Look who has baseball's best record again

suffering-nomore-sox fan

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
yep, I just saw that like 10 minutes ago. I saw that Maddux got the win against the Cards and had to go look at the records. I don't root for the Cubs, I root for Maddux to get another 15 win season. But that doesn't look possible this year.

He's got 12 wins, the team has I believe 23 games left...that should give him 4 starts the rest of the year...maybe they could push him up to 5 if they really try and they have off days to shuffle people around.

It looks possible...I'm not sure about probable given the team he's pitching for, but it's certainly not yet impossible.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:52 PM)
He's got 12 wins, the team has I believe 23 games left...that should give him 4 starts the rest of the year...maybe they could push him up to 5 if they really try and they have off days to shuffle people around.

It looks possible...I'm not sure about probable given the team he's pitching for, but it's certainly not yet impossible.

Yeah I just looked at the schedule also, I'd really like to see him continue the streak.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
I respect what the guy has done for the game. I rooted for him when he was with the Braves and aslong as he isn't in our division, I might as well root for him.

That's an opinion that you won't see from many Sox fans.

The Cubs are considered a threat because of the Cub fans that the average Chicagoan (who is a Sox fan) has to deal with on a daily basis.

I myself, have no hate towards the Cubs, just marginal pity.

QUOTE(knightni @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)
That's an opinion that you won't see from many Sox fans.

The Cubs are considered a threat because of the Cub fans that the average Chicagoan (who is a Sox fan) has to deal with on a daily basis.

I myself, have no hate towards the Cubs, just marginal pity.

I live outside Chicago, but I suppose I'm still in Cub territory since Iowa has the AAA Cubs but for the most part our team is the Twins. The Cubs aren't going to make the playoffs so I feel as if there is no harm to go for Maddux to get 15 wins in one season again.

(I remember laughing at the beginning of this year when Peter Gammons picked the Twins and Cubs to play in the World Series, I knew they were both doomed from the get go.)

QUOTE(bmags @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)
we're rooting for baseball

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

Edited by southsider2k5

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 12:21 AM)
I respect what the guy has done for the game. I rooted for him when he was with the Braves and aslong as he isn't in our division, I might as well root for him.

are you a sox fan? bottom line, he is on the cubs payroll...hence, NO LOVE.

I too hope he gets to 15 --if he loses all 4 he will be 12-15.

QUOTE(bmags @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)
we're rooting for baseball

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

Edited by southsider2k5

too bad for the cubs, his option is kicking in and he is automatically owed 9 million for next year.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
You're rooting for baseball?  Who gives a f*** if he gets 15 wins.  What does that do?

it keeps a magnificent streak alive, i doubt i'll see a pitcher as consistent for as many years as this guy for a long long time. I don't feel threatened by a cubs pitcher maintaining a record that the majority of happened in another uniform.

Who cares if the cubs win anymore...its like getting mad if the twins win at this point.

Put Maddux in the bullpen and bring him in any time the Cubs have the lead with 2 outs in the 5th.

He could win 20!!!!!!

I don't care either way if he wins 15.

I like listening to the radio when the Cubs are losing, just to hear the groaning and "awwww jeeeeeeeez"es from That Old Cub, Ron "What Hall Of Fame?" Santo.