Ex-Sox farmhand goes wild

SoIL

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think that there is a slight chance that Texas might release him or at least be willing to trade him?

Why? Are you suggesting we should make a run at him? No thanks. It would kill our PR and the Chicago media giant would destroy us considering our problems like these in the past. :puke

Although I would straight out release him if I had anything to do with the Rangers.

EVERETT RECALLS INCIDENT

MINNEAPOLIS -- Monday's ninth-inning incident involving the Texas bullpen and a few Oakland fans sitting near the relievers hit a little too close to home for one White Sox player.

Carl Everett, currently on the sideline with a pulled left adductor muscle, was playing right field for Texas on April 19, 2003 in Network Associates Coliseum when he was hit in the back of the head with a cell phone tossed from the upper deck. Everett said that the offending fan was identified and he pressed charges. But nothing ever came of it.

The situation transpiring in Oakland, which unfortunately ended with Rangers reliever Frank Francisco throwing a chair into the crowd that hit two fans, brought back those still very fresh memories for Everett. While he stopped well short of supporting Francisco's actions, he understood how something of that sort could take place.

"Major League Baseball has always protected the fan," said Everett emphatically. "We're the product. They don't really care about the product. The consumers are where you make the money. You can always get more product, I assume. We're expendable."

If not for his baseball cap, Everett said the force of the phone being thrown would have split open his head. Everett picked up the phone and hurled it out of the stadium but also suggested that if the particular fan were brought to him, instead of arrested, he was furious enough to have dispensed his own form of justice.

Fan abuse is a definite problem that needs to be addressed immediately, according to Everett. But the veteran designated hitter/outfielder doesn't see the drastic changes he advocates being put in place any time soon.

"No, there's too much money involved," Everett said. "That's the way it has been. The fans are getting closer every year.

"They need to make it more like football, basketball and soccer, where it's tougher for a fan to make contact and it's tough for a player to make contact. It's that simple. They can do it like they do in Japan. Put nets all the way around the field."

I laughed when I saw this on ABC 7 yesterday. They interviewd the husband and they asked if they were going to sue and the husband said well thats up to the lawyers. Then Mark Giangreco

This morning, her husband was saying that she is gouing through mental and emotinal anguish........sounds like the lawyers might have spoken.

Mental and emotional anguish... what a load of bulls***... these f***ing parasites. Geez, yeah its bs that Francisco threw that chair but come f***ing on. Everyone is so damn sue happy. Its not like he killed the damn woman. Sheesh.

I'm not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV, so I have never understood why people are awarded extra money in lawsuits. You should have your medical bills and time off from work covered, you break even, that's it. All this emotional trauma is BS. On the other hand, if the chair had hit me, you'd better believe I'm calling an attorney.