Getz introductory news conference......Reinsdorf, 87, made it clear he doesn’t want to go through another major overhaul after the most recent rebuild came up short. The team has a foundation in place, he said, adding: “We’re not going to take the guys that we have now and clean out and start over again.”

Reinsdorf said he put together a list of internal and external candidates to run the baseball operation. He said he was impressed with the way minor leaguers were taught to play under Getz’s direction and believed the fastest path to a turnaround was by promoting from within. An external candidate would have needed a year to evaluate the organization.

Right Jerry, and you think Sox fans are stupid enough to believe your B.S.

• Like 1

For those who get the Tribune:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/2024/04/12/chicago-white-sox-chris-getz-2/

And I have heard that Chris Boden from WGN-TV asked Getz yesterday how this awful starts jibes with JR saying Getz was hired to turn this situation around quickly because he didn't want to waste a year. I never did hear how he answered that question, if anyone out there did, I'd be curious how Getz responded.  

50 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

And I have heard that Chris Boden from WGN-TV asked Getz yesterday how this awful starts jibes with JR saying Getz was hired to turn this situation around quickly because he didn't want to waste a year. I never did hear how he answered that question, if anyone out there did, I'd be curious how Getz responded.  

If you read between the lines, instead of just on the surface,  Getz is doing exactly what Jerry said he would.  He talked about getting better ASAP, but you miss the 2nd part where he immediately couches that in the vein of organizational evaluation.  Like the moves or not, Getz has made a ton of small moves with guys down the ladder in this organization based solely what he knows about them in his former job in charge of MiLB development.  Look at the list of MiLB players we have dumped already something like 6 months into his tenture as GM.  He's not talking about outside talent, he is talking about inside talent if you look at his full quote.  Leaving off the 2nd half takes it out of context.  Jerry never said Getz was going to turn this around quickly.  Jerry said Getz would evaluate the internal talent quickly in an effort to get better as fast as possible.

https://theathletic.com/4824274/2023/08/31/white-sox-jerry-reinsdorf-chris-getz-gm/

image.png

• Like 1

Getz will say the politically correct things because he has no other choice. But he will find out, if he hasn't already, that no one is buying any of it. Money needed to be spent, but it wasn't because JR cares only about a new stadium. This is outright embarrassing. For the first time in franchise history, the White Sox will lose 100 or more games in two straight seasons. How long can the FO stay in denial?

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

If you read between the lines, instead of just on the surface,  Getz is doing exactly what Jerry said he would.  He talked about getting better ASAP, but you miss the 2nd part where he immediately couches that in the vein of organizational evaluation.  Like the moves or not, Getz has made a ton of small moves with guys down the ladder in this organization based solely what he knows about them in his former job in charge of MiLB development.  Look at the list of MiLB players we have dumped already something like 6 months into his tenture as GM.  He's not talking about outside talent, he is talking about inside talent if you look at his full quote.  Leaving off the 2nd half takes it out of context.  Jerry never said Getz was going to turn this around quickly.  Jerry said Getz would evaluate the internal talent quickly in an effort to get better as fast as possible.

https://theathletic.com/4824274/2023/08/31/white-sox-jerry-reinsdorf-chris-getz-gm/

image.png

Jerry could have spent some dough and brought in two plus regulars instead of asking for a new ballpark. It's a bad look. 

39 minutes ago, pcq said:

Jerry could have spent some dough and brought in two plus regulars instead of asking for a new ballpark. It's a bad look. 

2 regulars wouldn't have done s%*# for this team.  We could have spent a billion on Ohtani and Yamamoto and this still would have been a god awful team.

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'd rather not read anything Paul Sullivan writes.

20 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

May be on the right track, but definitely headed in the wrong direction. Going South and another 100 Ls coming our way.

18 hours ago, Highland said:

Getz will say the politically correct things because he has no other choice. But he will find out, if he hasn't already, that no one is buying any of it. Money needed to be spent, but it wasn't because JR cares only about a new stadium. This is outright embarrassing. For the first time in franchise history, the White Sox will lose 100 or more games in two straight seasons. How long can the FO stay in denial?

When you think about it, it’s perfect that they’re asking for a new stadium during this train wreck of a season. It should be the easiest “no” for the politicians. JR has to have almost zero leverage.

17 hours ago, pcq said:

If it weren't for Chris and Pedo you could not have teams like the O's and Dodgers. 

What do you know?