2 hours ago2 hr Kinda suprised they went with 12 pitchers and kept Pham. Maybe Pham cornered Getz in the elevator again. That said, no big loss not having Richards and they probably feel in a short series all hands on deck it's better to have another PH option than a strictly mopup guy, as if it gets bad either way someone else will eat the innings, maybe even Davis. Edited 2 hours ago2 hr by chitownsportsfan
2 hours ago2 hr 1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:Kinda suprised they went with 12 pitchers and kept Pham. Maybe Pham cornered Getz in the elevator again. That said, no big loss not having Richards and they probably feel in a short series all hands on deck it's better to have another PH option than a strictly mopup guy, as if it gets bad either way someone else will eat the innings, maybe even Davis.Davis is also not on the roster.
2 hours ago2 hr 40 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:We need guys with postseason experience, even if he is a glorified babysitter. But I do think he's a nice bat off the bench.Maybe if this was 2022 or 2023 not 2026….hell if we are going off postseason experience Castillo and his previous 2.25 ERA over the course of time should be considered for a roster spot and we can turn a blind eye to his recent pitching issues. I just think Pham is washed. If you want him providing value make him some sort of coach instead of taking a spot away from an already taxed bullpen.
2 hours ago2 hr 8 minutes ago, Green Line said:The Sox have a clear bullpen advantage over Houston. Idk how the Sox managed to enter the playoffs with the bullpen being their strength considering they have the most blown saves in the league but thats where we standThey don't have Leasure and Dominquez any more. So that accounts for 8 of the blown saves. Taylor has 6. That's how.
2 hours ago2 hr The idea of Pham cornering people in elevators is still interesting. I wonder if he cornered other people before he got to Getz 🤔
2 hours ago2 hr i'm so darn nervous that I may be pulling out the Macallan in the daytime, which I very rarely do.
2 hours ago2 hr 11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:Davis is also not on the roster.I think he's referring to Davis Martin
2 hours ago2 hr 6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:Kinda suprised they went with 12 pitchers and kept Pham. Maybe Pham cornered Getz in the elevator again. That said, no big loss not having Richards and they probably feel in a short series all hands on deck it's better to have another PH option than a strictly mopup guy, as if it gets bad either way someone else will eat the innings, maybe even Davis.Richards pitched 3.1 inning in the last game of the season so likely wasnt available the 1st 2 games of the WC series anyway. Plus Brazoban is back so he's on it. Schultz too and if they use Kay at all it will be in the pen considering he pitched 5 innings in the last game of the season.
2 hours ago2 hr 8 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:The idea of Pham cornering people in elevators is still interesting. I wonder if he cornered other people before he got to Getz 🤔He then proceeded to hit a massive homer but the bullpen blew it.
2 hours ago2 hr There's one regular on the Sox roster who Colson out-hit in the final two weeks of the season: Tristan Peters
1 hour ago1 hr 4 minutes ago, HeGetzUs said:Love the lineup. I believe this is the 1st time Colson has been in the 9 spot all year too.
1 hour ago1 hr 19 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:Kinda suprised they went with 12 pitchers and kept Pham. Maybe Pham cornered Getz in the elevator again. That said, no big loss not having Richards and they probably feel in a short series all hands on deck it's better to have another PH option than a strictly mopup guy, as if it gets bad either way someone else will eat the innings, maybe even Davis.Only a 3-game series. More likely to use Pham than your lowest bullpen arm
1 hour ago1 hr I notice that Blubaugh had reverse splits this season, so that must be part of what the Astros are thinking about with him starting the game. Of course, Hagen also has reverse splits (which is technically good for this lineup) but I don't really believe that will be true in the long run.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 minute ago, HeGetzUs said:Don't like Meidroth that low but its understandable if by the time he bats it could be a LH RP in there. Peters, Braden & Benintendi better make me eat my words and crush the RH SP. I just rather have one of our best hitters period nearer the top or middle . Guess they felt they had to go with Montgomery but don't like that either .Their 2 best September hitters by OPS are on the bench Grichuk and Doyle. They have to out homer the Astros in their own park.
1 hour ago1 hr 6 minutes ago, Jake said:There's one regular on the Sox roster who Colson out-hit in the final two weeks of the season: Tristan PetersPeters hasnt been right since he ran into the wall. I have much more faith in him turning it around than Colson has been abysmal for months now. He really shouldnt be in the starting lineup.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 minute ago, Green Line said:Peters hasnt been right since he ran into the wall. I have much more faith in him turning it around than Colson has been abysmal for months now. He really shouldnt be in the starting lineup.Good point that his last handful of games he was probably playing hurt. I had forgotten about that.
1 hour ago1 hr 3 minutes ago, Green Line said:Peters hasnt been right since he ran into the wall. I have much more faith in him turning it around than Colson has been abysmal for months now. He really shouldnt be in the starting lineup.You guys calling for Meidroth at SS would be up in arms the first time a ball Colson gets to goes through.
1 hour ago1 hr Ozzie said something in one of the final pre/post game shows...along the lines of the past few years, he wasn't a Sox fan (I take this as him being dramatic about how pathetic those teams were). But this season is obviously different. This season, he said, he's not a fan of the Sox but he's a fan of these guys. Or something like that, it's hard to parse Ozz-ese. I agree with the sentiment though. I root for Sox players because I'm a Sox fan, but the 2026 team is filled with players I want to root for who just so happen to be White Sox. Reminds me more of the Sox teams when I was a kid in the mid-late 90s and early 00s.
1 hour ago1 hr 31 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:I forget, were their pitchers last in innings from their starting pitching?That's a season stats and likely skewed if whatever stat you are using didn't account for games started by openers. This is a short series where guys like Kay will pitch in relief if they need him to and the first game is vitally important in a 3 game series. ANd their game 1 starter is an opener too so he isn't going long. So that leaves game 2 and possibly a game 3.
1 hour ago1 hr 5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:You guys calling for Meidroth at SS would be up in arms the first time a ball Colson gets to goes through.Colson hasnt even been a good defender recently so no I wouldnt.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 minute ago, Jake said:Ozzie said something in one of the final pre/post game shows...along the lines of the past few years, he wasn't a Sox fan (I take this as him being dramatic about how pathetic those teams were). But this season is obviously different. This season, he said, he's not a fan of the Sox but he's a fan of these guys. Or something like that, it's hard to parse Ozz-ese. I agree with the sentiment though. I root for Sox players because I'm a Sox fan, but the 2026 team is filled with players I want to root for who just so happen to be White Sox. Reminds me more of the Sox teams when I was a kid in the mid-late 90s and early 00s.I’m still rooting for laundry. You could give me a list of people with Chinese language symbols on their backs next season and I’ll be fine if everyone left other than the Japanese guy because he’s a riot.
1 hour ago1 hr 6 minutes ago, Green Line said:Colson hasnt even been a good defender recently so no I wouldnt.He was the 14th best defender in all of baseball by FGs this year. Put your eye test away old man.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.