Sean Tracey Promoted; Cliff Politte to the DL

Steve9347

Sean Tracey Promoted to Chicago; Cliff Politte to the DL

By Jason Gage

Soxtalk.com

The Chicago White Sox placed reliever Cliff Politte on the 15 day disabled list prior to Wednesday’s game due to soreness in his shoulder. Politte, a key cog to last year’s strong bullpen, has struggled mightily in 06; posting a 7.40 ERA in 16 appearances. The White Sox will replace Politte with AAA starter Sean Tracey, who will move into the bullpen in Chicago...Click Here for More On Politte and Tracey

Edited by greasywheels121

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 12:34 PM)
My thoughts are with Politte and his family as they try their best to deal with this problem. I hope all goes well and he can begin living a normal healthy life soon.

:bang

um, as far as I can tell, no one died, and Politte makes more money than any of us could hope for... this is a little overboard.

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 05:57 PM)
Wait, let me get this straight, I don't have to watch Cliff pitch for 15 days? Damn this summer just keeps getting better and better every day!

:headbang

A man is injured here. I understand that fun is fun and baseball is all about fun and winning is fun, but let's not forget the big picture here.

Edited by POPPY_HIDALGO

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
Wait, let me get this straight, I don't have to watch Cliff pitch for 15 days? Damn this summer just keeps getting better and better every day!

:headbang

Second this. :lol:

Too bad he can't become a major-league center-fielder in 15 days, that would solve two problems at once.