Sox talking to Oakland?

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee/Harris/BMac for Huddy -- f*** yeah.

Pick up Polanco/Cairo for 2B, or Renteria/Cabrera for SS and you're the favorites for the AL central again.

Polanco 2b

Rowand CF

Thomas DH

Konerko 1B

Dye RF

Everett LF

Uribe SS

Crede 3B

Catcher

with a rotation of

Hudson

Garcia

Buehrle

Contreras

Garland

:headbang -- Rock on.

sox were never mentioned for garcia, either.

They were, and then they dropped out of the picture when the Yankees had interest in him...that's the way the national media works. If the Yankees have interest in a guy, no one else does until he signs with that team or until he signs with the Yankees.

It is, in a way, a very good way to approach it, because if you are wrong, it's just dirt off your shoulder, because the Yankees "did" have interest in him...but if you're right, you are the greatest sports mind alive.

Now Tim Hudson and his agents want $12 to $14 million over 4 years, if we are to lock him up to a long - term deal. With all the SP FA's getting big fat contracts when they hardly deserve it, Hudson's demands don't seem to far out of place. Hudson would be the perfect pitcher on the Southside, his numbers are insane, and he doesn't give up many homers at all, which would be a HUGE boost at the Cell. But would JR give Hudson a big contract like that? I actually think he could, depending on how sucessful the Sox were in a season, attendance wise etc., and don't forget we almost did lock up Colon to a big 4 year deal as well. However, I think Zito maybe a little more realistic, and Zito and Byrnes for Lee could almost be possible, maybe if the Sox threw in Adkins or Cotts possibly.

4 way maybe.. I could see a...

Sox: Hudson, Gordon, (Bubba Crosby)

NY: RJ, Adkins, (Prospect)

Oak: Lee, Harris/Garland

Ari: Vazquez, Garland/Harris (Type A prospect(s))

Something in those regards. I'm not proposing or saying if that is an adaquate trade, but I would not be surprised even though I doubt a 4 way but who knows..

4 way maybe.. I could see a...

Sox: Hudson, Gordon, (Crosby)

NY: RJ, Adkins, (Prospect)

Oak: Lee, Harris/Garland

Ari: Vazquez, Garland/Harris (Type A prospect(s))

Something in those regards. I'm not proposing or saying if that is an adaquate trade, but I would not be surprised even though I doubt a 4 way but who knows..

:huh: Why would Oakland give up crosby?

Now Tim Hudson and his agents want $12 to $14 million over 4 years, if we are to lock him up to a long - term deal. With all the SP FA's getting big fat contracts when they hardly deserve it, Hudson's demands don't seem to far out of place. Hudson would be the perfect pitcher on the Southside, his numbers are insane, and he doesn't give up many homers at all, which would be a HUGE boost at the Cell. But would JR give Hudson a big contract like that? I actually think he could, depending on how sucessful the Sox were in a season, attendance wise etc., and don't forget we almost did lock up Colon to a big 4 year deal as well. However, I think Zito maybe a little more realistic, and Zito and Byrnes for Lee could almost be possible, maybe if the Sox threw in Adkins or Cotts possibly.

You are 100% right. Unless Hudson's next 3-4 year deal is pre-negotiated and approved by JR then don't make the deal. Don't give up Carlos Lee for a renta-player.

Same with Zito.

You are 100% right.  Unless Hudson's next 3-4 year deal is pre-negotiated and approved by JR then don't make the deal.  Don't give up Carlos Lee for a renta-player.

Same with Zito.

That's the exact reason why they dealt for Garcia, they knew they could get him locked up. Hudson as a FA could get a big - time contract though, so every GM needs to be aware of that, and get him locked up.

Here's my question. The Dodgers seem to have the best offer according to the stuff I've heard on the radio.

That would be Edwin Jackson, Cora, and a minor leaguer (not one of their ace pitching prospects).

So lets assume this, Brandon McCarthy, Willie Harris, and Felix Diaz or Arnie Munoz.

Or the Sox could offer Bmac, Harris and spin Konerko for some prospects and send one of them towards Oakland.

Do not deal Lee. At the same time I must say Hudson would give the Sox one of the best rotations in baseball and it may be near worth it no matter what the price. Assuming they resign him.

Here's my question.  The Dodgers seem to have the best offer according to the stuff I've heard on the radio.

That would be Edwin Jackson, Cora, and a minor leaguer (not one of their ace pitching prospects). 

So lets assume this, Brandon McCarthy, Willie Harris, and Felix Diaz or Arnie Munoz. 

Or the Sox could offer Bmac, Harris and spin Konerko for some prospects and send one of them towards Oakland.

Do not deal Lee.  At the same time I must say Hudson would give the Sox one of the best rotations in baseball and it may be near worth it no matter what the price.  Assuming they resign him.

If that's all it took, then it seems like a no brainer to me.

If that's all it took, then it seems like a no brainer to me.

I'm very leary in dealing McCarthy, but to get Hudson and get him locked up without giving up Garland its doable. But McCarthy and Garland can't be a part of the same package and McCarthy can't be part of any package for Vazquez.

Also, I'd even give up Bmac, Anderson, and one of Konerko, etc for Hudson. If it meant keeping Lee I'm all for it. I bet the A's would be rather interested if the Sox could spin Konerko for a prospect and a starting pitcher (just a solid one).

Still I hate giving up Bmac, but its a no brainer if your getting Huddy.

Rowand is not a leadoff hitter I would want him to hit 3rd in front of Frank if we remove Lee from our team.

A leadoff hitter typically only leads off once and that is in the beginning of the game. He could end up being the 4th batter in the bottom of the 5th inning, therefore hitting cleanup????

A leadoff hitter typically only leads off once and that is in the beginning of the game. He could end up being the 4th batter in the bottom of the 5th inning, therefore hitting cleanup????

But his rbi oppurtunities will be drastically decreased in the lead-off hole rather than if he was batting third.

But it is a guarantee he will have 1 out of his 4+ AB's at least leading off. It also is a good way to set it up for the better part of your order.

Still I hate giving up Bmac, but its a no brainer if your getting Huddy.

Of course its a no brainer. BMac is showing some great potential but hell we're just hoping he has a chance to develop into a pitcher that does what Hudson can do. Hudson has already done it.

Come on people. Are there really people who think we shouldn't include BMac in a trade that brings us Hudson?

Of course its a no brainer.  BMac is showing some great potential but hell we're just hoping he has a chance to develop into a pitcher that does what Hudson can do.  Hudson has already done it.

Come on people.  Are there really people who think we shouldn't include BMac in a trade that brings us Hudson?

Hudson has 1 year left on his contract.