3 hours ago3 hr 1 minute ago, AntMan26 said:I don't understand how anyone can love Cleveland so much to pass on millions of dollars to play there when he could have easily played for any other team in any other city.Loyalty. Its a good thing.
2 hours ago2 hr 39 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:got to take at least one of these games. I am nervous facing their pitchinSurprisingly I’m not nervous at all. Team has had an incredible year. Even if they lose this series, I won’t be disappointed.
2 hours ago2 hr 41 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:got to take at least one of these games. I am nervous facing their pitchinWhy? Over the season our starters have a better ERA than there’s in our matchups with them. I’d much rather face them then what NY could throw at us.
2 hours ago2 hr 40 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:Well luckily you won’t have a bat in your hands and the players don’t seem too bothered by pressure!Perhaps he, like me, has the ability to alter the team's performance based on which hat he chooses to wear, which room he chooses to watch the game from, etc. It's a lot of pressure in its own right.
2 hours ago2 hr 3 minutes ago, fathom said:Surprisingly I’m not nervous at all. Team has had an incredible year. Even if they lose this series, I won’t be disappointed.I think I’d be a little disappointed if they lost to Cleveland because I truly believe the Sox have the better team. But I agree anything from this point forward is just the cherry on top of the most unpredictable season in history
2 hours ago2 hr Just now, HeGetzUs said:I think I’d be a little disappointed if they lost to Cleveland because I truly believe the Sox have the better team. But I agree anything from this point forward is just the cherry on top of the most unpredictable season in historyEasily the most pleasantly surprising
2 hours ago2 hr I feel like I felt after the 2008 regular season. Winning the division from the Twins was so rewarding I didn't really feel much when they lost to Tampa in the ALDS. That said this series is much more winnable than that one, Tampa in 2008 was a juggernaut. Edited 2 hours ago2 hr by Green Line
2 hours ago2 hr 34 minutes ago, AntMan26 said:I don't understand how anyone can love Cleveland so much to pass on millions of dollars to play there when he could have easily played for any other team in any other city.I mean I guess I get it, as I have stayed in my hometown to work remotely when I could probably double my salary (or more) if I was willing to take on an office job in NYC on a daily basis. But Cleveland? I am going to go with my man Jo Noah on this one.
2 hours ago2 hr 18 minutes ago, fathom said:Surprisingly I’m not nervous at all. Team has had an incredible year. Even if they lose this series, I won’t be disappointed.This is house money. Hopefully all of you believers put up and made a lot of money, because it was free money for those who believed all along. Just remember Gage and Soxtalk with those millions.
2 hours ago2 hr Sorry I have zero sympathy for Cleveland fans. They get to watch mostly very good baseball’s for 30 straight years, many hall of famers. Boo hoo you don’t get second contracts.Losers.
2 hours ago2 hr 14 minutes ago, Green Line said:I feel like I felt after the 2008 regular season. Winning the division from the Twins was so rewarding I didn't really feel much when they lost to Tampa in the ALDS. That said this series is much more winnable than that one, Tampa in 2008 was a juggernaut.The last week of the season was so intense I actually felt a sense of relief when they lost to Tampa.
2 hours ago2 hr 28 minutes ago, HeGetzUs said:Why? Over the season our starters have a better ERA than there’s in our matchups with them. I’d much rather face them then what NY could throw at us.Throw that stat out the window. Cleveland has great pitching and will be very tough. Doesn’t mean the Sox can’t win, but regular season head to head stats mean nothing now. Just ask the Astros.
2 hours ago2 hr 29 minutes ago, Green Line said:I feel like I felt after the 2008 regular season. Winning the division from the Twins was so rewarding I didn't really feel much when they lost to Tampa in the ALDS. That said this series is much more winnable than that one, Tampa in 2008 was a juggernaut.They were so spent once they got to Tampa, it was almost unfair lol.
2 hours ago2 hr 56 minutes ago, Green Line said:Loyalty. Its a good thing.Not with Cleveland. Or abusive relationships. Which I feel like as a Sox fan I've been in one for all of my life 😂😭
2 hours ago2 hr 4 minutes ago, Snopek said:Throw that stat out the window. Cleveland has great pitching and will be very tough. Doesn’t mean the Sox can’t win, but regular season head to head stats mean nothing now. Just ask the Astros.Well obviously, but there is nothing there that tells us the Sox can’t compete/win this series. 2 very evenly matched teams that may ultimately come down to who doesn’t make the mental mistakes and can play clean baseball
2 hours ago2 hr 8 minutes ago, AntMan26 said:Not with Cleveland. Or abusive relationships. Which I feel like as a Sox fan I've been in one for all of my life 😂😭That's not a bad comp. Their fans know what is coming.
1 hour ago1 hr 31 minutes ago, bmags said:Sorry I have zero sympathy for Cleveland fans. They get to watch mostly very good baseball’s for 30 straight years, many hall of famers. Boo hoo you don’t get second contracts.Losers.It's still amazing to me those 90s Cleveland teams didn't win at least one world series. Yeah they had the New York juggernaut starting in 1998 but '95-'97 were right there for them.
1 hour ago1 hr 10 minutes ago, almagest said:It's still amazing to me those 90s Cleveland teams didn't win at least one world series. Yeah they had the New York juggernaut starting in 1998 but '95-'97 were right there for them.They had both the Yankee and the Braves juggernaut staring them in the face
1 hour ago1 hr 2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:They had both the Yankee and the Braves juggernaut staring them in the faceAnd they couldn't get past the Marlins in 97
1 hour ago1 hr 3 minutes ago, hoosiersoxfan said:And they couldn't get past the Marlins in 97The Marlins were a built super team. Let’s not pretend like they really were a surprise in 97, that was an insane team. 03, sure, but 97 was built to win so their owner could sell at a higher price point
1 hour ago1 hr Series prediction: Guardians in 5These teams played each other awfully close in the regular season. The White Sox won seven of 13 games, and the aggregate score was 58-57 in Chicago's favor, with seven of the contests decided by one run and four ending in walk-off fashion. Those narrow margins suggest this series could go the distance, which makes me inclined to tilt slightly toward the team with home-field advantage and more experience navigating high-stakes October games. Chicago is fully capable of pulling the upset here, and based on how the season series played out, it arguably wouldn't be much of an upset. But I'll lean toward the Guardians here on account of that elevated experience and their advantage on the mound. — Shustermanyahoo.com/sports
1 hour ago1 hr 3 hours ago, joejoesox said:I think Murakami and Vargas are gonna be key to winning these games, so hopefully the coaching has figured out what their issues have been and addressed them. We probably won't see much of Antonacci, Braden, but Grichuk should be playing pretty much 90% of every gameMy under the radar dude who I think is going to make a name for himself and surprise a lot of people this series is Brenton Doyle.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, fathom said:Surprisingly I’m not nervous at all. Team has had an incredible year. Even if they lose this series, I won’t be disappointed.I just do not want to get swept by these dudes. Lose in 4-5, sure. I can live with that.
1 hour ago1 hr 2 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:got to take at least one of these games. I am nervous facing their pitchinSame feeling as when Hunter Brown was listed… right?
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.