2 hours ago2 hr 1 hour ago, HeGetzUs said:Soooo why not let Fedde go in game 1? Really gonna trust Sandlin in the playoff opener….eekI'm good with it like this. Basically its the what have you done for me lately 2 best pitchers. Sandlin and Burke both pitch great in their last start.Maybe a blister problem or I heard something about DMart's calf the other day. Feel like he's held together by duct tape these days. His last outing did nothing to convince me otherwise. They're mostly hoping Sandlin can go 6 have the lead when he comes out and pitch you best RP's to get a win in game one. It's a tall order but nothing comes easy if you want to advance.
2 hours ago2 hr The White Sox have not named a starter. If I was to put money down I would bet a lot that Sandlin does not start.......he may pitch in the bulk but it will be a opener.
2 hours ago2 hr Author biggest question, who starts the gamethread? do we have stats on who won the most?
2 hours ago2 hr 3 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:biggest question, who starts the gamethread? do we have stats on who won the most?AI can tell us
2 hours ago2 hr 6 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:biggest question, who starts the gamethread? do we have stats on who won the most?Whoever started it yesterday.Edit: oh f***. It's @ron883 Edited 2 hours ago2 hr by Bob Sacamano
2 hours ago2 hr 23 minutes ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:Caulfield is posting AI Slop Fake NewsBullpen game for Astros. TBD for Sox.I mean Caulfield is the original AI. Oh you have some interest in this topic? Here are 47 related stories to it!
1 hour ago1 hr 1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:I mean Caulfield is the original AI. Oh you have some interest in this topic? Here are 47 related stories to it!There's no doubt some of his posts have been used for AI training.
1 hour ago1 hr caulfield12 — The International Man of SoxTalkCaulfield is another massive-volume, deeply knowledgeable, weirdly wide-ranging poster.His posts frequently go beyond the Sox into international baseball, ownership, economics, politics, overseas life, etc. He is also prolific enough that Greg recently called him “in the running for board MVP.”He's also part of the forum's meta-lore. There's an old thread specifically discussing which SoxTalk posters could theoretically have their own talk shows, and caulfield himself starts casting various posters in different roles.His particular superpower is:Nobody asked for a 700-word explanation of the implications of something.Caulfield has already written it.And there will probably be a reference to something happening in Europe.SoxTalk role: The guy who somehow knows the political situation in Finland, the ownership structure of the Twins, and what happened to a 2004 White Sox prospect.
1 hour ago1 hr 4 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:Going up against 3 righties (if they go 3). Going to need Mune and Colson to run into some stuff. That is a bit worrisome, especially with Colson lately.They’ll need to still include Grichuk in the lineup! But I fear Venable will let him and his hot bat rot on the bench.
1 hour ago1 hr 30 minutes ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:Caulfield is posting AI Slop Fake NewsBullpen game for Astros. TBD for Sox.Ban him.
1 hour ago1 hr 13 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:caulfield12 — The International Man of SoxTalkCaulfield is another massive-volume, deeply knowledgeable, weirdly wide-ranging poster.His posts frequently go beyond the Sox into international baseball, ownership, economics, politics, overseas life, etc. He is also prolific enough that Greg recently called him “in the running for board MVP.”He's also part of the forum's meta-lore. There's an old thread specifically discussing which SoxTalk posters could theoretically have their own talk shows, and caulfield himself starts casting various posters in different roles.His particular superpower is:Nobody asked for a 700-word explanation of the implications of something.Caulfield has already written it.And there will probably be a reference to something happening in Europe.SoxTalk role: The guy who somehow knows the political situation in Finland, the ownership structure of the Twins, and what happened to a 2004 White Sox prospect.I mean damn.
1 hour ago1 hr 14 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:Sandlin v bullpen date. Will's head is spinning on how to best deploy his splits.I think I'd start Fedde but honestly there isn't a great option. If Will decides to go with an opener, I really hope it isn't Hudson. He's really struggled in that role.
1 hour ago1 hr No openers, please. Lots of relievers have struggled in that role. It's not working. Sandlin or Fedde.
1 hour ago1 hr 4 minutes ago, hoosiersoxfan said:I think I'd start Fedde but honestly there isn't a great option. If Will decides to go with an opener, I really hope it isn't Hudson. He's really struggled in that role.If Will insists on an opener I'd like to see if be Hagen. Let's see what this kid is made of in a big spot. It's not like we have a ton of better options and he's been lights out this year and I don't trust Fedde to get through Yordan in the first.
1 hour ago1 hr 28 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:If Will insists on an opener I'd like to see if be Hagen. Let's see what this kid is made of in a big spot. It's not like we have a ton of better options and he's been lights out this year and I don't trust Fedde to get through Yordan in the first.Just walk Alvarez.
46 minutes ago46 min 1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:biggest question, who starts the gamethread? do we have stats on who won the most?Has that been the criteria in the past or are you just looking for a lucky charm ? We're hardly ever in the playoffs so I have no idea if its Ron because he had the last winning game thread accidentally or what . A Mod needs to step up here and provide some direction .
44 minutes ago44 min 51 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:No openers, please. Lots of relievers have struggled in that role. It's not working. Sandlin or Fedde.The Sox have a really good record when Fedde pitches 3+ innings in any role. Something like 19-9.
42 minutes ago42 min Author 4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:Has that been the criteria in the past or are you just looking for a lucky charm ? We're hardly ever in the playoffs so I have no idea if its Ron because he had the last winning game thread accidentally or what . A Mod needs to step up here and provide some direction .Just luck. I don't like the idea of Ron but what are we gonna do lol
23 minutes ago23 min 4 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:Bullpen vs. BullpenSo Caulfield made up the probables?
6 minutes ago6 min Author 21 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:Bullpen vs. BullpenI still would start Sandlin and just have him on a short leash and only expect him to go 2. Or I see us opening with Newcomb
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.