Game Thread 5-9-2005 Sox .vs. Rays

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

devil ray

Any of several large rays of the genera Manta and Mobula, in which two ‘horns’ project forwards from the sides of the huge mouth. These flaps of skin guide the plankton, on which the fish feed, into the mouth.

The largest of these rays can be 7 m/23 ft across, and weigh 1,000 kg/2,200 lb. They live in warm seas.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/reference/encyclo...n/m0007571.html

The More You Know ;)

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 9, 2005 -> 03:11 AM)
I remeber that great Colon game ont he 4th of July where Koch gave up the bomb to Crawford. Uh. LEt's erase those types of memories by taking care of business. As bad as Nomo-san is, we haven't had a lot of guys see him too much so hopefully we do take a good approach

Please god no Botch memories. :crying

Anyway, Garcia has struggled against these guys the last few years. He better be on his game. Hopefully our offense can have it's way with Hideo, who's having a HORRIBLE year.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 9, 2005 -> 04:11 AM)
I remeber that great Colon game ont he 4th of July where Koch gave up the bomb to Crawford. Uh. LEt's erase those types of memories by taking care of business. As bad as Nomo-san is, we haven't had a lot of guys see him too much so hopefully we do take a good approach

I was there at that game 2 years ago, and it was not good. We dropped 2 of 3 that series. :angry:

This year I'm only able to pull away to head across state for the day game Wednesday (stupid work), but I look forward to seeing Duque pitch... looking to extend the streak to 11 by then hopefully... :gosox4: :gosox4: :gosox4:

QUOTE(Brian @ May 9, 2005 -> 08:46 AM)
Good week to have Crawford in fantasy leagues. With Jose and Duque pitching, he may get tons of steals. KEEP HIM OFF THE BAGS!

Uh, can you imagine how many steals Pods can get off of Nomo?! If he gets on base, he can make a 4-steal game look weak.

Freddy, Jose and The Duke have pitched well against the D-Rays. Granted, they are the AL East version of the Royals.

Although let's not get ahead of ourselves. They are one of the top teams in SB's, so when they get on base Sweet Lou will have them run. AJ and Widger better be ready.

I'm look for 2 out of 3 at least.

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 9, 2005 -> 01:03 AM)
Playing one of the worst teams in the AL should be easy.......right?

I'm sure Boston and the Yankees thought so.. :ph34r: One series at a time..

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 9, 2005 -> 12:12 PM)
Hey you're back!  Congrats and how'd it go?!

Amazing!!!

I'm actually heading out.. just had to clean up a few things from being gone last week but I'll be back tomorrow. Mike and Brian can give some of the details as it was an awesome night... the intro kicked ass!!! :headbang

QUOTE(Steff @ May 9, 2005 -> 12:17 PM)
Amazing!!!

I'm actually heading out.. just had to clean up a few things from being gone last week but I'll be back tomorrow. Mike and Brian can give some of the details as it was an awesome night... the intro kicked ass!!! :headbang

Great time, make sure you try the pork!!!! Best mob wedding I have ever been too. :P :ph34r: :cheers