So what do I do with my Maggs Jersey?

UofIChiSox

With Maggs out of here, what do I do with the jersey that I got last Christmas?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. With Maggs out of here, what do I do with the jersey that I got last Christmas?

• Wear it proudly, it's retro now!
    • Try to sell it, TRAITOR!
    • Hide it in my closet.
    • Try to get the Ordonez and 30 removed.
    • Just throw it away.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
Keep it, but bury it for a couple years.  Down the road, all will be forgiven and he'll still be considered one of the best Sox players ever.  That is unless he wins a WS with someone else and is the MVP.

Exactly!

PS Is it OK that I wear my Herbert Perry jersey?

I empathize with this, and it is one reason why I don't put a players name and number on the back of a jersey. There is nowhere near as much loyalty from either the team or the player these days, but that is another subject totally.

I do have two Maggs Ordonez Bobble Heads up for grabs though, both in the box :D

QUOTE(JimH @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
I empathize with this, and it is one reason why I don't put a players name and number on the back of a jersey.  There is nowhere near as much loyalty from either the team or the player these days, but that is another subject totally.

I do have two Maggs Ordonez Bobble Heads up for grabs though, both in the box  :D

I've been able to wear my Frank jersey for quite sometime, and I think that one will always be in style. :D I want to get an authentic one this year though.

QUOTE(JimH @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 10:30 AM)
I empathize with this, and it is one reason why I don't put a players name and number on the back of a jersey.  There is nowhere near as much loyalty from either the team or the player these days, but that is another subject totally.

I do have two Maggs Ordonez Bobble Heads up for grabs though, both in the box  :D

I agree 100%. I either leave it blank, go with my last name or I go with an all star sox from the past...that never goes out of style.

Players leave to dam easy. I always did that with the Bears too. No matter how much I liked a player...I wouldn't get their name and number. I stuck with Payton or Butkus. Although my wife got me an Urlacher jersey and since he signed a long contract, I'm hoping he's around for awhile, but who knows :huh

As for your dilemma...I would keep it...Mags could be a hall of famer if he ever gets healthy.

I'd just hang on to it for a while. Consider the jersey on "suspension."

Never, ever put your own name the back of a jersey. You might as well say ... "Hey! I'm a dork."

Fisk, Ventura, Aparicio, Fox, Thomas, John, Horlen, Peters, Allen .... any of those guys would be good on a Sox jersey. But then, I've always been partial to Tommy John, Joel Horlen and Gary Peters, so maybe that's just me.