And That's a White Sox Winner!!!!!

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 01:48 AM)
I honestly have to say, I hate Ozzie ball. It's a boring brand of baseball. The game goes so quick. I feel jipped. I should've gotten half off for the seats I paid.

No, but speaking of small-ball, I hope that Hawk doesn't get 'small-ball' happy on the next telecast. Konerko doubled, and Dye's sacrafice was almost a homer -- but, Dye's sac fly was really only the 'small-ball' part of the inning. Rowand's ground ball was more 'we-got-lucky-that-Peralta-bobbled-it-and-sometimes-it's-better-to-be-lucky-than-good, ball' (out of breath).

I will, however, agree that this was a superb display of pitching and defense.

Either way, awesome win, and go get 'em on Wednesday, Freddy and company. :)

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
Rowand's ground ball was more 'we-got-lucky-that-Peralta-bobbled-it-and-sometimes-it's-better-to-be-lucky-than-good, ball' (out of breath).

Agreed.

But nite, I disagree w/ you a bit. I don't like smallball, but I don't see how it's boring. I think the whole Westbrook-Podsednik chess match was a hell of a lot of fun to watch, even if it doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of wins.

Btw, who else laughed when AJ made as if to bunt?

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
Agreed.

But nite, I disagree w/ you a bit.  I don't like smallball, but I don't see how it's boring.  I think the whole Westbrook-Podsednik chess match was a hell of a lot of fun to watch, even if it doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of wins.

Btw, who else laughed when AJ made as if to bunt?

I sure did. It was hilarious. I was like AJ better not be bunting.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 07:48 PM)
I honestly have to say, I hate Ozzie ball. It's a boring brand of baseball. The game goes so quick. I feel jipped. I should've gotten half off for the seats I paid.

I felt the same way dude. Its going to be boring...home runs will be few and far between as well as rare.

"White Sox baseball...deal with it."

QUOTE(Beastly @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
I felt the same way dude. Its going to be boring...home runs will be few and far between as well as rare.

That is bulls*** and you know it.

You must have seen how nasty Westbrook was today. I'm surprised we got one run off of him. Not every pitcher will look as sharp as Jake did today.

Edited by El Piervizdyeguchansodnik

I personally love watching a team move a runner a long, lay down a bunt, hit a sac fly, etc. I'd rather watch that then see a ball fly out of the park. Personally I don't care how exciting it is or how they do it, I just want the sox to win, period.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Beastly @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 03:51 AM)

I'd comment, but I like Soxtalk too much to get banned from it...

Tony's comments will do.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)

200+ homeruns will not be enough for you this year?

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
200+ homeruns will not be enough for you this year?

How many our we on pace for after today? Oh yes none. God, someone disagrees with the style of play and they get flamed. It's not like we're another team's trolls. We all want the Sox to win. We just feel the style of play boring.

Smallball can definitely be boring, but it is fulfilling when they do it right. I'd rather they be boring and win than be exciting and lose. Besides, a sac fly when it's close and late is pretty exciting to me.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 11:37 PM)
How many our we on pace for after today? Oh yes none. God, someone disagrees with the style of play and they get flamed. It's not like we're another team's trolls. We all want the Sox to win. We just feel the style of play boring.

I flamed no one. It was an honest question. This game had nothing to do with small ball anyway. They just couldn't hit.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
I didn't go up to there but when I was outside the park I saw the race Scott Podsednik thing was functioning so that was atleast up, not sure about the rest.

That's more challenging than their original idea: Race Paul Konerko.

QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)
That's more challenging than their original idea: Race Paul Konerko.

They still have that one... It's in the Bullpen Sports Bar. First you have to chug a beer. Then you have to run carrying another, full beer. If you spill any beer, run while drinking, or don't finish your entire beer Pauly wins. That's the only way he has a chance.

QUOTE(joemg311 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 01:29 AM)
don't dis wheels konerko

:lolhitting You know as soon as Konerko saw the dribbler hit in the infield as he took off for home, he was thinking "Aw f***, I'm about to look silly on this one"

Great start for the year for the Sox, Buerhle looked fantastic, which was really good to see because the Indians seem to be the one team that have bothered him over the years, plus it came at the Cell, where his pitching numbers weren't exactly great last season either. Not so great with the hitting, but Westbrook pitched damn good as well, plus it's only day one, you'll take a win any way you can.