Will the Sox land Griffey?

GasHeGone

Will KW land his dream weaver, Junior Griffey, this summer?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Will KW land his dream weaver, Junior Griffey, this summer?

• Hell yes.
    • Hell no.

Why not? Just turn Rogo into a PTBNL for now and it's the same deal. They get guys who could end up replacing Griffey and Casey, and they get a huge contract off their hands. Other than their stupid owner, I can't see a reason why they wouldn't do this. Griff has said he would come here, and you know KW is dying to make a big move, so I don't see any reason this couldn't happen. If it doesn't, blame Carl Lindner.

No, but I want it to. As far as your idea Dam8610, I heard I think on ESPN that it wouldn't be able to happen because a PTBNL can't be a part of the 40 man roster.

This team needs him, but it won't happen.

no i think its if your a major leaguer then you cant be a ptbnl....but since rogo is a minor leaguer that works out jus spiffy

No!

I just don't see it happening. This has been easily the worst market in atleast a decade for buyers. Even the worst teams, teams that haven't done s*** in years, aren't making any kinda moves this season. Kenny has been able to make multiple impact trades about every year he's been here. But, in a year where we appear to have our best shot at a World Series since 1994, the only move he's been able to pull off is Ryan Meaux for Geoff Blum. That says it all right there.

I got majorly burned at the trade deadline thinking that we were gonna make a big move or two. I'm not about to make the same mistake twice. I suggest everybody forget about Griffey. It ain't happenin.

Edited by Jordan4life_2005

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
Not trying to get anyone's hopes up, just repeating what was told to me. I haven't seen or heard it anywhere. So, we'll see what happens.

No disrespect, but what does repeating something somebody told you gonna accomplish besides getting people's hopes up?

All I have to say, in the most polite way I can, is some people on this board are suckers. There's been nothing that suggests the Reds will trade Griffey Jr. However, every day, there's another 3 threads started about KG Jr. Until you hear reliable information that the Reds are looking to trade KG Jr., go back to rooting for the CURRENT sox team!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 12:40 AM)
All I have to say, in the most polite way I can, is some people on this board are suckers.  There's been nothing that suggests the Reds will trade Griffey Jr.  However, every day, there's another 3 threads started about KG Jr.  Until you hear reliable information that the Reds are looking to trade KG Jr., go back to rooting for the CURRENT sox team!

It may or may not happen, but there's plenty that suggests the Reds might trade Griffey. Usually, where there is smoke, there's fire and it's smoky as hell for over two weeks.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 12:40 AM)
  There's been nothing that suggests the Reds will trade Griffey Jr. 

Oh really? I could have sworn I read that KW and the Reds GM AGREED on the deal but the main Reds owner nixed it. There is also talk of how moving Griffey will affect the value of the franchise, which is up for sale. Nothing at all.

I voted no just so I can be proven wrong.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 05:45 AM)
With the way the club has been playing, our fans have every right to be  :pray  :pray for Jr. to come......

You're telling me! I've been worried about a potential collapse for a few months now, and everyone knows I'm worried that it's not a sure thing we'll make the playoffs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
You're telling me!  I've been worried about a potential collapse for a few months now, and everyone knows I'm worried that it's not a sure thing we'll make the playoffs.

Does it have to be a mathematical certainty before you'll be convinced?