2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

Matt Cain is pitching well, hint hint.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
Matt Cain is pitching well, hint hint.

LOL, nevermind. Karl Ravech just said on the preview for bbtn that Cain was pitching a no no and then literally 5 seconds later Figgins breaks it up.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
Carl Everett gets his 200th career home run. Congrats to him.

Got a 3-2 cookie and hit it WAY out, about halfway up the bleachers in right center at Dodger Stadium. It started a rally as well, as what was a 5-2 game to start this inning is now 5-4 with the Mariners still batting.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)
Oh baby.

Did anyone see the highlights from Baltimore versus Florida, where Cabrera was getting IBBed and swung at one of the balls, lined it into center and drove in a run?

God, that's beautiful.

WHAT?!? *runs over to tv to try and catch a highlight of this*

Oh baby.

Did anyone see the highlights from Baltimore versus Florida, where Cabrera was getting IBBed and swung at one of the balls, lined it into center and drove in a run?

God, that's beautiful.

I remember a player on the Brewers(Scott Fletcher?) did the same thing to the White Sox in the early 90's when Garner was running the team and trying to fight Hawk and Wimpy. I think the Brewers rallied from some large deficit during that game and that hit blew up the rally. Pat Listache was teh shizzle that year.

Oh baby.

God, that's beautiful.

I managed the varsity girls softball team in high school and we won a game doing the same thing. I always hate to see batters not ready to swing if its close like that. You know the defence wont be expecting it.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
Oh baby.

God, that's beautiful.

That reminds me of something that happened a few years back. I don't remember the player or the teams involved, but this pitch came in and bounced in the dirt, and the hitter just took a swing at it with his bat and ended up getting a hit out of it.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 06:48 PM)
That reminds me of something that happened a few years back. I don't remember the player or the teams involved, but this pitch came in and bounced in the dirt, and the hitter just took a swing at it with his bat and ended up getting a hit out of it.

Ichiro did that in Japan.

Just thought of another odd play that happened last season,. The A's were playing someone in extra innings if I recall right, and there was a guy on 3rd in the bottom of the inning. The catcher was going to the throw the ball back to the pitcher, and the pitcher failed to catch it. alertly the runner from 3rd started to come home and ended up making it safely to win the ballgame. I don't know that I've seen a play as odd as that one.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
Just thought of another odd play that happened last season,. The A's were playing someone in extra innings if I recall right, and there was a guy on 3rd in the bottom of the inning. The catcher was going to the throw the ball back to the pitcher, and the pitcher failed to catch it. alertly the runner from 3rd started to come home and ended up making it safely to win the ballgame. I don't know that I've seen a play as odd as that one.

Angels and Krod was pitching.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
K-Rod just muffed that ball too, got kind of lazy and it cost them a game.

Yup, iirc, the last pitch he threw he thought was a strike and didn't get the call. Kind of jabbed at the ball in anger when Molina threw it back and just dropped it.

Edited by Rowand44