SOX vs. Angels 5-30-05

QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ May 30, 2005 -> 04:26 AM)
Win or lose tomorrow, it will be nice to see The Big Hurt back.  I'll have my 1990 Thomas jersey on, for all you I-HATE-CREDE haters.

LMAO.

ok, ok.

Maybe you're not so bad after all.

;)

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The game better be sold out. It's a holiday, half-pirce day, we have the best record in baseball, we're playing a first place team that we don't see very often, it's an afternoon game, ect. Get your ass out to the park if you can!

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ May 29, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
True, lets hope they don't decide to wake up against us this series..Tomorrows game is huge..gotta stop the bleeding

With Frank Thomas coming back to the lineup and MB on the bump I think we have about as good a chance as we can have to get a W tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I'll be there in the lower box cheering the boys on!!

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro: :headbang

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
So how many people do you think will be at the game? I am thinking sellout or close to it,35,000, but my friend says he doesnt think it will be even close, only about 30,000.  What do you guys think?

I wish I could be there but prior family commitment won't let me :crying :crying I'll be there tuesday though.

I think the big standing ovation that Frank will get today (by the way i'll be there in sec 151) will help boost our teams spirits and offense. I expect the whole offense to be solid today- and hopefully it will carry on into June. :gosox3:

"Thomas back to spike Sox's weak punch

Slugger returning to lineup vs. Angels"

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...ack=1&cset=true

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Here comes the cavalry.

Manager Ozzie Guillen confirmed Sunday that Frank Thomas will be in the White Sox's lineup Monday when they play a Memorial Day afternoon game against the Los Angeles Angels.

"Anytime you get a Hall of Famer back in your lineup, that's not a bad thing," first baseman Paul Konerko said.

"We're looking forward to getting him back. We've done all right without him, but he should help us."

Thomas will take over for the slumping Carl Everett as the designated hitter, most likely facing the Angels' Jarrod Washburn on Monday. Thomas hasn't played since July 6, but the Sox believe his left ankle has finally recovered after surgery in September.

"He's healthy and ready to help this team," Guillen said. "Our offense will be better. He'll take the pressure off a couple of guys."

Thomas was 8-for-42 in 11 games during his rehabilitation assignment at Triple-A Charlotte. He had only two extra-base hits and one homer, which came in a three-RBI game Saturday night.

"Frank says he's fine," Guillen said. "Our big concern now is how he feels. I know he's going to hit. I'm concerned about how he's running."

The Sox certainly can use the help. They have lost three games in a row and scored only 27 runs on the 4-5 trip that ended Sunday.

Everett has driven in 30 runs this season, second only to Konerko on the Sox's roster. He had a single and two walks in Sunday's 12-4 loss to Texas but is in an 11-for-68 slump over his last 21 games.

While the switch-hitting Everett has historically been a better hitter left-handed, he has done much better from the right side (.347) than the left (.179) this season.

That could make it tough for Guillen to get work for both Thomas and Everett.

Thomas will replace pitcher Brandon McCarthy, who was optioned to Charlotte.