McCarthy actually gave up 2 homers...

Jabroni

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 23, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)
If you look closely you can see that Burnitz is clearly IN the weeds on the wall...

...I'd blow that up for an extreme closeup, but I'm too busy today....

:D

They really should remove those baskets, maybe put up a little fence or something to keep the drunks from falling over the wall instead.

I'm thinking spikes to impail themselves on would be more effective...

[authors note, no green text was on purpose]

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 23, 2005 -> 07:48 AM)
Good for them...If they are goin to have the baskets then fix them up so the ball actually stays in the basket when hit into it...That place is such a s***hole. It is unbelievable that they don't fix anything when they sell out every game.

My dad (a Cubs Fan) and i were talking about that same thing. I have seen a TON fo times where the ball wwent THROUGHT the bottom of the net and was either seen as a ball off the wall or was later corrected to a home run after protect from a manager.

We both agreed there is NO reason those nets should not be attached at the bottom to stop balls from going through. Is it really so hard to run a wire throught net at the bottom then attach the wire to the wall every 3 feet or so?

LOL...it's Wrigley. They could probably just save money if they have the same company that puts in the troughs install a jumbo trough in place of the basket. It'd match the smell of the place, that's for sure.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2005 -> 08:03 AM)
The size of the seams looks proportional to the ball.  Also the sun/shadowns going into the ivy when added to an extreme zoom, could play with the color.

Plus I did a little visual aiding here.  If you look at the yellow lines, each of them follows a piece of the fencing grid.  Then all of the sudden when you get to the ball, that pattern breaks, and turns into the exact same curvature that the seams of a baseball would have.  I don't think there is any doubt that this ball was under, not in, the fencing.

I don't have time right now to read this whole thing, but FWIW you just convinced me.

Also the fans right above it weren't even mad. One guy disputed it for a second and then stopped. If it had been a homerun that part of the crowd would have been going nuts.

Credespopup might be right, but the "shadow" is on the other side of the ball. :huh

Edited by KipWellsFan

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 23, 2005 -> 08:43 AM)
The baskets are there so the drunken idiot Flubs fans don't grab every ball that flies near the wall and interfere with the game.

also keeps the semen from killing the grass

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ May 23, 2005 -> 06:17 PM)
Also the fans right above it weren't even mad.  One guy disputed it for a second and then stopped.  If it had been a homerun that part of the crowd would have been going nuts.

Exactly right. There would've been outrage in the bleachers.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 23, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
LOL...it's Wrigley. They could probably just save money if they have the same company that puts in the troughs install a jumbo trough in place of the basket. It'd match the smell of the place, that's for sure.

And some drunk Cub fan would get confused about where he was, stand up and let fly. You KNOW it would happen. :lolhitting

Actually, if you do some simple research, the baskets were put in so that none of those drunken dumbf***s could fall on the field and injure themselves.

I say take down the baskets and let the idiots fall headfirst on the field all day long. It will just purify the gene pool by getting rid of the terminally stupid.

:headbang

A little off topic but I hadnt been to wrigley in like 15 years....at that time i was just a boy.....that place really does blow.....Stupid 30 dollar terrace seats all you can see is the infield and everytime the ball is popped up you think its gonna be hit out cause the dumbass fans cant tell the difference from an infield fly and a jack. Plus I stood on the fence basically the whole game cause my seats were occupied by a group of like 15 scrubs fans and I didnt even want to deal with kicking some of them out and then sitting in between a bunch of numbnuts the whole game....its ok though we joined the other sox group on the fence gave some of those bastards hell, especially the rent a cop that stole the broom from one of our faithful.....of yea and whats with the freakin camera squad.....what is this Great America....Sir you can get your picture keychain at the door for $35