3 hours ago3 hr If you liked Caray and Piersall, I think the closest you're going to get is Schriffen and Plesac. Main difference is Schriff and Plesac are high on life.
3 hours ago3 hr 2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:Man I didn’t ever feel like Stone really liked Schriffen, all he did was hang him out to dry and refuse to play into what he perceived were dumb questions . I think this parting of ways has just as much to do with Stone as it does the broadcaster ratings that put them in the bottom third every yearstone is a punk imo. he thinks his s%*# doesn't stink he used to do it with hawk too.
3 hours ago3 hr 2 minutes ago, Jake said:If you liked Caray and Piersall, I think the closest you're going to get is Schriffen and Plesac. Main difference is Schriff and Plesac are high on life.I have no issues if that was the team moving forward. BUT, i know it won't be...........
3 hours ago3 hr 3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:stone is a punk imo. he thinks his s%*# doesn't stink he used to do it with hawk too.Yes. I'm no big Schriffen fan but I thought Stone's treatment of him reflected a lot more poorly on Stone than on Schriffen. Stone shows his true colors on social media -- where is a comically thin-skinned and embittered old man -- and it's shining through more and more on the air as well. It's a shame because his insights and baseball knowledge are genuinely helpful and informative, but spoiled by his increasing unlikability.
3 hours ago3 hr 18 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:Just blue check Sox accounts. The algo is straight garbage to be fair. You like one tweet and suddenly your entire feed is that account or topic. It's maddening. I actually have stopped liking or retweeing certain things just because I don't want my entire feed to be flooded.Use the following tab for your display. Never leave it up to the algo.|V
3 hours ago3 hr 15 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:Man I didn’t ever feel like Stone really liked Schriffen, all he did was hang him out to dry and refuse to play into what he perceived were dumb questions . I think this parting of ways has just as much to do with Stone as it does the broadcaster ratings that put them in the bottom third every yearI honestly couldn't tell you the last long term broadcaster he was partnered with he didn't look down on.
3 hours ago3 hr 8 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:Yes. I'm no big Schriffen fan but I thought Stone's treatment of him reflected a lot more poorly on Stone than on Schriffen. Stone shows his true colors on social media -- where is a comically thin-skinned and embittered old man -- and it's shining through more and more on the air as well. It's a shame because his insights and baseball knowledge are genuinely helpful and informative, but spoiled by his increasing unlikability.Honestly, if given the choice, I would retire Stone first. Then replace Schiff.
2 hours ago2 hr I'd like to see them go to a 3 man booth - get Gordon, Plesac and AJP to be more engaged to better transition for when Stoney retires plus allows good flexibility for the crew.
2 hours ago2 hr 8 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:I'd like to see them go to a 3 man booth - get Gordon, Plesac and AJP to be more engaged to better transition for when Stoney retires plus allows good flexibility for the crew.As much as I would love it, AJ isn't loyal enough for Jerry. Zero chance at that.
2 hours ago2 hr Harry and Jimmy were the best. They were entertaining and they both knew a great deal about baseball.Hawk was fun when things were going well but was insufferable when things were going bad. His last couple of seasons were terrible.I never cared for Benetti. Too much of a nerd and too silly.Schriffen is definitely not astute when it comes to baseball, but I found him a lot more entertaining to listen to than Benetti. I actually enjoyed hearing his "Yeah Buddy!" and "Stand Up Southside!" calls because he was so enthusiastic and I found them funny in a good way. Not saying he was a great announcer, and the Sox could and should do a lot better, but I'd rather see him stay than bring in another boring guy.Someone suggested Kasper and DJ moving to TV. I would love that. Kasper is a competent PBP guy and I always found DJ to be a very likeable personality and he also knows his baseball.AJ Pierzynski is the guy I'd like to see in in the Sox TV booth some day, probably as the analyst.Plesac is okay, but please keep Gordon Beckham away.All just my personal opinions. Edited 2 hours ago2 hr by South Side Fireworks Man
2 hours ago2 hr 3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:As much as I would love it, AJ isn't loyal enough for Jerry. Zero chance at that.Feel like if that ever happens it will be down the line when Ishbia takes overNot sure who would take over for Schriffen doing PBP going forward, I like McKnight in the sideline role but not a huge fan of him calling games. Sox need to find someone like Milwaukee has with Brian Anderson (not the former Sox OF). Electric calls when the time is right and very knowledgeable of the game.I actually really like Adam Amin when he calls baseball games but I don't know if he would do a fulltime baseball schedule when Bulls season ends on top of his national broadcasting duties. Rumor was Jerry didn't like Benetti having so many other outside obligations but I don't believe that's the actual reason he wasn't brought back. Other thing with Amin is I believe he's a Cubs fan but that probably doesn't really matter that much since he's such a pro.
2 hours ago2 hr 11 minutes ago, hoosiersoxfan said:Feel like if that ever happens it will be down the line when Ishbia takes overNot sure who would take over for Schriffen doing PBP going forward, I like McKnight in the sideline role but not a huge fan of him calling games. Sox need to find someone like Milwaukee has with Brian Anderson (not the former Sox OF). Electric calls when the time is right and very knowledgeable of the game.I actually really like Adam Amin when he calls baseball games but I don't know if he would do a fulltime baseball schedule when Bulls season ends on top of his national broadcasting duties. Rumor was Jerry didn't like Benetti having so many other outside obligations but I don't believe that's the actual reason he wasn't brought back. Other thing with Amin is I believe he's a Cubs fan but that probably doesn't really matter that much since he's such a pro.I can totally get behind Adam Amin as the PBP guy
2 hours ago2 hr I say put mics in front of Chuck and Ozzie during the broadcasts and let whatever happens happen.
2 hours ago2 hr 6 minutes ago, Snopek said:I say put mics in front of Chuck and Ozzie during the broadcasts and let whatever happens happen.Look if there was a pay feed to hear Ozzie's thoughts live during a game, I would be all over it.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:I'd like to see them go to a 3 man booth - get Gordon, Plesac and AJP to be more engaged to better transition for when Stoney retires plus allows good flexibility for the crew.1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:As much as I would love it, AJ isn't loyal enough for Jerry. Zero chance at that.Yep, I thought AJ was on this current ownership group's persona non grata list along with Big Frank, Black Jack, and I want to say several others.
1 hour ago1 hr Author AJ would be fantastic, but he's got a good national gig going where he doesn't work as much. Would he really want to call 162 games a year?Stone, AJ and Randazzo would be a great 3-man booth if that was an option. Especially with Stone doing less games now a days. Edited 1 hour ago1 hr by ron883
1 hour ago1 hr 48 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:Anyone but Zach Zaidman. 🤢 🤮I am comfortable stating that would never happen, he is far too much of a cubs fan boy
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:Harry and Jimmy were the best. They were entertaining and they both knew a great deal about baseball.Hawk was fun when things were going well but was insufferable when things were going bad. His last couple of seasons were terrible.I never cared for Benetti. Too much of a nerd and too silly.Schriffen is definitely not astute when it comes to baseball, but I found him a lot more entertaining to listen to than Benetti. I actually enjoyed hearing his "Yeah Buddy!" and "Stand Up Southside!" calls because he was so enthusiastic and I found them funny in a good way. Not saying he was a great announcer, and the Sox could and should do a lot better, but I'd rather see him stay than bring in another boring guy.Someone suggested Kasper and DJ moving to TV. I would love that. Kasper is a competent PBP guy and I always found DJ to be a very likeable personality and he also knows his baseball.AJ Pierzynski is the guy I'd like to see in in the Sox TV booth some day, probably as the analyst.Plesac is okay, but please keep Gordon Beckham away.All just my personal opinions.Why is Gordon Beckham bad?
1 hour ago1 hr 35 minutes ago, 77 Hitmen said:Yep, I thought AJ was on this current ownership group's persona non grata list along with Big Frank, Black Jack, and I want to say several others.It's kind of weird with Frank how the organization seems to hate him. KW let him have it back in the day. I used to go to at least one road series a year, and several times I stayed at the team hotel. With the fans, there was no player better than Frank. He signed every autograph. Smiled and was pleasant with everyone. Took pictures with everyone. Usually if the front office hates you, your fan interaction is probably horrible. But for a 1st ballot HOFer, his was always outstanding from what I saw.
1 hour ago1 hr 11 minutes ago, WestEddy said:Why is Gordon Beckham bad?Idk, he's not. He had a lot of haters. Maybe because he was bad on the field.
54 minutes ago54 min 12 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:It's kind of weird with Frank how the organization seems to hate him. KW let him have it back in the day. I used to go to at least one road series a year, and several times I stayed at the team hotel. With the fans, there was no player better than Frank. He signed every autograph. Smiled and was pleasant with everyone. Took pictures with everyone. Usually if the front office hates you, your fan interaction is probably horrible. But for a 1st ballot HOFer, his was always outstanding from what I saw.He was like that at Soxfest too. I remember him buying the whole Big Bar at the Hyatt a round one year, like 2002/3/4 somewhere in there.
47 minutes ago47 min 19 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:It's kind of weird with Frank how the organization seems to hate him. KW let him have it back in the day. I used to go to at least one road series a year, and several times I stayed at the team hotel. With the fans, there was no player better than Frank. He signed every autograph. Smiled and was pleasant with everyone. Took pictures with everyone. Usually if the front office hates you, your fan interaction is probably horrible. But for a 1st ballot HOFer, his was always outstanding from what I saw.At least right now I kinda get it because isn't Frank suing the team? But before that it seemed like petty grudges. Same with AJ - he criticized the team and now he's on Jerry's bad side, even though AJ loved his time here and still roots for the Sox.
45 minutes ago45 min The rudest interaction I ever had at Soxfest was with the Chairman of the Board himself. What a grouch.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.