Buerhle Injury Update

quickman

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that the Boss once sent Jose to Tampa to start the year to straigthen things out with Billy Connors. That would be an option if he pitches poorly over the next few weeks, BMac pitches well, and Buehrle comes back strong. THat's a lot of what ifs so I see Jose pitching one of the first five games of 05

I love watching Contreras pitch but he is truly Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. One outing he's unhittable and another he can't find the plate.

It just the same ol' count.

He has 2 wild pitches and 1 HBP today...

Today he was lights out. Tomorrow he'll get rocked.  Nothing has changed

Beat me to it. :lol:

Edited by Jabroni

i think that contreras might take a look at this outting and think something like:

"hey, it worked... i did what they have been asking and it was pretty good! if i keep working at these things like throwing more fastballs to set up my out pitches, mixing it up from time to time, and trying to go after hitters more in effort to be agressive and lower my pitch count... i might just be able to live up to my potential now!"

but then again, he dosent seem to be the smartest guy... and looks like a primitave monkey... so he probably thought:

"YAHY! fun me do good fun!"

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
Remember that the Boss once sent Jose to Tampa to start the year to straigthen things out with Billy Connors. That would be an option if he pitches poorly over the next few weeks, BMac pitches well, and Buehrle comes back strong. THat's a lot of what ifs so I see Jose pitching one of the first five games of 05

This is a very good point..

If I'm not mistaken(which could be entirely possible) he has one more option year left. (I'm not sure what his situation is because he was signed to a ML deal straight from Cuba) But he's only had 2 years in America, and both he spent stints in the minors. He should be able to be sent down one more time. -- Though that would make for an expensive minor leaguer.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 08:58 AM)
better to be conservative with Buehrle.

trying to pitch with foot or leg problems can often lead to shoulder problems.

Buehrle is too valuable to rush at any point.

I hope they let him heal properly, get in his rehab and then bring him north in mid to late May.

as for the fifth starter, i'm not convinced BMac is the right choice.

Damn, the kid started last season in Low A ball.

He's barely spent any time in AA.

Garland was lights out in the minors, too. It ain't as easy when the real red light comes on. Rather see the kid pitch in Charlotte.

If it is, in fact, 4-6 weeks then he should be ready around the 1st week in May. This is not the end of the world at all. A bad break to be certain, but life will go on.

:gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox1: :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
Ok,  I only read the 1st half of the thread and my head started spinning.

So he's gonna be back on or near opening day?

Jabroni already posted this but...

After playing catch for 10 minutes today, Mark Buehrle said he didn't even think it was necessary that he skip one start because of his foot injury.

Buehrle won't pitch Thursday, but it looks like he will be ready for Opening Day. ''Just maybe on Opening Day I might have to go one less inning than I originally wanted,'' he said. Mar. 22 - 9:21 pm et

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...ort=MLB&id=6525

Latest News  Mar. 24, 2005 - 8:11 am et

Mark Buehrle thinks he is 100% recovered from his brief but scary foot injury.

''It's normal, I can't feel anything,'' Buehrle said. ''It's just like you walking or anybody else walking. I feel nothing. They haven't been doing too much with it, just taking it slow, but everything I've done like the running I've done, I come in the next day and it's not sore. Every day I come in, it's getting better.''

Source:  Chicago Sun-Times

This was all a big mistake...and I have the scoop. What happened was the Baseball Gods told their "injury peeps" to "injure one of those Chicago pitchers"...but when the news broke that Buehrle broke his foot, the Baseball Gods exclaimed, "Mark Burhrle?! You idiots...when we say injure one of those Chicago pitchers, we mean Prior or Wood...now go fix Buehrle and do your job properly."

So the following day Buehrle is magically healed and today Kerry Wood misses his start due to a 'sore back'.

I still wonder why I'm considered superstitious...

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
This was all a big mistake...and I have the scoop.  What happened was the Baseball Gods told their "injury peeps" to "injure one of those Chicago pitchers"...but when the news broke that Buehrle broke his foot, the Baseball Gods exclaimed, "Mark Burhrle?!  You idiots...when we say injure one of those Chicago pitchers, we mean Prior or Wood...now go fix Buehrle and do your job properly."

So the following day Buehrle is magically healed and today Kerry Wood misses his start due to a 'sore back'.

I still wonder why I'm considered superstitious...

This sounds entiely logical to me. The "goat guy" (can't recall his name) went to the Baseball Gods to reinforce the curse.