Wade Miller non-tendered

SoIL

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Astros non-tendered RHP Wade Miller.

Lance Berkman, Roy Oswalt, Mike Lamb, Brandon Duckworth, Peter Munro and Tim Redding were all tendered. Miller will get more from another team than he would have in arbitration from the Astros. If his shoulder was sound, he shouldn't have had any trouble getting Russ Ortiz money. As is, expect offers from the usual suspects. The Yankees and Red Sox will try to bring him in to as a sixth starter, and the Mariners and Dodgers could promise him rotation spots. Dec. 20 - 9:03 pm et

No suprise that teams will be interested in Miller. The guy is usually a horse in the 2nd half of the season, and just comes on stronger, which would be huge for a team like the White Sox. And you know the Sox are interested in him because they almost traded Carlos Lee for him.

He was probably only gonna make about 4-5 million in arbitration.  My guess is that the Astros are trying to save every penny they have to throw at Beltran.

I would love to add Miller.  I'd take Miller over Clement, Perez, and Lowe.

I certainly wouldn't take him over Clement. Miller's injuries take him down too many notches.