5/6: Sox @ Rays 5:50 CDT: Clevinger day?

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Benintendi with a .106 OPS against LHP

Platoon him with Grossman when Robert is back. 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, fathom said:

They acquired him to increase fan interest.  Don’t forget they leaked they were interested in him two offseasons ago after the Clevinger accusations came out.

This makes zero sense though.  Lopez had one good season with the bat in 2021, that is all.  Only the Sox would be stupid enough to view Lopez as a starter.  It’s embarrassing.

And does he truly move the needle at all on the fan base, just because he is from Naperville?  You have to still be a good player for fans to care about you, which Lopez is not.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 3

4 runs in 2 innings on 54 pitches. 4 walks, 0 strikeouts. Terrific work, Clev. Maybe 5 days from now he can lower his ERA to a single digit. That would be something. Or he gets cut, that would be fine too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

This makes zero sense though.  Lopez had one good season with the bat in 2021, that is all.  Only the Sox would be stupid enough to view Lopez as a starter.  It’s embarrassing.

And does he truly move the needle at all on the fan base, just because he is from Naperville?  You have to still be a good player for fans to care about you, which Lopez is not.

jerry really needed to pin down the Naperville Central market. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

How is that not a balk? I don't get it.

I didn't see it but a balk can be called with no runners on base.   Rule 6.02(a)(5) Comment: A quick pitch is an illegal pitch. Umpires will judge a quick pitch as one delivered before the batter is reasonably set in the batter's box. With runners on base the penalty is a balk; with no runners on base, it is a ball.

• Like 2

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

"fights off that sweeper"

it was hanging belt high down the middle john.

he also just said having Lopez-Grossman 9-1 in the lineup is "like having 2 leadoff hitters" I had to rewind it to make sure I heard him correct. I would say even combined they are like .5 leadoff hitters.

• Haha 2

Just now, A-Train to 35th said:

I didn't see it but a balk can be called with no runners on base.   Rule 6.02(a)(5) Comment: A quick pitch is an illegal pitch. Umpires will judge a quick pitch as one delivered before the batter is reasonably set in the batter's box. With runners on base the penalty is a balk; with no runners on base, it is a ball.

I didn't feel like arguing with him so I just let it go. Whatever Clevenger was doing has been deemed legal so yea.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ScootsMcGoots said:

Vaughn needs to start looking on indeed and get on LinkedIn. His days are numbered.

He can be a “before” picture for hair transplants

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I know they say a leadoff single/walk scores about 50% of the time. We got 4 outs and still couldn't move him past 2nd

I googled it 1st and 2nd no outs Expected runs: 1.50706

• Like 1