White Sox vs. Red Sox 7/23 Game Thread

DBAHO

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
I think one thing even this diverse bunch can agree on is that this team needs a shot in the arm offensively.

Yes it does....but our GM is out trying to get a starting pitcher?

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
What a disgrace.

You know, this is the stuff that pisses me off. A disgrace to what?? This team is anything but a disgrace. If you want to vent about this game, go right ahead, tonight was bad but to call this team a disgrace make you an embarrassment to the great fan base the White Sox have.

QUOTE(atrain081 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:52 AM)
I don't mean to bash the Sox here, but this roster will not bring a world series title.  The pitching is there, but you need a complete team.

I won't deny the fact that we need some more CONSISTENT offense. No doubt. But you go up and down over 162 games. Right now is not good.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:55 AM)
Id feel a whole lot better if you bashed them just a bit.  They diserve it right now with the way they are performing in front of sold out games.

I might be the only one that feels this way, but I don't give a flying f*** if the Sox disappoint the big crowds. They deserve big crowds for the rest of the season with how they've played this year. If someone doesn't show up for future games cause they lost the game they went to, then they're not real fans anyways.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:55 AM)
You know, this is the stuff that pisses me off.  A disgrace to what??  This team is anything but a disgrace.  If you want to vent about this game, go right ahead, tonight was bad but to call this team a disgrace make you an embarrassment to the great fan base the White Sox have.

Exactly. I'd be more upset if our pitching was garbage, but it isn't. Buehrle would of pitched better and longer if his defense wasn't garbage on Thurs. Teams slump offensively sometimes. We went 80 some games before ours.

Yes, but with the way we're playing, we're only scoring with the long ball.  PK has swung the bat well lately, so he needs to be in the lineup.

Not sure I agree that Konerko has been swinging the bat well lately. I'm sure someone will bring up the numbers but he has not looked locked in to me at all.

Against those guys with the big curveball I would rather have guys with a shorter swing, unfortunately the only reserve we have with a short swing is Timo, and he's not very good. It comes down to getting better players, every team has some holes ... no team is perfect, so they need a guy who battles off the bench.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:57 AM)
With the way I feel after games like this, I don't even know what I'll do if the Sox somehow don't make the playoffs or get humiliated in the postseason.  That just scares the living hell out of me.

My feeling about the Sox if they don't make the playoffs is real easy: If they don't make the playoffs after having a 13 game lead in mid July, then they didn't deserve to make the playoffs. You couldn't ask to be in a better situation. If they can't make it, then f*** them.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
I won't deny the fact that we need some more CONSISTENT offense.  No doubt.  But you go up and down over 162 games.  Right now is not good.

The offense has been mediocre at best all year. This homestand is just another example. Playing in one of the best hitters parks in the league, going 2-7. We need a bat, but I really doubt KW is gonna get one for us.

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:56 AM)
Gload better call Jeff Gallooly to take care of Timo if he ever wants to have a chance to play.

I really don't want Gload in RF. Konerko is swinging well now. Hopefully get Dye back tomorrow, Gload at 1B and DH Paulie.

Ozzie just said in his postgame conference that Miller threw the ball REAL good. Are you f***ing kidding me?? :stick

I agree with him. Sox hitters helped him, but he did throw the ball well.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
I really don't want Gload in RF. Konerko is swinging well now. Hopefully get Dye back tomorrow, Gload at 1B and DH Paulie.

You haven't seen Ozzie put Timo at 1st base? I know Ross can't play the outfield now.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:59 AM)

Everett in RF, Gload at 1B, Koney DH and Timo where he belongs on the bench kissing Oz's ass.

There has to be better odds of Contreras actually pitching well against Boston than Miller getting through a game unscathed. I think tomorrow is a big game for the psyche of this team. They have already established in their minds that they can't beat Oakland. They are now in the process of establishing in their minds they can't beat Boston. Its very possible both of those teams are in the playoffs. I also hope they make up their minds quickly about Thomas and not let his status drag on like it did last season.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
They'll make the playoffs.  Come September, when the games count, they will come around.

I'm not as worried about that (though I still have a fears that they'll choke somehow), but I'm definitely worried about them getting disgraced in the postseason. If they pull something like they did in 2000 or something like the Mariners did in 2001, I'll probably cry. I'd never be able to believe in them again.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:59 PM)
I agree with him.  Sox hitters helped him, but he did throw the ball well.

Well if throwing about 50 fastballs right down the middle is REAL good, then maybe i should try out for the Sox. :rolly

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)
We play almost nothing but AL Central in September.  That should help us somewhat.

I think the Tigers team, with Shelton, Maggs, and Polanco....is going to be damn good the 2nd half of the season. The Indians are another team that seem like they'll stay strong throughout the rest of the year. What we need to have happen is for these teams to beat up on the Twins, so that neither the Twins or Indians can put together a big run.