The Season is Officially Over!

whitesoxmanager

The one thing i want everyone to take from this season is that OZZIE GUILLEN taught us to deflect the negativity onto himself and off the players & when the players need the positive attention he always stepped aside. He was always the first outta the dugout or in the media room to take the pressure off his players. & was the last one off the plane. He has said several times that he wants his players to enjoy the joy of winning and that he doesnt want to get in the way of it! Even his coaching staff is a mirrored image of Ozzie. when things are down & out it really takes a special friend to help build you back up! OZZIE GUILLEN HAS OUR BACK! This is the most special part of this season to me! Win or dye trying!

This is a nice idea.

This was the best White Sox year of my lifetime. Man, what a blast. I'm bursting with pride. I have always loved this team and always supported them but this year....WOW!

I've always felt, at least since the early 60's, that we took a back seat to the Cubs. No more. The White Sox orginization far outclasses that of the Cubs. Get in the back of the bus Cub fans because we're ruling now.

As far as SoxTalk goes, man oh man I'm glad I found this site. I love it and I love you guys! :cheers

Let this be a reminder to everyone who says things will never happen.

Let this be a reminder to everyone who jumps off bandwagons.

Let this be a reminder to everyone that when you do things the right way, you get rewarded.

Let this be a reminder to everyone that one day the Blackhawks, Bears and yes, even the Cubs will win it all. (For anyone who says not really, the Hawks will never win with Wirtz, those are the same people who said the Sox would never win with JR)

BELIEVE AND DREAM HIGH....otherwise why bother living?

No .300 hitter.

One .900 OPS man.

One 100 RBI man

No 100 run scorer

One true stolen base threat

Two 30+ homer players.

Three closers.

Yet, all these things combined, formed one of the greatest teams of the past 25 years. Wire to wire World Series champions.

Unbelievable.

I knew they were very underrated going into the season...I thought they had a very good team. I didn't know they'd be THIS good.

What is scary to think about is that, depending upon the Konerko situation, they could very well be a better all around team next year. Rowand underproduced, Uribe underproduced, AJ - for all he did for us throughout the year - underproduced, Joe Crede was inconsistent, Duque was horrible at times as the 5th starter, Jose Contreras was horrible in the middle of the year, Garcia tended to be inconsistent, Iguchi was a rookie still adjusting to the majors, Thomas was out for 5 of the months(yet still managed to hit only 1 fewer homer than Aaron Rowand, who played in 120 more games).

This was one of the most enjoyable summer/October of my life. Going to over 30 games with my dad, friends and girlfriend. I never thought we would be able to share the joy of a World Championship like this with all the people I love. From Opening Day to Joe Crede's walk-off against Cleveland. From Mark Buerhle's under 2 hour game to Iguichi's homer off of Boomer Wells. I was there for all these great moments and more and they will be imprinted in my memories forever!!

This championship is for ALL of Chicago to enjoy...South, North and West sides. This one is for the 85 year old man that has endured so much joy and heartache watching the White Sox. This one is for the 10 year old kid who just became a White Sox fan, even if he does not quite grasp what he has just witnessed. This one is for Hawk, DJ, Rooney and Farmio who so eloquently bring the games to us.

I will never forget this year for as long as a live. Everytime I go to the ballpark and see the 2005 World Championship banner I will have to fight back tears from thinking of all the great moments I enjoyed.

Thank you White Sox for a summer I will never forget.

I would like to say that this was the most exciting offseason ever. We all got excited when KW started signing guys first Hermy, than Dye, than he made a balsy trade to aqcuire Pods and Vizcaino, than he signed El-duque and A.J. and right after Soxfest '05 he signed Iguchi capping off an amazing offseason. From that moment on I knew we really had something special. I knew we were loaded with pitching (Buerhle, Garcia, Contreras, El-duque, Garland, and young phenom McCarthy). I knew we finally had a true leadoff hitter in Pods, I knew we had much better defense (whole team), I knew we had a TRUE catcher in A.J., I knew we had an awesome bullpen, but when Takatsu made his farewell- along came BIG BAD Bobby Jenks! What a true team. No big names, just solid players. We have a true manager with much love for his White Sox. We he have a true G.M. that cares about winning!

So many memories this season- I've gone to 10 regular season games and 1 playoff games- and they were the funnest times of my life. Watching this team do this in the playoffs was remarkable. I'm so proud to be a Sox fan. I'm so happy to be able to talk to you guys on Soxtalk about my favorite team in the entire world. We can hold our heads up high, we did it- we are world champions. Nobody can take that away from us. The best team in the world- your 2005 Chicago White Sox! 88 years in the making. But why wait another 88 years- LETS REPEAT BABY! With Ozzie and hopefully Pauly coming back why can't we be 2006 world champions? DONT STOP BELIEVING!! God Bless White Sox Nation! Lets enjoy this spring training!

The white sox kicked ass. I went to or watched just about every game and they were all awesome. This team is much fun to watch and are great guys. The only thing that im pissed about is that the season is over and i cant watch the white sox till next april. Baseball is the best and the white sox have now carved their names in the baseball tree.

It's all downhill from here. Next year we'll want KW fired, we'll second-guess every move Ozzie makes, we'll b**** about that overpaid primadonna Konerko OR we'll talk s*** about him in another uniform, while also b****ing about JR's tightwad ways, we'll go right back to the dumbass "Judy" remarks, and USCF will be half-full most nights.

But for THIS season, it's forever cast in gold and untouchable.

Thank you Mr. Reinsdorf, Mr. Williams, Sr. Guillen, and every player, coach, Sox employee, and Sox Fan involved in this championship season.

:notworthy