2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Rotoworld

Robinson Cano - 2B - Yankees

Robinson Cano (hamstring) reportedly will not be ready to come off the disabled list immediately following the All-Star break.

Cano has yet to test his injured hamstring by running and will likely need a minor league rehab assignment before returning. Jul. 8 - 10:13 am et

Source: New York Times

Looks like Crede has a hell of a chance at getting in

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)
Per Rotoworld

Looks like Crede has a hell of a chance at getting in

He was already replaced when the inital roster was announced by Jose Lopez

Alex Escobar (MLB): 6 G | 23 AB | 6 R | 2 2B | 1 3B | 1 HR | 4 RBI | 2/5 BB/K | .435/.480/.739/1.219

Jerry Owens (AAA): 80 G | 320 AB | 55 R | 10 2B | 0 3B | 4 HR | 40 RBI | 29/50 BB/K | .246/.309/.315/.623

:ph34r:

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 02:50 AM)
Possibly the most satisfying HR of the season thus far.

Well, if we don't score here we have to face Manny next inning. I don't see this game going passed 10.

Edited by Rowand44

From the Trib:

While manager Ozzie Guillen won't make a final decision until Monday, he's leaning toward starting White Sox right fielder Jermaine Dye in place of Manny Ramirez in Tuesday's All-Star Game.

Ramirez, Boston's elected starter, is skipping the game with a sore right knee, which didn't prevent him from playing 19 innings Sunday.

I hope Dye gets the start but what a tool Manny is. Plays 19 innings but is apparently injured.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 06:58 AM)
From the Trib:

While manager Ozzie Guillen won't make a final decision until Monday, he's leaning toward starting White Sox right fielder Jermaine Dye in place of Manny Ramirez in Tuesday's All-Star Game.

Ramirez, Boston's elected starter, is skipping the game with a sore right knee, which didn't prevent him from playing 19 innings Sunday.

I hope Dye gets the start but what a tool Manny is. Plays 19 innings but is apparently injured.

Dye deserves the Start. He is leading all MLB outfielders in almost every major offensive catagory.

That also gives Ozzie three RFs for the game.

Ichiro can play CF easily, do who goes to LF?

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 08:21 AM)
Dye deserves the Start. He is leading all MLB outfielders in almost every major offensive catagory.

JD most likely.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 08:21 AM)

Probably Dye because Vlad was voted in. So to avoid any kind of minor controversy, it might end up being that way.

But if it were my choice, I'd put Dye in RF.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 06:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From the Trib:

Yes, a player is a tool for opting not to play in an exhibition game when he's been playing on a sore knee all season.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 11:08 AM)
Despite being a Red Sox fan, you should be able to admit that Manny is a tool because Manny is a tool.

He can play 19 innings in one game, but he can't play 1 or 2. He got the most votes out of anyone by the fans. The Red Sox just don't want to have a Manny "episode", and Bud Selig has no balls. The Red Sox and Manny are giving a big FU to baseball fans across the country.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 02:52 AM)
Well, if we don't score here we have to face Manny next inning. I don't see this game going passed 10.

I dont know how anyone could watch the replay of the game. Watching the two Walruses with the Red Cubs gear on sitting behind home plate, all I kept on thinking is they need a collective beating. Pointing at their shirts, screaming at every whitesox player. They looked terrorized after Dye gave Papleboner a jack. Then of course it must of been feeding time at the zoo, because they left about the 13th. Hope they found the buffet that they were looking for.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 11:51 AM)
Manny's done a lot of good for the game of baseball, and is the most popular player in the game. If you don't like him, that's fine.

That's why he was the number 1 vote getter, and he responds by all but giving them the finger.