Ramos getting called up

28 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Wonder why he got off to such a bad start a Bham.  Makes no difference now.  

He's been good since the day he joined the organization. May have had an injury too minor to sit out with.

Maybe just a bad streak. People go back to what they are over the long run. But don't mind me. I've been

on The Bryan Ramos Train for 3+ years.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

If you heard his post game interview earlier in the week, I think he is going to stick around for a while. 

Unfortunately, I think he will be gone soon.

When Moncada comes back, there's nowhere for him to play. He hasn't played anything other than 3B since 2021 from what I can see and there's no point in having him up and not playing.

5 minutes ago, T R U said:

When Moncada comes back, there's nowhere for him to play. He hasn't played anything other than 3B since 2021 from what I can see and there's no point in having him up and not playing.

Moncada at 1B, 2B and RF, if need be, already seems to be in the air. Moncada at 1B might be the most realistic development. And I seem to remember somebody saying in ST, here, that Getz is very interested in collecting extra draft choices, particularly for the top 3 ROY voting. 

• TLR 1

3 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Moncada at 1B, 2B and RF, if need be, already seems to be in the air. Moncada at 1B might be the most realistic development. And I seem to remember somebody saying in ST, here, that Getz is very interested in collecting extra draft choices, particularly for the top 3 ROY voting. 

Im not going to pretend to know what happens outside of my field of view but I would be pretty shocked to see Moncada at 1B or RF as far as I know hes never even taken a rep there. He hasn't played 2B since 2018, which doesn't mean he couldn't, but again it seems ridiculous that this would just happen now.

I still think Moncada has a chance to be traded for something as well. If you're going to decline his option you are going to pay him anyways so pay him now and see if you can get something for him. That would require him getting back and performing and sticking him at positions hes never played before doesn't seem to support that.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, T R U said:

Last I checked the timeline on Moncada was 3-6 months. If he comes back at the earliest portion that would line up with early-mid July. In my eyes Ramos has 2 months to stake his claim to third base. Ramos has played second in the past and received solid reviews defensively there, so they could try him out there if they had the urge to do so in a lost season. 

Edited by Sleepy Harold
spelling is hard sometimes
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Last I checked the timeline on Moncada was 3-6 months. If he comes back at the earliest portion that would line up with early-min July. In my eyes Ramos has 2 months to stake his claim to third base. Ramos has played second in the past and received solid reviews defensively there, so they could try him out there if they had the urge to do so in a lost season. 

Maybe im confusing Moncada with Robert then, I thought he was due back at some point by the end of the month.

9 minutes ago, T R U said:

Maybe im confusing Moncada with Robert then, I thought he was due back at some point by the end of the month.

Robert should be back by middle of June. Moncada should be back by middle of July or maybe late July. No rush for Ramos right now he has at least 50 games ahead of him at 3B before a decision needs to be made. Ideally Moncada would get hot as the DH/3B and then be traded for anything.

17 hours ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

This whole thread can go to @freezingcoldtakes 

God forbid those of us who like Ramos are fearful that an organization with a history of rushing and destroying prospects are possibly rushing a prospect by having him jump from AA to MLB because Chris Getz is a panicky little s%*#.

He's hitting right now. This is good. Hopefully he keeps hitting.

• Hawk 1
  • TLR 1

Every time he comes to bat I think it’s Eloy because of the red gloves and I wonder “why is his stance all weird” before I realize it’s Ramos lol

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

God forbid those of us who like Ramos are fearful that an organization with a history of rushing and destroying prospects are possibly rushing a prospect by having him jump from AA to MLB because Chris Getz is a panicky little s%*#.

He's clearly ready. Mentally you can tell he believes he belongs and he has the raw talent to make it hold up. I'm sure he'll get into a slump but for now I think we can put any talk of being "rushed" aside.

10 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Every time he comes to bat I think it’s Eloy because of the red gloves and I wonder “why is his stance all weird” before I realize it’s Ramos lol

It's so weird that Eloy wearing red gloves has spread to the entire team.

• TLR 1

10 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's clearly ready. Mentally you can tell he believes he belongs and he has the raw talent to make it hold up. I'm sure he'll get into a slump but for now I think we can put any talk of being "rushed" aside.

I'm 100% here for him continuing to succeed.

But the Getz stans making this face with Ramos succeeding as Soroka gets lit up, Lopez grounds out, Maldonado struggles to hit .100, Brad Keller exists, and the team fails to reach .300 feels incredibly thin.

1462381811-akth56wl.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

20 minutes ago, Quin said:

God forbid people make light of a message board uprising.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Last I checked the timeline on Moncada was 3-6 months. If he comes back at the earliest portion that would line up with early-min July. In my eyes Ramos has 2 months to stake his claim to third base. Ramos has played second in the past and received solid reviews defensively there, so they could try him out there if they had the urge to do so in a lost season. 

I think you're going to have to tell teams: we'll eat the cost of the buyout for 2025, and we are willing to pay down half of whatever is remaining when he comes back and take back the best offer you can get with those parameters. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

YARN | Top of my list. Clean-cut, good face. | Moneyball (2011) | Video  clips by quotes | dc3528b9 | 紗

Moncada had years to cement himself as the 3B.  He didn't hit enough the last 4 years to guarantee his spot when he returns from injury in his final year with the team.  I have no issue with playing him at 2B, 1B, RF or just dumping him. 

I don't hate him as much as some people here (I like him more than Eloy, who I think is beyond worthless) but when he gets back on the team, there's no reason you need to give him his spot back.  

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Quin said:

Vive la Résistance Contre le Règne de Chris Getz

Hey soxtalk, do you think Chris Getz would’ve collaborated with the Germans? His hair is a little too blond for my liking. Untrustworthy. 

Edited by nrockway
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Moncada had years to cement himself as the 3B.  He didn't hit enough the last 4 years to guarantee his spot when he returns from injury in his final year with the team.  I have no issue with playing him at 2B, 1B, RF or just dumping him. 

I don't hate him as much as some people here (I like him more than Eloy, who I think is beyond worthless) but when he gets back on the team, there's no reason you need to give him his spot back.  

Some people still hate him from the time he said he puts ketchup on his hotdogs.  His play on the field is waaaaay under that for them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, soulfly said:

Some people still hate him from the time he said he puts ketchup on his hotdogs.  His play on the field is waaaaay under that for them. 

My dad was talking to me about Ramos' english being really good and I told him about the Sox program for LatAm prospects to learn the language (which is actually really, really good thing that the org does and was started by Getz!).

He all of a sudden criticized Moncada for...skipping classes? And I had to remind him that Moncada wouldn't have been attending English class at the Dominican or Arizona complexes since he never played there for the Sox.

• Like 2