Timo to the Twinkies?

DBAHO

Oh the irony;

The Twins have been checking the free-agent market for a lefthanded hitter.

That could mean they are looking at such players as Erubiel Durazo, Dave Hansen and Timo Perez. Hansen's agent has been in touch with the Twins, but it's unclear how much interest the Twins have in him. Perez has played in two World Series, in 2000 with the Mets and last season with the White Sox.

They should just find Jose Offerman again and just get him somehow.  I seem to remember him and the Mets being connected this offseason, but maybe that's just because everyone is connected to the Mets this offseason.

Yep, Jose Awfulman played a bit with the Mets and Phillies last season.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/O/jose-offerman.shtml

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 30, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
So you weren't happy with him on memorial day?  :huh:

His bad out ways his good. I hate him and always will... but i always wanted him to get on one way or another. I even admitted when he was the best option off the bench last year. That of course doesn't mean i wouldn't take 90823509 players over him in the same situation.

With timo people always cherry pick his good moments and forget everytime he was awful. I don't know how many times he would come in off the bench after a guy walks two guys or even one ( but showed no control with previous guys) and would go down in one pitch.

Really rather not argue about timo perez tonight... because everyone knows how everyone else stands on the subject.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 30, 2006 -> 11:03 PM)
Not all of his 179 AB's were terrible.  But most of them were...

Yet gwety's ( :P ) post implied ALL of his at bats were worthless.

I recall Timo having two good at-bats last season. Memorial day walk off, and that homer off of Radke after Garland crapped his pants in Minnesota. He also put on a good BP show when I saw him in San Diego....that's about it from Timo in 2005. :bang

Yet gwety's ( :P  ) post implied ALL of his at bats were worthless.

I recall Timo having two good at-bats last season.  Memorial day walk off, and that homer off of Radke after Garland crapped his pants in Minnesota.  He also put on a good BP show when I saw him in San Diego....that's about it from Timo in 2005.  :bang

That homer off of Radke was pretty sweet. The Timo homerun pose is hilarious. DJ's call is even better. :puke

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...d=cws&ym=200504

April 9: CWS @ MIN

• Perez's homer: 56K | 350K

Edited by SSH2005