Good News

AddisonStSox

Well, perhaps the Dodgers will withdrawl from the AJP hunt.

Per Rotoworld

The Dodgers have agreed in principle to send Shawn Green and cash to the Diamondbacks for two players, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Dioner Navarro will be one of the players, assuming that the Randy Johnson trade goes through.

Take it for what its worth, but I know the Dodgers have fancied Navarro for quite some time. With the addition of Navarro, I think the Dodgers will now withdraw from the AJP hunt and stand pat with their current catching core.

Remember, AJP is expected to be signed by week's end.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KW gets an A+ for the offseason if he lands AJP.

He was pretty much #1 on my list for the Sox to land this offseason, just because it'll make folks totally forget about ever losing Miguel Olivo.

Sure, he's not that great defensively, but his bat from the lefthanded side and his ability to draw the ire of the other team to me makes up for his downfalls defensively.

Mark it down, while we hate him now, this guy will be a fan favorite if we are able to land him.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
Well, perhaps the Dodgers will withdrawl from the AJP hunt.

Per Rotoworld

The Dodgers have agreed in principle to send Shawn Green and cash to the Diamondbacks for two players, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Dioner Navarro will be one of the players, assuming that the Randy Johnson trade goes through.

Take it for what its worth, but I know the Dodgers have fancied Navarro for quite some time.  With the addition of Navarro, I think the Dodgers will now withdraw from the AJP hunt and stand pat with their current catching core.

Remember, AJP is expected to be signed by week's end.

Not quite. He's a year away. We'll see if the Dodgers want to rush him.

Maybe a Ross/Navarro platoon is in the works. I just can't see DePodesta signing AJP with the catcher-of-the-future only a year or so away.

EDIT: I quoted the wrong post sorry. :P Still getting the hang of these upgrades. This post was made in response to 562004's question.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 07:16 PM)
Granted we need a catcher upgrade..But am I the only one that doesn't want AJP in here? I just don't see him helping us at all, being more of a problem than a help esp in the clubhouse, and what about those rumors about him watching the twins games?

lol let him watch the twins games he will know all their weaknesses.... he might like them but he isnt going to do purposely bad against them.

There has to be a lot of cash going the Dbacks way otherwise this move makes absolutely no sense to me. I just don't see acquiring Green, paying his mega huge contract this year and signing him to an extension and giving up a guy like Navarro plus a starting pitching prospect or even two more prospects.

Good move by the dodgers, but I'm thinking they must be sending 6 mill or so at the very least. But I haven't really understood what Arizona is doing. I'll say this, they are a much better team then they were last year, but I still don't agree with them.

Ortiz, Webb, Vazquez isn't all that bad of a 1-3.

Also, don't forget that this deal gives the Dodgers some payroll flexibility. My guess is they may re-enter for Odalis Perez or of course have the money to get Pyrz for a year. Thats simply because I don't think any catcher at 20 is truly ready for a full season in the majors, although Joe Mauer was a rare exception to that and Navarro seems to be potentially the real deal.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 11:55 AM)
Crap.. if Kenny keeps doing things like this I'm not going to have anything to b**** about at the Q&A.. LOL

Steff, wouldn't it be funny if you and got on the mic and actually gave Kenny praise. I think he'd probably fall off the stage in shock, lol.

Here's to hoping were all feeling good about the team by then and I think we will be :D

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
Steff, wouldn't it be funny if you and got on the mic and actually gave Kenny praise.  I think he'd probably fall off the stage in shock, lol. 

Here's to hoping were all feeling good about the team by then and I think we will be  :D

Praise... I wouldn't go that far.. but I'll try not to :nono at him this year. :lol:

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
Crap.. if Kenny keeps doing things like this I'm not going to have anything to b**** about at the Q&A.. LOL

I think if we sign AJ then that'll silence the last of the remaining KW haters........for the time being anyway.

I think he's done a fine job this offseason even if we dont land AJ for whatever reason. We're head and shoulders above where we were last season IMHO.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)
I think if we sign AJ then that'll silence the last of the remaining KW haters........for the time being anyway.

I think he's done a fine job this offseason even if we dont land AJ for whatever reason.  We're head and shoulders above where we were last season IMHO.

I agree, I think adding AJ would make us a near lock to win the division this year..

our pitching is better than it has been in a while

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
I don't buy the cancer for the clubhouse thing.  I love players with attitude.  When Jamie was blindsided by Hunter last year, I was sickened to see every member of our team just sit there and take it.

Not sure I could agree more.

The one thing this team has been missing is that asshole who will make teams think twice about what they are going to do next time. We get that, to an extent, in AJ.

There is never anything wrong with adding a catcher who will hit .300 15 70 .850 in all likelyhood for your team.

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but what evidence do we have to know that A.J. is even considering the White Sox? It's been rumored that approximately 6 teams have offered him a contract. With Varitek signing with the Red Sox, I would have thought that A.J. would have decided on a team by now. I hope we get him, but I can't say I'm optimistic about our chances right now.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
I don't buy the cancer for the clubhouse thing.  I love players with attitude.  When Jamie was blindsided by Hunter last year, I was sickened to see every member of our team just sit there and take it.

What would you have liked to see them do? That was a clean play.

KW would get an A- in my mind if he is able to land AJ purely because I thought he could have done a little bit better then El Duque and maybe tried to get either Pierre or Castillo instead of S-Pod.

Let me tell you if El Duque is throwing the same way he was last year, this rotation could be very scary. he really lokked like Shingo with his offspeed pitch. Like I said, it all depends on Contreras, if he bombs, so does our rotation.