Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct

Featured Replies

45 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Having 2 starters (bulk guys?) isn’t sustainable throughout an entire post-season. Fortunately, one of those guys goes Game 5. Just start him. No opener.

Ride or die with Sean is our only hope

  • Replies 50
  • Views 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Rowand44
    Rowand44

    I made a bad decision last night and bought tickets and will be on my way to Cleveland tomorrow morning. I don't want this fuckin thing to end.

  • Bob Sacamano
    Bob Sacamano

    Having 2 starters (bulk guys?) isn’t sustainable throughout an entire post-season. Fortunately, one of those guys goes Game 5. Just start him. No opener.

  • PaleAleSox
    PaleAleSox

    Well. It’s been one hell of a ride. See if they can create some magic one more time.

35 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

He couldn't throw strikes on the corners so he had to start grooving the ball down the middle or on fat parts of the plate.

Also think they’ve seen him so much, they’re able to pick up which pitch is coming earlier than most teams.

3 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

I made a bad decision last night and bought tickets and will be on my way to Cleveland tomorrow morning. I don't want this fuckin thing to end.

Good for you, and thank you for your service.

5 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

I made a bad decision last night and bought tickets and will be on my way to Cleveland tomorrow morning. I don't want this fuckin thing to end.

My trip to Cleveland last weekend was a beautiful disaster...game was ecstasy, the trip back was completely cursed. Not sure my wallet can take it again.

In 20 years, Burke will be honored at The Rail Yard Park, throwing out the first pitch to cheers of "Cleveland Sucks".

3 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

They should sit BMont, horrible game last night with the Golden Sombrero and taking a bad route on a catchable fly ball.

I’m all for Peters in right field and Ant at second and Meidroth at short but we know V isn’t going to do that. Also, it is not against the rules of god and nature to pinch hit for Mr. Mune.

I know it’s re emphasizing but under no circumstances whatsoever should the all time strike out leader in baseball recorded strike out history be allowed anywhere near home plate with a bat.

I am assuming Newcomb is going to open for a best case scenario of 2 innings

This is where Burke cements himself as a White Sox legend with 7 innings of no hit ball.

I'm not confident. But whatever happens it was a cool summer. I think what we as Sox fans worry about is that it's very possible this doesn't happen for another 5 years again. Sox got a few good young players but like last rebuild Jerry won't get it over the hump to sustain. The Sox will be dumpster diving again this off season. That is if there is an off season. I know they probably got no chance against Tampa but this series they should win

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Ride or die with Sean is our only hope

Some Analytics will tell Venable to start Hudson ......

7 minutes ago, Lightly Folded said:

I’m all for Peters in right field and Ant at second and Meidroth at short but we know V isn’t going to do that. Also, it is not against the rules of god and nature to pinch hit for Mr. Mune.

I know it’s re emphasizing but under no circumstances whatsoever should the all time strike out leader in baseball recorded strike out history be allowed anywhere near home plate with a bat.

Colson had good at bats yesterday. Going to have to roll with him. Brayden had a big hit in game 2, roll with him as well.

3 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:

Colson had good at bats yesterday. Going to have to roll with him. Brayden had a big hit in game 2, roll with him as well.

Braden is really young all this crap only makes him better. Not every player is Miguel Cabrera. I'm most pissed at the Grichuck AB than Bradens

2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Braden is really young all this crap only makes him better. Not every player is Miguel Cabrera. I'm most pissed at the Grichuck AB than Bradens

Both "vets" Grichuk and Beni had awful at bats in big spots last night. They have been disappointing.

Yeah Randal's at bat yesterday prevented a huge inning. He looked way too antsy up there in that at bat. Hopefully not being in front of a home crowd has them playing better/loose.

Braden is currently unplayable against lefties. Against righties hit him right where is now. .430 OPS in the season good for a 22 OPS+

25 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:

Both "vets" Grichuk and Beni had awful at bats in big spots last night. They have been disappointing.

The vets needed to come through. I understand Meidroth in game 3 striking out in the first inning the way he did, but the vets looking that bad cant happen.

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Braden is currently unplayable against lefties. Against righties hit him right where is now. .430 OPS in the season good for a 22 OPS+

He’s hitless against RHP in the playoffs. Has anyone gone back and watched his route on that double? It was so bad.

  • Chisoxfn changed the title to ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
  • Author
4 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s hitless against RHP in the playoffs. Has anyone gone back and watched his route on that double? It was so bad.

I presume he misjudged how hard it was hit and thus took a real bad angle/route…off the bat I thought it was a routine out. In fairness I thought that quite a bit on some of the hits Taylor gave up.

5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I presume he misjudged how hard it was hit and thus took a real bad angle/route…off the bat I thought it was a routine out. In fairness I thought that quite a bit on some of the hits Taylor gave up.

Also playing in right center field didn’t help.

This is the first game of the playoffs I have zero confidence in this team getting it done. the bullpen is absolutely gassed.

Which means they probably win this in a blowout...because 2026 White Sox!

  • Author
20 minutes ago, fathom said:

Also playing in right center field didn’t help.

Kind of like having Colson shifted way up the middle when Taylor was throwing non stop curveballs to the first batter… that was a routine grounder that ended up being a single.

18 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Kind of like having Colson shifted way up the middle when Taylor was throwing non stop curveballs to the first batter… that was a routine grounder that ended up being a single.

I have to wonder if the pitch sequencing aligned with the fielder positioning at all. Braden was playing in RCF for an inside fastball and Colson was playing up the middle for an outside curveball. Unless both guys just completely missed ln location, the positioning doesn't make a lot of sense.

33 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

This is the first game of the playoffs I have zero confidence in this team getting it done. the bullpen is absolutely gassed.

Which means they probably win this in a blowout...because 2026 White Sox!

I mean, hold them to 2 or 3 runs or less. It was nice putting up openers that are shutting the offense down. Not very sustainable.

To me, this series is our World Series. Making it to the ALCS would be a MASSIVE win for this team. They do not match up against the Rays pitching at all, and honestly I don't see the Sox nor the Guardians fairing well against them. It comes down to holding the Guardians to a few runs max. Burke looked awesome his last time out, and I am hoping for a repeat performance. Without scoring a few runs, the late innings will be a tightrope walk for the Sox. The bullpen is spent. They're going to have to rely on a couple guys at the end.

Ah s%*#. Ditka just passed away. Now the Sox need to go into Cleveland and win it for Da Coach.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.