- 08-05-05 - Mariners @ Sox -

redandwhite

Last year around this time I came home drunk after a Red Sox victory and started listening to the John Lennon song, "Imagine." It had to have been an omen for me, I kid you not. So I though today after coming home from a White Sox victory I would listen to the same thing.

Imagine there's no heaven,

It's easy if you try,

No hell below us,

Above us only sky,

Imagine all the people

living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,

It isnt hard to do,

Nothing to kill or die for,

No religion too,

Imagine all the people

living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,

I wonder if you can,

No need for greed or hunger,

A brotherhood of man,

Imagine all the people

Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,

but Im not the only one,

I hope some day you'll join us,

And the world will live as one.

------------------------------------------

Imagine a White Sox World Series Championship.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, yeah, okay.

Let's get this kicked off in the way Nuke and myself would see fit.

RIP EMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you think we're going to knock around Pineiro, give me a HELL YEAH!

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:50 AM)
Gay poem thing?

I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan; but, that was a very popular and well-known song.

One of the most famous anti-war ballads of all time, by one of the most famous songwriters of all time as a matter of a fact. Calling it a "gay poem" is pretty narrow minded.

It's a good song, but it has nothing to do with this game thread.

Therefore, it is damn creepy for someone to start a game thread with imagine lyrics.

Also, how can someone like both the Red Sox and the White Sox?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:54 AM)
One of the most famous anti-war ballads of all time, by one of the most famous songwriters of all time as a matter of a fact.  Calling it a "gay poem" is pretty narrow minded.

Amen.

That being said, lets beat these west coast rejects. I hope they didn't bring the rain with them!

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)

Therefore, it is damn creepy for someone to start a game thread with imagine lyrics.

Extremely. And its the same way that most cubs fans in 2003 are Red Sox fans this year.

Hey isnt tonight ELVIS night? Hey i gotta question for you sox fans, im going to the game tonight, and this is the first game in a while where i didnt have a prking pass. Can you still park in those areas if you pay with money? thanks

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
Hey isnt tonight ELVIS night? Hey i gotta question for you sox fans, im going to the game tonight, and this is the first game in a while where i didnt have a prking pass.  Can you still park in those areas if you pay with money?  thanks

You can only park in the green lots if you don't have a pass. To park in the red lots, you need a red coupon. You can always get off at 31st street and see if anyone is selling parking passes on the street.

Hopefully, yesterday's win sets the tone for tonight's game and series. I also hope Jor-El and Freddy didn't party too hard last night.

What good can come out of a suspension for steroids?

For close friends Freddy Garcia and Joel Pineiro, it means they get the rare opportunity to square off against each other in the White Sox' series opener tonight against the Seattle Mariners.

After pitcher Ryan Franklin was suspended for violating Major League Baseball's drug policy, the Mariners were forced to alter their rotation. Franklin was scheduled to pitch tonight, but Pineiro will move up a day.

Garcia and Pineiro were teammates with the Mariners and have been pals ever since Pineiro's brief major-league stint in 2000. The two have grown so close that Pineiro and his family will stay at Garcia's house this weekend at Garcia's insistence.

''At the All-Star break, we talked, and we noticed that I pitched the second game [of the second half] and he pitched the second game,'' Garcia said. ''We talked that we should be in line for the same day.''

A little more fate was needed to make it happen. Now that it's on the schedule, Garcia said no friendly wager was made, and the only extra incentive will be pride.

Pineiro was scheduled to arrive at Garcia's home Thursday night, so Garcia was asked if the two planned to have a good time long into the night.

''We'll just be talking ... I don't know,'' Garcia said. ''His family is here, so we'll see what happens."

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)
Off topic, but just noticed Buehrle will miss the Yankees both series, unless the rotation is mixed up.

No biggie. I think we can handle the Yankees without him. They are not very good.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 11:36 AM)
No biggie.  I think we can handle the Yankees without him.  They are not very good.

They are still 3rd in the majors in runs, 2nd in OBP, 2nd in homers, and 5th in BA.

You kinda want your ace throwing

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:38 AM)

Now if it was Pantera/AC-DC/Metallica thats different.

LETS BEAT THE CRAP OUT THEM

QUOTE(GBlum27 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
They are still 3rd in the majors in runs, 2nd in OBP, 2nd in homers, and 5th in BA.

You kinda want your ace throwing

When Ozzie put people in place for pitching the 2nd half, he did so by trying to get Garland and Buehrle facing the Twins, Red Sox, and Yankees as much as he could. After tomorrow, MB's next 3 starts will be Boston, Minnesota, Minnesota (assuming nothing goes wrong). I can't complain with that reasoning...who would have expected Minnesota to completely implode in late July?