World Series Tickets go onsale Tues

Allsox

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
I have recruited my mom, dad, and now 4 of my good friends to try for em.  I'm working on getting some more people in.

which one of those stands for me and krush? i'm guessing we're "my mom"

:P

Edited by SnB

QUOTE(hi8is @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
thanks NYsox35!

keep the good info commin!

Well, do you want a real s***ty, cheap place to stay? If so, a few come to mind in Oak Lawn...if you want something more mid range, I can help you with that too.

Here is the transportation info:

here is the bus that takes you down 95th street from Oak lawn to the Chicago "Red Line" train:

http://www.pacebus.com/sub/schedules/route...asp?RouteNo=381

Here is the Red Line Info (you'd take it from 95th to 35th street):

http://www.transitchicago.com/maps/rail/red/95th.pdf

http://www.transitchicago.com/maps/rail/red/Sox-35th.pdf

http://www.transitchicago.com/maps/rail/rail.html

All in all, it's about a 1 hour trip.

Here is a hotel that is cheap but not overly s***ty:

Holiday Inn Chicago-Sw-Oaklawn,Il

4140 West 95th Street, Oak Lawn, IL 60453

(708) 425-7900

Starting Rate: $51

There is an even s***tier place called JC Miami (I think) on 91 and Cicero

Try Ohio house downtown also

600 N. Lasalle

(312) 943-6000

You could take the Red Line from the Grand or Chicago Stops to 35th Street.

Hope that helps

QUOTE(hi8is @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 06:42 PM)
also guys, if you locals could clue me in... where in the chicago vacinaty is a place to stay that has easy access to a train/tram/etc.  ?

like: Rockford

or : Lincolnshire

or any information about public transportation that would show me a website with route info?

im an outter towner with the same heart =D

help an amigo out =D

www.transitchicago.com

this website has all info for public transportation in chicagoland

sorry missed the last post in topic...thought i saw them all sorry for the repost

Edited by THEWOOD

I do not reccomend taking a bus from to/from red line stop at 95th

It is very dangerous The area immediately around 95th Cottage Groove is not a place to be after dark. Take this from someone who knows this place like the back of my hand. This route is fine for taking to the game during "light hours" but watch your pockets valuables, do not have expensive gadgets on you. But at night... after the game... for a ride home... I do not reccomend it at all... travel at your own risk. I have been strong armed robbed, friends, family in this area.

If your staying at the Hilton Oak Lawn just grab the metra up and then take a cab back.... in fact if im in town I will drive you back personally to save your from the horror that has become Cottage Grove

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 02:24 AM)
I do not reccomend taking a bus from to/from red line stop at 95th

It is very dangerous  The area immediately around 95th Cottage Groove is not a place to be after dark.  Take this from someone who knows this place like the back of my hand.  This route is fine for taking to the game during "light hours" but watch your pockets valuables, do not have expensive gadgets on you.  But at night... after the game... for a ride home... I do not reccomend it at all... travel at your own risk.  I have been strong armed robbed, friends, family in this area.

If your staying at the Hilton Oak Lawn just grab the metra up and then take a cab back.... in fact if im in town I will drive you back personally to save your from the horror that has become Cottage Grove

wow, good good good to know

how far is it from the park? any idea how much cabs cost? and would you really be willing to hook me up with a ride?

thanks again amigos.

Still figuring the transportation out, ut I will be sitting at the PC tomorrow when the sale starts, hoping all goes well on my end. If not....

Hey Chisoxfn...Gage....did I ever tell you how good looking a guy you are?? :ph34r: Just let me know when I need to do more asskissing! :P

QUOTE(hi8is @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
wow, good good good to know

how far is it from the park? any idea how much cabs cost? and would you really be willing to hook me up with a ride?

thanks again amigos.

It's not a great area, but personally I think you'd be fine. But then again, I grew up on the south side and took that route to work everyday for a while, so maybe you wouldn't be comfortable.

i look like a bum myself and wont be carrying anything on me

ive stayed on the streets of hollywood alone for a couple days (accually sleeping on the streets)

never been to chi town except for once so i dont know what to expect.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
I haven't looked, but I'd guess hotel prices could get jacked up with the Sox in the series (don't know how many people are traveling in).  Of course typically weekend rates are cheaper because the business travelers are usually at home. 

Sometimes a great place to look or call is a Hyatt or one the nicer hotels that cater to business people.  They tend to be very expensive during the week, but they usually are wide open on weekends and sometimes you can end up getting awesome rooms at a great price (just because a lot of people don't even consider checking with them when trying for a room). 

I know I"ve stayed at Hyatts (in Pittsburgh and Phoenix area) for as low as 49 a night on a weekend.  Not saying it will be that in Chicago, but you never know.  Priceline is always a good bet in Chicago too.

Hotel? Are you kidding? Chicago is the singles capital of the world. Just get your ass on the dance floor in any number of the hot clubs or bars & of course score with some hot cubs chick and sleep at her place. Take a dumper in her toilet and make sure she makes you bfast in bed. And then break the news that you are a SOX fan from Cali and she will fall in love. SURFS UP DUDE!

MORE OF hi8is and less of them!

if i wasnt going with my dad... which i might not be

haha

id consider shaving the lucky beard and buying some new cloths

out here in whoreville (aka hollywood) its not hard at all to pickup one night stands.... so, im sure its not too hard in chitown

i mean, there hasnt been a world series since 59... get your boogie on

and im from california... that says, "hook a brother up" like nothing else

BEGIN DISCLAIMER:

i am in no way shape or form trying to be offensive to any of you females here. im just being a drunk again. if you are offended by anything, dont read anymore of my post.

END DISCLAIMER.

it goes like this:

a) meet chick

B) tell every single one of them that you flew out just to celibrate the sox in a bar

if that dosent work... keep going to the steps below:

c) ask if they are an alchey

if she says no... say your gonna go to the can and find another chick, begin at step "A" again

if she says yes.... proceed to the steps below

c) ask if you can buy a drink

d) after she has the drink, ask if you can buy another

e) after she has that drink, ask if you can buy another

f) after she has that drink, ask if you can buy another

g) after she has that drink, ask if you can buy another

h) after she has that drink, ask if you can buy another

i) after she has that drink, ask if you can buy another

j) after she has that drink, ask if you can buy another

k) after she has that drink, ask if you can buy another

by that time, the alcholic in her will have kicked in and she will want to drive you home. take her keys and offer to drive.

proceed with steps below

l) GET YOUR BOOOOOGY ON ALLLL NIGHT LONG

m) clean up any vomit on yourself

n) find all valueables, collectables, and cash in sight

o) go back to the "bad" parts of town and pawn all her stuff off

QUOTE(hi8is @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
i look like a bum myself and wont be carrying anything on me

ive stayed on the streets of hollywood alone for a couple days (accually sleeping on the streets)

never been to chi town except for once so i dont know what to expect.

Well, look into some different options...My sister and my 95 year old grandfather ride that line and nothing bad has happened to any of my family members.

Let me know if you need more info

I'll be doing this on a laptop, so I won't have a printer on me. If I buy the tickets to Print at Home, do I have to print them out right then or does it send me an email with a link, so I can print it out at a friend's house or something later?

Any help would be great.

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 03:19 AM)
I'll be doing this on a laptop, so I won't have a printer on me.  If I buy the tickets to Print at Home, do I have to print them out right then or does it send me an email with a link, so I can print it out at a friend's house or something later?

Any help would be great.

you can print them later. good luck

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 02:20 PM)
FYI, the Ticketmaster numbers now ask you right off the bat if want to purchase WS tix, then they dump you into another bank.........and then you usually get a busy signal.  It's only 9:20 am.

Oh.My.God

This is going to be IMPOSSIBLE.

I guess I better have a clean couch come Saturday night, huh?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:20 AM)
FYI, the Ticketmaster numbers now ask you right off the bat if want to purchase WS tix, then they dump you into another bank.........and then you usually get a busy signal.  It's only 9:20 am.

Is that the Chicago number?

Because I called another number and got right through to the White Sox menu.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)
Yea, the Michigan and Ohio #'s are wide open.

I've got something else up my sleeve...

:P

I've got so many people working for me, I feel like a damn ticket broker.

And now I'm holding out for a HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:44 AM)
um, no.

They're just calling through to check the menu options out ahead of time, I think.

Exactly, getting a feel for the whole thing is key to success.

Preparation folks, preparation.