Game Thread: 6/7/06. Sox-Tigers, Contreras-Verlander, 7:05 start

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 12:34 PM)
Contreras is one of if not the best pitcher in baseball right now. There are very few men I'd rather have going to the mound tonight. The sox will easily win tonight and finish the sweep off tomorrow.

Sox - 8

Tigers - 0

:gosox1:

HE'S BACK!

:headbang :headbang :headbang

Coming behind against a very hot reliever yesterday? In the 8th inning? To make Detroit feel worse? Know what that took?

That took balls.

detectivescrotessox.jpg

Take care of business tonight Jose. Offense, you too. We get out to an early lead and we really start demoralizing Detroit.

It doesn't take much to demoralize Detroit. There season is officially over. The imminent sweep by the White Sox will be the final nail in their coffin. I hope they enjoyed it while it lasted. The Sox are getting ready to really hit all cylinders and when they do, no one in the American League is safe.

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 12:14 PM)
It doesn't take much to demoralize Detroit. There season is officially over. The imminent sweep by the White Sox will be the final nail in their coffin. I hope they enjoyed it while it lasted. The Sox are getting ready to really hit all cylinders and when they do, no one in the American League is safe.

You seriously scare the hell out of me.

Does anyone know if Verlander still has the cut on his finger? and i like our chances even though i have Verlander on the 8 man challenge on MLB.com. GO SOX!

Edited by beautox

Even if Verlander grew some sort of 6th finger and learned a whole new pitch due to the grip he gets by using 6 fingers it wouldn't phase this sox line up. They are that strong and that focused right now. They know exactly what is riding on this series and Detroit truly doesn't have a chance. Nothing beats a nice June night watching the reiging and soon to be repeating world champions.

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 05:53 PM)
Even if Verlander grew some sort of 6th finger and learned a whole new pitch due to the grip he gets by using 6 fingers it wouldn't phase this sox line up. They are that strong and that focused right now. They know exactly what is riding on this series and Detroit truly doesn't have a chance. Nothing beats a nice June night watching the reiging and soon to be repeating world champions.

i remember a RICHARD HILDAGO who said stupid s*** every post and got banned.... im not saying anything... I'm just saying... you know....

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:14 PM)

Good thing it's almost Interleague time...

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)
i remember a RICHARD HILDAGO who said stupid s*** every post and got banned.... im not saying anything... I'm just saying... you know....

you've been around long enough, you should know poppy.

The good news...that's a hitting lineup against a quality pitcher. The other good news? Jose's strikeouts.

Let's get up on these guys early Sox!

Thunder (x10)

I was caught

In the middle of a railroad track (Thunder)

And I knew there was no turning back (Thunder)

My mind raced

And I thought what could I do (Thunder)

And I knew

There was no help, no help from you (Thunder)

Sound of the drums

Beatin' in my heart

The thunder of guns

Tore me apart

You've been - thunderstruck

Went down the highway

Broke the limit, we hit the town

Went through to Texas, yeah Texas

And we had some fun

We met some girls

Some dancers who gave a good time

Broke all the rules, played all the fools

Yeah, yeah, they, they, they blew our minds

I was shakin' at the knees

Could I come again please?

Yeah the ladies were too kind

You've been - thunderstruck, thunderstruck

Yeah yeah yeah, thunderstruck

Oh, thunderstruck

Yeah

Now we're shaking at the knees

Could I come again please?

Thunderstruck, thunderstruck

Yeah yeah yeah, thunderstruck

Thunderstruck, yeah, yeah, yeah

Said yeah, it's alright

We're doing fine

Yeah, it's alright

We're doing fine

So fine

Thunderstruck, yeah, yeah, yeah,

Tunderstruck, thunderstruck, thunderstruck

Whoa baby, baby, thunderstruck

You've been thunderstruck, thunderstruck

Thunderstruck, thunderstruck

You've been thunderstruck

Edited by Balta1701

:bringit :gosox1:

haha i love it when farmer finishes interviewing ozzie(on the score) and he tells ozzie, "good luck". ozzie always says something dumb,laughing,such as;" i dont need luck, i need offense" lol farmer just laughs, he probably thinks hes crazy.