Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT

Featured Replies

Gavin Williams vs TBD. Gavin with a 3.98 ERA and 1.23 WHIP vs the Sox in 20.1 IP this year.

Go Sox!

Edited by ron883

Venable: "Burke will play a role Monday ."

Will has officially reached Arteta level of mind games.

  • bmags pinned this topic

Im gonna keep yesterdays up a few more hrs but still have fun here

Good luck, fingers crossed.

crazy that White Sox hitters have a sub .700 OPS as a team through three straight wire to wire victories. It seems like we’ve been pounding the ball. Pitching has really been magnificent.

  • Author

12 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Lived right around the corner from him when he got out of prison. Always made small chit chat when we’d run into each other. Brought some beer to an outdoor covid party.

  • Author
16 minutes ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:

We are riding Ron game threads into the ALCS

With how I've performed, I'm making another gamethread even if they lose one. Gotta ride the hot hand.

49 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Rod is a lifelong Cubs fan. The Pope is converting everyone.

Anthony Kay getting the nod is another great call by Venable. He dominates lefties and is 1-0 with a 1.35 ERA against the Guardians in 4 games / 20 innings pitched. I actually prefer leaving Davis Martin out of this series if possible, as even though his ERA is good the Guardians are hitting .324 off of him.

13 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

not sure I agree, but hard to critique will much right now. players have executed his plans, keep it up all around.

7 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Anthony Kay getting the nod is another great call by Venable. He dominates lefties and is 1-0 with a 1.35 ERA against the Guardians in 4 games / 20 innings pitched. I actually prefer leaving Davis Martin out of this series if possible, as even though his ERA is good the Guardians are hitting .324 off of him.

Yeah Kay has actually been good against the Guardians. I think it was between him and Newcomb. I would have preferred Newcomb, but maybe they plan on using him in the later innings with Taylor maybe not available for a long outing.

Kay pitched well against the Guardians. The arm angle and him being a lefty make it tough. I think the idea is for Kay to open and then for Burke to be the bulk reliever

Davis needs as much rest as possible given the injury he's been dealing with all year.

I'm fine with Kay starting. Would like to see him not starting every hitter 3-0, however.

Edited by PaleAleSox

25 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Davis needs as much rest as possible given the injury he's been dealing with all year.

I think he goes game 3.

7 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I think he goes game 3.

I think we see game 1 repeated for game 3.

8 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I think he goes game 3.

highly doubt it. they clearly have zero trust in him right now. he's the mopup guy at this point.

21 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

I think we see game 1 repeated for game 3.

Yup, I think that’s definitely the goal.

I'd like to see Sandlin get a shot this series at some point. Replicating Taylor's 4 inning beauty against the same team a couple days later seems doubtful.

I’ve got $500 to my name at the moment. I’m considering putting it all on the Sox tomorrow at +135. 🤔

Kay(2)-Burke(5)-Hagen(1)-Taylor(1)

That would be pretty ideal

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.