White Sox at Detroit Tigers 6/28 6:05

Alright, a lot of you need to get this nasty losing-two-of-three from the Chicago Cubs taste out of your mouth and this is just the series to do that.

I'll try my hand at one of these game threads a day in advance.

Mark Buehrle 9-1 2.48 v. Nate Robertson 3-5 3.66

:gosox1: :gosox4: :gosox1:

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 10:11 AM)
Let's go Mark.  You'll be back on this exact bump in another week anyway.  Possibly, starting.  Let's start another 8-gamer.

:gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:  :gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:

You mean "Let's start another 9-gamer!"

GO SOX and Buerhle...

QUOTE(S720 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
You mean "Let's start another 9-gamer!"

GO SOX and Buerhle...

We havn't had a 9 game winning streak all year. We've had three 8 game winning streaks. Am I missing something?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
We havn't had a 9 game winning streak all year. We've had three 8 game winning streaks. Am I missing something?

My bad. I thought the Friday win was the nineth. I guess I miscalculated!

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 01:49 AM)
Let's sweep the road trip and come home happy and still the best team.....

Honestly, I'll take 3 wins in Detroit, and 1 in Oakland. I know it sounds bad, but that damn Oakland park has some weird hex on us.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 12:51 AM)
Honestly, I'll take 3 wins in Detroit, and 1 in Oakland. I know it sounds bad, but that damn Oakland park has some weird hex on us.

Screw that. We need to learn to win those tough series, regardless of who or where it is. Can't win the whole enchilada if you can't do that.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 01:01 AM)
Screw that.  We need to learn to win those tough series, regardless of who or where it is.  Can't win the whole enchilada if you can't do that.

We get Haren/Harden/Zito out there.... Oakland has been about the best team in baseball (save the Nats) since the calender turned to June. They have, no doubt, been the best pitching staff in baseball since the calender changed to June (2.98 ERA).

Haren and Harden are horses. They're fricken good. Zito, well he's got a Cy Young. That's going to be one hella tough series.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
We get Haren/Harden/Zito out there.... Oakland has been about the best team in baseball (save the Nats) since the calender turned to June. They have, no doubt, been the best pitching staff in baseball since the calender changed to June (2.98 ERA).

Haren and Harden are horses. They're fricken good. Zito, well he's got a Cy Young. That's going to be one hella tough series.

And the likes of Nick Swisher are really starting to swing the bat well now.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 12:11 AM)

Well they get Contreras/Garland/Buehrle no walk in the park either. We'll get 'em, I got a good feeling about that series, I just think we're finally going to win there. Anyways, first things first, gotta beat Detroit.

Well they get Contreras/Garland/Buehrle no walk in the park either.  We'll get 'em, I got a good feeling about that series, I just think we're finally going to win there.  Anyways, first things first, gotta beat Detroit.

Everyone always says that and then we still end up losing those series to the A's. Don't get your hopes up.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
Everyone always says that and then we still end up losing those series to the A's.  Don't get your hopes up.

Remember last time you completely dismissed one of my predictions?? :P

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 01:11 AM)

As I said, we have to win those tough series to be champs.