New Sox Fans...

Indywallin

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard. :cheers

I am one of the moderators here, along with Gene Honda Civic(who you will almost undoubtedly hear referred to as Cheat), and DBAH0 is also a moderator of Pale Hose Talk, along with all the other forums.

You should enjoy the site a lot. Just remember that most of these people are hard core fans...which means you will catch on quickly and will fit right in :)

Welcome aboard. Your families story was really interesting and its great to have your family as Sox fans and a part of this site now.

Looks like its going to be a really fun offseason. Kenny's made some moves to improve the club and open up the possibilities of making a trade to bring in one more starter. They also seem to have between 4-6 million to sign up a platoon infielder and a potential replacement for Lee or Konerko (if dealt).

Hey all...

I guess you could say I am the "newest" White Sox fan. My family and I were featured in an article printed in the Chicago Tribune. We solicited every MLB team with the intentions on finding one franchise to cheer for. The White Sox blew away the competition by a landslide.

Katie Kirby and her staff have been unbelievable in their efforts of recruiting my family. In addition, Brooks Boyer took the time to personally contact me and welcome my family to the White Sox family. He suggested that I check out Soxtalk.com to get a feel for the passion of White Sox fans.

I look forward to posting with you all and catching up on White Sox history. My family and I look forward to meeting many of you this season at US Cellular.

Now, on to the important stuff...

Who will be the Sox fifth starter?

Juan Uribe an everyday starter at Short, really?

Is Konerko going to be around come Opening Day?

Can Jermaine Dye fill Magg's shoes?

Do the Sox have a competant player at Second, Third and Catcher???

Is there a hot prospect on the farm?

Can I find a place to park near the ballpark?

Nice to be a Sox fan!!!

Indywallin :)

Welcome :headbang Glad you chose to come here... :cheers

Greetings and Salutations Indywallin!! Glad to have you aboard.

One other thing I like about the Sox is the diversity. The fans and the players are real diverse. From rich to poor, black, white, hispanic, asian. I've been to about 10 different MLB stadiums and it doesn't get as diverse as the Southsiders.

Being a beginning Sox fan I also suggest you research famous Sox quotes and study up. You will constantly hear and see quotes like "He gawn" and "Grab some bench" and "You can put it on the boooooooaaard yyyyyyyeeeeesss" and "Pick to click". It's very important that you know these and use them often. For example, if one of you daughters wants to go to the park you should respond by saying:

"You can go to the paaaaaarrrrkkkk yyyyyyyeeeeessss!"

or if they want pizza for dinner you can say:

"You can order a pizzaaaaaaa yyyyyyyeeeeeesssss!"

Welcome to the board, and more importantly to the community of Sox fans. Your's is a very unique story and I have to give you credit for a very ingenious idea. To contact each of the MLB teams to see who wanted you the most, well ... Wow! That's awesome.

:cheers

I'm another administrator here, and it looks like you're the newest celebrity. Looks like you've seen first-hand how great Brooks and the gang are. Don't hesitate to contact any of us through email or what have you if you need anything. We may be kind of a rough motley crew of fans who don't get along at times, but we all agree that we're in it for the long haul to see OUR Sox win a WS!

Welcome to Soxtalk,

Alex