Pham up, Pillar out

WestEddy

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hahn didn’t trade a top 10 prospect for a 26 year tweener OF who they just demoted.  Hahn didn’t trade for a 26 year LH reliever who required a 40 man roster spot only to DFA him two months later.  And while Hann did sign plenty of shitty vets in his time, he didn’t sign these shitty vets.   There is plenty to blame Hahn for, but Getz is also failing in real time. 

I'm not impressed with Getz' moves thusfar.  But he hasn't done any  long-term damage. And making this major league team worse this season isn't that big of a deal, because it was a 55-60 win team to begin with.

Hahn, on the other hand, inherited a team that was in the race the whole way and won 85+ games and immediately turned it into a 65ish win outfit.   

He then made a series of moves that did major long-term damage.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Would you prefer “homer” instead?

I root for a baseball team. I don't feel compelled to pretend to be "subjective" by screaming about every single innocuous move, some of which, actually make sense. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I'm not impressed with Getz' moves thusfar.  But he hasn't done any  long-term damage. And making this major league team worse this season isn't that big of a deal, because it was a 55-60 win team to begin with.

Hahn, on the other hand, inherited a team that was in the race the whole way and won 85+ games and immediately turned it into a 65ish win outfit.   

Yeah, I'm here. I would like any of Getz's moves to pop. But so far, beyond the Cease trade, and to a much lesser extent, Mena for Fletch, none of it moves the needle. 

5 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Yeah, I'm here. I would like any of Getz's moves to pop. But so far, beyond the Cease trade, and to a much lesser extent, Mena for Fletch, none of it moves the needle. 

I think Getz' worst move was keeping this moron manger around.  A quality manager who knows the game could help Getz in a number of ways.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I think Getz' worst move was keeping this moron manger around.  A quality manager who knows the game could help Getz in a number of ways.

Yep...like stop using Maldonado...he's toast.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

I will go out on a limb and say that Thorpe is going to be a star. I've watched all the footage I can find on him and his ability to miss bats while throwing 91 is the most intriguing thing I've seen out of a prospect in a long time. Odds are that he's a 4 or a 5, but I think his change is so devastating that it won't matter.

So a 4 or a 5 is a star in your mind? What?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

How many of the members of that 2012 Sox team went on to great success elsewhere?

Obviously you had Sale and Q...but who else actually turned out to be good?

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Holy f***, are you actually Chris Getz?  This is literally one of the most insane posts I have seen on this board in my 20+ years posting here.

I don’t even think Chris Getz himself would hype up his own garbage offseason acquisitions this much.  Even he has some shame in the matter.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I don’t even think Chris Getz himself would hype up his own garbage offseason acquisitions this much.  Even he has some shame in the matter.

You guys have ODed on the Kool-Aid so badly, that you think somebody not having a rage tantrum over this team is "hyping" this team. LOL. 

28 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Was Kyle Hendricks a star with the Cubs?

Solid big leaguer.

Somewhere between him and Maddux.

That's a huge range range of outcomes.

#4-5 on these White Sox means he's

out of the game before he qualifies for a pension.

18 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

You guys have ODed on the Kool-Aid so badly, that you think somebody not having a rage tantrum over this team is "hyping" this team. LOL. 

You literally listed out a bunch of DFA candidates and said that they are “very important” to the Sox future.  Your list included a bunch of players that Getz dumpster dove for on the cheap after no other team was interested in them.  You apparently think these same bums are going to return some talent worth a damn.  Spoiler alert — they won’t.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • TLR 1

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You literally listed out a bunch of DFA candidates and said that they are “very important” to the Sox future.  Your list included a bunch of players that Getz dumpster dove for on the cheap after no other team was interested in them.  You apparently think these same bums are going to return some talent worth a damn.  Spoiler alert — they won’t.

Oh, now it's "on the cheap!!" says the guy whining about paying Pillar $1 million for the year. LOL. 

But anyway, yes, the guys they signed to fix and flip, they're important to continue seeing if they can fix, then flip them. I'm not sure why that makes you cry. It's an opinion. It's okay for other people to have them, Really. 

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

I root for a baseball team. I don't feel compelled to pretend to be "subjective" by screaming about every single innocuous move, some of which, actually make sense. 

Should have just stopped there.

I'm not sure what you find "insane" about getting the guys you acquired to train up and flip actual playing time so you can, you know, get them working on improvements, then trade them. 

I find it insane you think the “returns” we will get for Soroka, Flexen, Keller, & Leone will make any sort of meaningful difference to our future.  Right now, the odds of us getting even a C tier prospect for any of them is low.  Hell, one of them isn’t even on the major league roster and two of the others are potential DFA candidates before the trade deadline comes along.  These guys are simply fodder to buy time until the actual prospects are ready and nothing more.

• Like 3

And you must be tripping balls to think Brad fucking Keller is an important part of our team’s future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Oh, now it's "on the cheap!!" says the guy whining about paying Pillar $1 million for the year. LOL. 

But anyway, yes, the guys they signed to fix and flip, they're important to continue seeing if they can fix, then flip them. I'm not sure why that makes you cry. It's an opinion. It's okay for other people to have them, Really. 

When did I whine about any of this?  I laughed about the Sox screwing Pillar out of a couple million.  I have always said that all of these small crappy signings on their own aren’t pricey but they add up to about $15 to $20 million for a bunch of garbage players that are DFA candidates by midseason or earlier.  You seem to love to re-write history.  Meanwhile, you loved Getz’s offseason of signing these absolute bums.  Let’s see what these scrubs get the Sox at the trade deadline.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And you must be tripping balls to think Brad fucking Keller is an important part of our team’s future.

WestEddy has been hyping up Brad Keller for weeks.  It’s embarrassing.  Keller’s WHIP and K/9 tells the entire story of who he is.

WestEddy is in too deep but won’t admit he is ever wrong.  WestEddy thinks that players that can maintain a .750 OPS are “stars”.  Yes, these are his own words.  He is living in his own archaic era of baseball.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Maybe I wrote it poorly. I thought it was pretty obvious I was saying I think he's going to be a star, but due to his velocity, it's safer to predict he'll be a 4 or 5. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Fletcher for Mena is already a horrid trade. Was the day it was made. Fletcher seems to be more AAAA fodder like Sosa. 

Would be nice if people ever let trades marinate for a while. If it turns out its a minor leaguer for a  minor leaguer  it just makes the trade a push. But as of right now we have no idea how Mena's or Fletcher's career will go.

• Thanks 2